You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Klopp another Rodgers?

JohnnyH

Don't know about others, but I enjoy distorting facts about Brendan Rodgers to rid him of all credit and make him out to be actively ruinous, rather than the slightly daft but talented overpromoted manager he actually was.

Also the whole "fraud" thing. He worked for Liverpool FC as a football manager. Being a football manager has been his profession for a number of years now. Where is the fraud exactly?

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

I said many times last season I was far from the best or most loyal fan but after seeing what's happened during my time watching LFC where we get rid of a good manager everytime he has a bad season I wanted to see how one would do if they were given the chance to turn it around, I believed in BR but even if I didn't I would have wanted him to stay.

I'm talking about the league campaign mainly when I said I'm writing the season off but being honest those cups don't mean much to me, the Europa league would be nice so we could qualify for the cl but I won't be losing any sleep if we get knocked out of any of them.

Serious question.

Why the fuck do you even bother to watch football if that is your outlook on trophies. id be fucking delighted if we won the Europa league not because its a route into the champions league, but because its a FUCKING TROPHY.  And it means the club is having success.

"It would be nice to QUALIFY  for the champions league, but im not arsed about WINNING A TROPHY".

What the actual fuck..............................................................

• Upvote 2

Serious question.

Why the fuck do you even bother to watch football if that is your outlook on trophies. id be fucking delighted if we won the Europa league not because its a route into the champions league, but because its a FUCKING TROPHY. And it means the club is having success.

"It would be nice to QUALIFY for the champions league, but im not arsed about WINNING A TROPHY".

What the actual fuck..............................................................

Explains why hes saying good things about rodgers. Fuck the putting medals on the table I judge a manager on teeth whiteness stats, silverware is all good and well but if we are measuring by oral hygene shanks and paisely are amateurs therefore not as good managers.

You mean like the Cardiff or Stoke games a couple of years ago when we came back from behind and scored something like 5 goals in each match.Lets not only look at the bad patch he had last season and use that as an example of what his teams did, everything was going wrong at that point and it's not a true reflection of a BR team.

Let's look at all of Brendan's patches.

2012-13  August to January, bad; January to May, good.

2013-14  Very, very good

2014-15  First third, record-breakingly bad; Middle third, good; Final third, horrible.

2015-16  Just bad.

I'm all for accentuating the positive, but let's be realistic.

• Upvote 1

I don't judge managers on trophies, I judge managers on what they do with the tools they have to work with.

Jose and Pep have won a lot but that should be expected with the teams they managed, Rafa and Klopps achievements are more impressive to me.Moyes won nothing but I would say he done a better job at Everton then Martinez done at Wigan.

You can't use that as a comeback when someone compares Rodgers with Martin O'Neill  - unless you think O'Neill worked with greater resources than Rodgers had at his disposal.

I reckon a lot of the animosity towards Rodgers probably stems from him not going after the Stoke debacle.

That game pretty much lost any hope he had of turning it around.

I think quite a lot of it was his insistence after every single pathetic, insipid, defeat that we were magnificent/outstanding.

Rodgers' interviews in 2013/14 didn't bother me too much, even though I reckon they were as nauseating to a neutral ear as those before and after.

Would love to see what Klopp would have done with Sterling/Suarez/Sturridge and a fading but still vital Gerrard behind them.

I'm no speculative fiction writer, but a title in 2014 and a long run in the European Cup the following season wouldn't have been out of the bounds of possibility, I reckon, with Gerrard bowing out as a losing finalist after a 3-1 defeat to Real Madrid.

That plus the buy to let landlord thing, fucking off his wife at the first chance for an upgraded model and the slimy way he used to always talk about our tremendous history whilst saying off air he didn't give a fuck about our history or any of our previous managers.

He was a used car salesman. Same with Bobby Brown Shoes. But you get the impression behind closed doors that the latter has some class. Rodgers just masquerades as classy because that's the best way to get ahead in life.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That plus the buy to let landlord thing, fucking off his wife at the first chance for an upgraded model and the slimy way he used to always talk about our tremendous history whilst saying off air he didn't give a fuck about our history or any of our previous managers.

He was a used car salesman. Same with Bobby Brown Shoes. But you get the impression behind closed doors that the latter has some class. Rodgers just masquerades as classy because that's the best way to get ahead in life.

And the Real Madrid game.

• Upvote 3

And the Real Madrid game.

And the cringey paper briefings - celebrating his unfailing tactics, and snidily critical of players still at the club who he may not have wanted.

Don't suppose he has been asked further about the Bernabeu and Basle (?) surrenders on TV lately? Would love to know the rationale behind that.

Guest Pistonbroke

What I don't get is those who say we can't dislike him because....he's an ex Liverpool manager, you can fuck right off with that comment. Better ex players and equally bad managers than him get slagged off. Rodgers's tenure yielded nothing and he left us with a squad of talentless pricks who we paid over the odds for. 

It is possible to dislike a fellow based both on his lack of ability and his totally dislikeable personality. 

Guest Pistonbroke

One last thing.

I think a lot of fans got carried away with the one season we were in with a shout of lifting the title under Rodgers, myself included. No surprise when you think how long we have gone without landing the title. For those of us who witnessed the 70's and 80's it didn't take long to put that season into prospective. 

Looking back we didn't play that well in a lot of those games, exiting to watch yes, but from a footballing prospective we just out gunned a lot of opponents due to Suarez, Sturridge and to some extent Sterling being on fire, defensively we were still naive and in the end it bit us on our arse. 

As if anyone gives a fuck (or even knows) what went on between him and his missus. He was fighting a bit of an uphill struggle because he replaced a popular manager and he wasn't the kind of glamorous name that fans crave but the personal abuse he gets stems from results and performances towards the end of his reign being shit. Klopp will receive exactly the same treatment (from mostly the same people) if we're not consistently winning trophies and/or qualifying for the Champions League over the first few years of his reign and the same words people are hanging off now will be used as a stick to beat him with.

• Upvote 2