You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2015 amnesty thread

Bjornebye

• 3 weeks later...

I think Lovren will come good this year. Last season went from bad to worse, and he seemed way too intense and eager to please. He's starting the new campaign from a deficit, so people will be slow to give him praise, but I think he will do quite well.

I've seen better centre backs at the woman's world cup.  

I've seen better centre backs at the woman's world cup.

You're probably right! But I'm trying to see the bright side for Lovren. He looked OK at Southampton. He has to be better this season, surely!

As for the women's World Cup, just wanted to mention the shocking standard of goalkeeping. None of them look like they fill the goal, and they all seem to struggle far too much with positioning and any shots that are heading in the upper section of the goal. The other positions have been better than I expected, but the goalies all look comical to me.

You're probably right! But I'm trying to see the bright side for Lovren. He looked OK at Southampton. He has to be better this season, surely!

As for the women's World Cup, just wanted to mention the shocking standard of goalkeeping. None of them look like they fill the goal, and they all seem to struggle far too much with positioning and any shots that are heading in the upper section of the goal. The other positions have been better than I expected, but the goalies all look comical to me.

England's second goal v Canada - The keeper got lobbed whilst standing on her goal line.

I think Lovren will come good this year. Last season went from bad to worse, and he seemed way too intense and eager to please. He's starting the new campaign from a deficit, so people will be slow to give him praise, but I think he will do quite well.

You might want to throw some serious prayer time behind that, Padre. Maybe even a bit of Opus Dei style self-flagellation.

Not sure we can afford to find out. I think there is a footballer in there somewhere and he is not complete gash 100% of the time but what we need above all is a solid start and risking Lovren in the hope he will come good not something I wouldn't do. Quite honestly what we do with him is a problem.  His value is probably less than half what we paid even assuming we could find a punter . 

I think they're both terrible and cherry pick easy parts of the game to focus on, instead of presenting the whole tactical picture.

Even though he had got stale, unoriginal and a bit boring in his last few years as a pundit, Hansen would still be miles better than the pair of them. I'm surprised Hansen hasn't been signed up one of the footie broadcasters. Even though he's not as good as he was, he's still better than anyone else on the telly.

85% of the people who post regularly on this forum - well more specifically their opinions and how they choose to air them - are a huge part of what's driven me away from giving a shit about the game.

• Upvote 1

85% of the people who post regularly on this forum - well more specifically their opinions and how they choose to air them - are a huge part of what's driven me away from giving a shit about the game.

This is like saying "Paying for and watching Adam Sandler movies has driven me away from enjoying comedy."

This website is easily avoidable.

• Upvote 4

But you choose to air that opinion on the very forum you seem to despise. Illogical Captain.

Ah, but I like the forum very much, and the 15% are much much better than the 85% are awful.

It's just seeing a bunch of people piss and whinge about our possible next assistant manager, having watched each signing this past few weeks greeted with the Facebook identikit joke about playing out of position, it's all just made me realise that those very people who drive me away from the game are right here, in front of my face.

• Upvote 1