You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2016

dickie mint

Telling that Virgil Hunter didnt want the fight and he spoke a lot about the prospect of khan being able to meld together his boxing skills and his mental skills then he d be a truly great fighter. I dont think he has great boxing skills other than his speed which he used very well for 5 rounds. Mentally he always looks like he ll get dragged into a punch up that he doesnt have the defence to deal with.

also have to think that all the leg work they did to make him sturdier made him heavy legged after 5 rounds.

One judge had Canelo 4-1 up

Fucking typical Vegas corrupt bullshit.

Atlas saying Canelo ahead on 2 fucking cards goig into the 6th.

Had he gone on to get fucked on the cards that would have been a pisstake again

I need to see it later but everything i have read including listening on 5live and Paulie saying Khan up by minimum 4 rounds

Ch6AzZ9VAAAxJo8.jpg

Only one judge had Khan winning and even that one by a point. Vegas is corrupt as fuck

One judge had Canelo 4-1 up

Fucking typical Vegas corrupt bullshit.

Atlas saying Canelo ahead on 2 fucking cards goig into the 6th.

Had he gone on to get fucked on the cards that would have been a pisstake again

Nice to see Atlas calling the judges out.  Incredible how anyone could have given Canelo a round up to then never mind have him ahead.  It went as most people thought in the end with Khan out boxing him with Canelo eventually catching up with him.  Incredible ko though.  

Hope Khan retires now if I'm honest.  He should have made more than enough money made for himself.  I admire his bravery but those kos aren't going to do him any good long term.  

Khan is a better fighter than Canelo, but he is too small.

Who knew?

Aye, massive shock.

Fight was a bit of a farce really. Golden Boy have thrown a lot of lighter weight fighters to the lions to build Canelo.

I really like Canelo, but it's time to either officially duck Golovkin or step up to 160.

Massive credit for Khan to get in there.

I need to see it later but everything i have read including listening on 5live and Paulie saying Khan up by minimum 4 rounds

Posted Image

Only one judge had Khan winning and even that one by a point. Vegas is corrupt as fuck

One judge scored Canelo vs Mayweather a draw.

Ch6AzZ9VAAAxJo8.jpg

That's depressingly predictable. Khan could have held him off and outpunched him all night and still have been denied victory.

That said, Canelo looked to have woken up a lot in that fifth.

fuck right off.Khan stepped up and took on a world classfighter with a fantastic punch.he was 5 rounds up easy. Why the fuck can you not respect great brave fighters? Amir is a class fighter and still has a great future. Maybe you should stick to wanking over that massive cunt Fury.

U ok hun? X

He was boxing well up until the 4th round, then he started to set his feet and move less. That right hand was every bit as thunderous as the shot Pacquiao levelled Hatton with. Poor lad's going to be watching himself getting knocked unconscious on every KO highlight reel from now on. 

I don't really disagree with the judges either (barre the blue one who's corrupt as fuck). It's not like it was a whitewash for Khan before he got stopped, he blatantly lost the 5th and arguably the 4th as well and he was losing the 6th before he got stopped.

To be fair not many people would have survived that dig irrespective of size or weight. Caught cold, asllep before he hit the canvas. Thankfully, he sounded compis mentis once he was revived. Fair dooze to Canelo for immediately showing concern for his fallen opponent and fair dooze to Khan he left it all in the ring. Both fighters deserve a lot of credit for the lack of bullshit shenanigans we usually have to put up with. I find the circus a huge turn off. This was worth staying up for.

He was boxing well up until the 4th round, then he started to set his feet and move less. That right hand was every bit as thunderous as the shot Pacquiao levelled Hatton with. Poor lad's going to be watching himself getting knocked unconscious on every KO highlight reel from now on. 

I don't really disagree with the judges either (barre the blue one who's corrupt as fuck). It's not like it was a whitewash for Khan before he got stopped, he blatantly lost the 5th and arguably the 4th as well and he was losing the 6th before he got stopped.

Not sure about the 4th and 5th mate.  Canelo was definitely getting closer but I thought Khan still won them.  Canelo definitely took over in the 6th before KO though imo

Really hoping that someone can force de la Hoya arm and get Canelo and Golovkin fight done. It would be huge but the stucking point will be weight. Golovkin has said he isnt figjting a catchweight. They come in ring and a very similar size so there is no excuse. Id love to see thst fight late this year

Really hoping that someone can force de la Hoya arm and get Canelo and Golovkin fight done. It would be huge but the stucking point will be weight. Golovkin has said he isnt figjting a catchweight. They come in ring and a very similar size so there is no excuse. Id love to see thst fight late this year

There isn't much excuse for the Middleweight champion refusing to defend his belt at Middleweight.

• Upvote 1

That's depressingly predictable. Khan could have held him off and outpunched him all night and still have been denied victory.

...and yet people will always tell you that the reason Khan doesn't box to a plan and gets himself drawn into fights is that he's just too thick/ballsy to fight on the back foot for a whole fight.

Don't get me wrong, he isn't the best fighter at following a gameplan by a long, long chalk and I wouldn't suggest otherwise.  I've always been sure that at the back of his mind though is also the fact that he's been in the game long enough to have seen so many bent decisions that he wants to win rounds to the point where nobody can justify not giving them to him.

Although that's both laudible and entirely understandable, unfortunately he's never learned to marry that outlook with a realistic understanding of what his opponents are capable of, hence the number of times we've seen him walk onto punches or drop his guard at ridiculous times.

I like Khan, always have done.  The lad's got bags of heart and will fight pretty much anybody you put in front of him.   In an age where so many title fights are a let-down for whatever reason, he also almost always gives value for money.  That's the reason US crowds like him too, they know they're very unlikely to see a boring fight no matter what else it might be.

He's shot himself in the foot a few times in his career with his daft losses because they're the reason that his promoters have rarely been in the driving seat when making fights and that in turn has seen him in the ring against fighters who know they have a chance of exploiting the weaker aspects of his game.  Last night is an absolutely prime example of that; the real issue even more than the reason he lost the fight is why the fuck he was ever in there to begin with.

His fight againt Maidana is proably one of my favourites of the last 10 years, for a chinny boxer facing a knock-out artist the amount of punishment he took and came out the other side of towards the end of that fight was unreal.  As others have said, you can fault him as a boxer but you can't fault the lad's balls at all.

Watching him spend 11 rounds using that ludicrous guido fuck Malignaggi for target practice was also pretty good, purely from an amusement perspective. Neither are goinng to be the career highlights that the lad could have realistically hoped for though.  Names like Barrera and Collazo on his list look nice but he didn't fight either one at their best.