You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gegenpressing

Paco

To be fair,Bayern really should have been out of sight but for poor finishing and Cech. Also already being qualified help.

I do totally understand your point though and Bayern have been on the end of many English defeats over the years. They do seem a bit cursed when playing English opponents,at times.

football is a low scoring game and if you're well organised, work hard, ride your luck and the oppo arent firing then anyone can beat anyone.

I thought Bayern were gegenpressers who played possession too?

I thought Bayern were gegenpressers who played possession too?

I suppose they can do but Klopps Dortmund and Mainz sides were sort of underdogs so had to earn the right to dictate the game and often had to concede long periods of possession simply due to not having players of equal ability,sound familiar?

Dortmund did evolve from counter pressing into a team which had much more possession but it took a while to do that due to having lesser quality players at first. I liked Klopp's first conference where he basically said that it wasnt about possession( he used 50/50 as an example, but indicated that it was what you do when you have your 50 per cent and what you do with that 50 per cent thats the most important.

I like his thinking,its very simple and easy to understand,it needs committed players and an overall will to win. Something we have wanted here for ages. 

Its easy to see why players love his management style and will run through brick walls for him. I would do it as a fan!