You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Another US Shooting

General Dryness

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

az8x9o5t4ek51.jpg

That is hilarious,but equally tragic that it's heavily based on fact.

My American cousin visited early this year while travelling and it was lovely to see her as she had just turned 70 we hadn't see her for about 25 years. Anyway,we talked a lot about the US and family and she was telling me that she has fallen out with a lot of her family because of their crazy views. She is a lot like us,very liberal,open minded and cares about things like the environment and poor treatment of foreign workers etc. She has a brother who is your typical Trumpist and she,naturally,doesnt see eye to eye as he's a second amendment 'guns for breakfast,dinner and tea etc. He befriended me on facebook but after a couple of posts I deleted him as I had a feeling he was that way. Her Mum,my Dad's sister met her husband and my Uncle through him being stationed in the USAF in Europe in the 1950s and he was a lovely quiet man from a large family in Georgia. My cousin also doesn't speak to them as they are religious nutters. My cousin has travelled extensively around the world over the years and I think this is why,alongside some familial DNA,that she is so open in her thinking. Similarly,my Uncle and her Dad travelled through being in the Air Force and his kids lived in Spain and Guam,plus elsewhere during their childhood before settling in California near Vandenburgh Air Base where he was finally stationed. This is a long winded way of saying that 'travel broadens the mind' and opens up the thought processes. The insularity of many Americans is a major cause of 'Trumpism' and religious fanatasism that is rife over there and other cultures aren't allowed to seep in too much other than in 'harmless' ways like food and fashion etc.

• Upvote 2

My uncle (Scouser) lives in the States now and he's into all the pro gun ownership stuff (he's not got one, just think he's bought into the glamorised view of the land of the free stuff) and he posted a vid the other day of some bloke trying to rob a cashier in the supermarket with a knife in Texas and one of the customers pulled out a gun and threatened to fill his ass up with some hot ones, so he dropped the knife. I suppose that's another side of the argument. 

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

My uncle (Scouser) lives in the States now and he's into all the pro gun ownership stuff (he's not got one, just think he's bought into the glamorised view of the land of the free stuff) and he posted a vid the other day of some bloke trying to rob a cashier in the supermarket with a knife in Texas and one of the customers pulled out a gun and threatened to fill his ass up with some hot ones, so he dropped the knife. I suppose that's another side of the argument. 

Over here they'd threaten the cashier with a knife and customer would pull out and threaten the raider with a baguette. 'Not that type of bread.'

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Living the saying  of bringing a knife to a gun fight.

if the robber had read this thread, he would have known he’d need a gun, as they’re all armed to the teeth in America.