You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton (A) - 3pm, 19/11/16 - Feasting on Solent Green.

Trumo

These international breaks are a twat.  At the moment we're a blonde stunner with a slightly too big nose, or a spot in an unsightly place - the type that Carradona (where is he these days?) would go for. 

We are due a bad game but only if we're on the blob with a slightly big nose.  Otherwise we are bang up for it and screaming for more, more, more.  

If we give the boys from Brazil a break, due to travel, tiredness and and limited time to get ready, I'd be happy enough to go with Sturridge and Origi up top. Not Sturridge by himself, but both together. This clicked down at Southampton before, and we scored six then.

Don't get me wrong, what we've got going is fantastic and if we can carry on with that we should, but in the long run we will be better placed if plan B can come right in and perform at a high level in its own right.

• Upvote 1

If we give the boys from Brazil a break, due to travel, tiredness and and limited time to get ready, I'd be happy enough to go with Sturridge and Origi up top. Not Sturridge by himself, but both together. This clicked down at Southampton before, and we scored six then.

Don't get me wrong, what we've got going is fantastic and if we can carry on with that we should, but in the long run we will be better placed if plan B can come right in and perform at a high level in its own right.

Plan B should not be enforced upon us....these players are our clubs employees and to have them unable to play because of international football is not on. I am surprised that the clubs aren't making more noise about it.

I am sure our employers would not accept us being too fucked to go to work because we have been off doing extra shifts for somebody else...absolutely no reason for me why brazil can't play weds and sun and our lads be home monday.

As for Sturridge can you see him being fit on Saturday if he plays twice for Engerlund this week?

Plan B should not be enforced upon us....these players are our clubs employees and to have them unable to play because of international football is not on. I am surprised that the clubs aren't making more noise about it.

I am sure our employers would not accept us being too fucked to go to work because we have been off doing extra shifts for somebody else...absolutely no reason for me why brazil can't play weds and sun and our lads be home monday.

As for Sturridge can you see him being fit on Saturday if he plays twice for Engerlund this week?

I agree with the competing interest problem you highlight with international and domestic football. I'm sick of it! The disruption is a big danger to us, as we need time to find our rhythm again, not to mention the risk of injury and so on. I'd like to see a winter break and international games tagged onto the end of the season, so they can be played in a block after the domestic stuff is done. Then the players can go on holiday, recharge, and come back again to prepare for the new season. It could be done if there was the will, but I can't see FIFA playing ball. They've got their own gravy train to manage.

As for Sturridge, I can't see him playing twice for England and then turning out at a decent level for us. Hopefully with Kane back from injury and Walcott looking lively, Sturridge won't be the main man up front for England, which might keep him fresher for us.

Bottom line is I can't stand international football during the season. It should be a summer thing. Bit of travel. Few games, closer together, international manager gets to work with players a little bit longer, and then off on their hols before coming back to the clubs.

I agree with the competing interest problem you highlight with international and domestic football. I'm sick of it! The disruption is a big danger to us, as we need time to find our rhythm again, not to mention the risk of injury and so on. I'd like to see a winter break and international games tagged onto the end of the season, so they can be played in a block after the domestic stuff is done. Then the players can go on holiday, recharge, and come back again to prepare for the new season. It could be done if there was the will, but I can't see FIFA playing ball. They've got their own gravy train to manage.

As for Sturridge, I can't see him playing twice for England and then turning out at a decent level for us. Hopefully with Kane back from injury and Walcott looking lively, Sturridge won't be the main man up front for England, which might keep him fresher for us.

Bottom line is I can't stand international football during the season. It should be a summer thing. Bit of travel. Few games, closer together, international manager gets to work with players a little bit longer, and then off on their hols before coming back to the clubs.

Yeah the whole thing is out of control - even down to pre-seasons being affected due to the way the calendar is set out.

I realise there are more international games now and I realise that the league is now made up of so many different nationalities....it isn't 1982 anymore where nearly the whole league was made up of British players and the played a midweek international and everything was simple - but there has to be a better way than what we have now - LFC or any other team should not have to in effect field a weakened team because of demands of international football.

What you gonna do about it?

No point getting pissed off. Just enjoy a weekend without footie and do something else.

The break is all well and good (as shite as it is) not being able to pick our two most important players for our next league game because of international football is in my view totally unacceptable.

The break is all well and good (as shite as it is) not being able to pick our two most important players for our next league game because of international football is in my view totally unacceptable.

But still, what you gonna do?

Tell coutinho and firmino that you don't want them to play for Brazil?

Money dictates who plays when, and there's bigger all you can do about it, other than accept that to be honest most teams have to deal with similar.

But still, what you gonna do?

Tell coutinho and firmino that you don't want them to play for Brazil?

Money dictates who plays when, and there's bigger all you can do about it, other than accept that to be honest most teams have to deal with similar.

I am not gonna do anything am I...

but for me the club should - as I say it

is totally unacceptable.

Has to be a better way than what we have now.