You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2016

aRdja

I'm actually not arsed.

None of us are huge fans of Ian Ayre, that goes without saying, but I think the options were pretty clear:

- Go all out for a big target that we were already looking at for the summer

- Hold up and wait for Origi (and maybe even Sturridge, though that's less likely) and Coutinho to return from injury, save our money for the summer when more players are available.

We tried the first one, and it didn't happen.  And none of us were in the room so who can say, but it seems like Shakhtar indicated Teixeira would be available for somewhere around 35m, we offered 29m, then they said they wanted 38m, then they said his buyout is 53m, then they said he's not for sale.

Pretty hard to make that happen if so.  If we're not going to get Teixeira or someone at that level (or ter Stegen-level for GK), I'm fine with just waiting to the summer.  We're unlikely to finish top 4 unless we had a huge signing come in and start out on fire, so I'd rather finish 7th with money in the bank for the summer than pay 20m for someone on the Berahino level just to finish 5th or 6th and then go into the summer with little to spend.

• Upvote 3

Any dealing with Russian clubs is dirty, it' why we never get anywhere. Chelsea will bung the owner 15m in cash and declare the purchase price 35. Who would know?

You can't do business there. I think Klopp decided from the start the best thing he could do was to instill professional fitness levels in these lazy shites and carefully decide who to cull at season's end. Based on the chances he's given people like Lallana, Moreno, Henderson, Milner - fuck, the whole 'first team' basically - no one can complain.

We'll be selling before buying.

All these players that Rodgers was running around like a mad bull trying to give clubs £20+ million for are now being shipped out on loan. Iturbe, Cheryshev, El Shaarawy, Doumbia, Siqueira. Just shows you what a complete disaster zone that man was in terms of transfers.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Any dealing with Russian clubs is dirty, it' why we never get anywhere. Chelsea will bung the owner 15m in cash and declare the purchase price 35. Who would know?

You can't do business there. I think Klopp decided from the start the best thing he could do was to instill professional fitness levels in these lazy shites and carefully decide who to cull at season's end. Based on the chances he's given people like Lallana, Moreno, Henderson, Milner - fuck, the whole 'first team' basically - no one can complain.

We'll be selling before buying.

Just as well they are Ukrainian then.