You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Eccentricities

Nunavut Patrick

I have loads. I have to smoke a cigarette listening to gimme shelter by the rolling stones when I'm pissed at some point in the night.I try to quote the wire or the sopranos in conversation without it being obvious. I eat makarel twice a day most days. I let my dog kiss me.

basically I'm probably mentally ill on some level.

• Upvote 1

The fuck is this volume shit?  I don't even look at what number it's on, I listen with my ears not my eyes.  Turn it up until it's loud enough, stop turning.

You lot should all be in some kind of home, the kind with bars on the window.  Five bars, just to fuck with you.

• Upvote 4

The fuck is this volume shit? I don't even look at what number it's on, I listen with my ears not my eyes. Turn it up until it's loud enough, stop turning.

You lot should all be in some kind of home, the kind with bars on the window. Five bars, just to fuck with you.

You're the weirdo. We'll see who is laughing when Purple Aki climbs through your window to rape you next time you leave the volume on uneven number.

I'll step this up a level, if I'm reading someone I can't leave it on a page with the number 7 in it, no matter how tired I am. So if I turn to page 70 then I'm reading it until I reach page 80. If I notice the page has got 7 paragraphs as well then I have to go onto the next one.

I appreciate this is less an eccentricity and more full blown OCD. But I'm fairly sure this is the reason I haven't been raped and killed in my sleep, so far.

Whenever I arrive at Heathrow, Terminal 3 I come out the doors and point at someone and wave with a big smile.

My daughter begged me not to do it but i have to. Had a few weird looks as I just then carry off to that tunnel to the Tube.

not happy that Air Canada has switched to Terminal 2.

Whenever I go south to a beach holiday the first thing i do is run into the ocean, rip off my swim shorts and wave them above my head.

• Upvote 2

You're the weirdo. We'll see who is laughing when Purple Aki climbs through your window to rape you next time you leave the volume on uneven number.

I'll step this up a level, if I'm reading someone I can't leave it on a page with the number 7 in it, no matter how tired I am. So if I turn to page 70 then I'm reading it until I reach page 80. If I notice the page has got 7 paragraphs as well then I have to go onto the next one.

I appreciate this is less an eccentricity and more full blown OCD. But I'm fairly sure this is the reason I haven't been raped and killed in my sleep, so far.

Ful blown OCD, yep you called it mate.

Always putting a beanie on with the label inside it on the same side because it just feels better somehow - eccentricity.  (I do this.)

Having to sing the second verse of Disco Inferno if you drop a pickled onion on the kitchen floor - NURSE!  (I don't do this.)

I don't even have numbers on my PC speakers by the way, I realise some of you won't even be able to engage with this concept but there you go.  I did just check my system volume and it's on 97.  That's how I roll, living on the edge.

I struggle with 2 competing noise sources, especially when one of them is a person trying to tell me something.  3 and I start to think about machine guns.

Same here but I'd never considered that becoming deaf was an eccentricity.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I have to turn the light switch on and off before leaving the room and I have to lock the front door three times and crawl through the catflap to get out.

I don't even have a catflap. Nor a front door.

Nor any light switches.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I still discreetly spit if I walk over 3 grids because I value humanity

Why on earth would you walk over three drain cover thingies? Mad bastard. I best your mother's back was broken ever time you went out if the house. Poor woman.