You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Swansea City (Away) - Sunday 1st May 12:00

Allan

It's not meaningless though is it? Not for the 2000 fans who travelled there at the crack of dawn and not when we could still finish as low as 8th.

Obviously Thursday is the priority but that doesn't mean the players can just go through the motions for the remaining league games.

It is all a part of the shitness of modern football...

When we won the treble in 1984 players played every game including replays in league cup...and put in a proper shift every time playing nearly 70 games...none of this resting players shite and prioritising this over that etc.

Best team every game and win.

As for today it is inevitable we are shite...it is raining and horrible and our soft as shite players don't fancy it at all.

Was always going to be a very difficult task given the number of youngsters in the team. Its virtually our U21 side.

Class tribute by swansea before the game with that statement read out over the tannoy. And class with the 27th minute tribute too. Thank you Swansea City FC.

Big Ben to bring the pain to Swansea in the second half.

Or to us.

It's grim to think facing a 2 goal deficit at HT we are facing the prospect of Benteke coming in to try and rescue the game . There is hope and then there is Benteke

Poor half - Ward, Clyne and Lovren at least looked conscious. Skrtel passes like he's trying to get rid of a bomb, Ojo's feet are too far away from his brain and Chirivella has all the strength of a child in an Oxfam advert.

May as well stick Benteke on and complete the eye aids of this display.

Our boys didn't do the basics right, only magnified by the likes of Coutinho, Ibe and Sturridge failing as well.. Think we lost the ball about 20 times going forward in that half, absolutely zero ball retention. Even as poor a side as Swansea will punish that eventually. 

I've had enough of Skrtel too. Can't be a coincidence that Lovren is like night and day when playing with him and Kolo/Sakho.

Hopefull Chirivella (and Ojo) will bounce back from this. Ojo has a lot bigger potential, but I still think there's a player in Chirivella. His problems today stem from lack of movement ahead of him as well as him being nervous and overrun.

I think this game is really illustrating just how important it is to control the centre of the park.

Stewart and Chirivella (especially) are having nightmares, and it's having a knockon effect all over the pitch.  The fullbacks are pinned back and useless in attack, the strikers retreat to get into the game, and the centre backs are panicking every time they get on the ball.  We obviously don't really care about the result but if we don't want it to be an embarrassment we need Lucas or Allen on for Chirivella.

• Upvote 1

Why didn't Skrtel try and tackle him for that second goal?

Apparently the lad hadn't scored for a year! Pisses me off how we make these no mark teams look like world beaters.

I just hope we get through the second half without any injuries and at least look as though we are remotely arsed.

Load of shite!

Why didn't Skrtel try and tackle him for that second goal?

Apparently the lad hadn't scored for a year! Pisses me off how we make these no mark teams look like world beaters.

I just hope we get through the second half without any injuries and at least look as though we are remotely arsed.

Load of shite!

watch Coutinho's non challenge, then he turns his back to play and just lets the lad run away and score.  No wonder he got hooked.

• Upvote 1

I think this game is really illustrating just how important it is to control the centre of the park.

Stewart and Chirivella (especially) are having nightmares, and it's having a knockon effect all over the pitch.  The fullbacks are pinned back and useless in attack, the strikers retreat to get into the game, and the centre backs are panicking every time they get on the ball.  We obviously don't really care about the result but if we don't want it to be an embarrassment we need Lucas or Allen on for Chirivella.

This a thousand times over. Centre midfield is the spine of any team and our one has scoliosis.

• Upvote 1