You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Your own self-made/band music thread

Red Phoenix

• 2 months later...

Hello music bods.  I come before you with a request, a request which might take someone with relevant music software 5 minutes whereas would take me 5 years.

Background:  I have a mate who really looks like Jon Snow off of Game of Thrones.  To the point that when we're out having a drink people come up to him and ask him if he is, and then proceed to quote, things at him and ask him if he's dead or alive.  Really rude stuff too like people asking him for selfies or just taking pictures of him when they think he can't see.  He's been in supermarkets and the cashier has stopped everything to point out that he looks like Jon Snow.  He's never seen the show and gets really annoyed and pissed off about the whole thing as he feels since GoT started it's affected his life negatively. 

So naturally I want to wind him up about it.

I'm just after a short audio clip, maybe 10-20 seconds starting with someone saying "Do you know who you look like? Jon Snow" then voices of people saying "Oh My God, John snow!" "you know nothing!" "Winter is coming!" "Jon snow jon snow" like speaking over each each other to give the effect of the inner monologue of my mate when he's out and a whole bar load of people start calling him Jon Snow as he's about to have an emotional breakdown. 

Reppage in it for anyone with the time and a pint if I bump into you. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sold my Volka Keys synth as it didn't have the range of sounds I needed (it was still a good synth to start with though), so have gone back to the guitar. This is just a rough demo of the first tune I got when playing again. Am maybe going to sort the drums out (they were added really quickly to have something other than guitar in the track) and add some bass and lead next.

https://soundcloud.com/vedanamusic/upekkha-demo

Needs a bit more choke by the sound of it.

Was just going to post back to say that some of the sound is off (lead guitar bits.) I'm kind of tired and have been fucking around with it too long. I'll just re-upload that tune when done into the same link anyway.

Maybe try some four star rather than red diesel?

Haha, sorry you've lost me there.

Anyway the tune in that post has now had a minor alteration, some guitar in the first half doesn't jump out as much (I had to record several parts and had volume balancing problems.) It's a kind of screwed up, messy tune, but that was what I decided on going for after I'd spent a few hours on it and tried a new guitar effect in rakarrack (guitar amp program.)

It's good to be back on the guitar either way, didn't realise how much I'd missed it.

Another issue was that most of the tune has one guitar track going through most of it with a flanger effect (the swirling type noise) on it, so it was harder to break into bits because you'd notice the effects not matching I think. And on that track the flanger effect was turned up too much so it altered the whole tune. That's basically why the noise levels are pretty mad. I could try and record it again, but it'd probably take a fair bit of messing around. Might have a go at some point though.

Hahah, that tune's a right chaotic mess, but I can't help but like it. Tried sorting it out earlier but the main track (that you can hear more in the demo version in a previous post) is just too heavy with its effects like I said, so I'd have to start from scratch. Have just woke up with another tune in my head anyway and grabbed the guitar + mobile phone and started recording bits of it, will try to get a demo of that done over the next day or so and then develop it into something easier on the ears this time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...