You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge-2015

LFC 6 Times

There is no question that Sturridge, on song and fit, is a class act capable of playing in any PL side.

Chelsea and Man City let him go, despite that.

It is also factually true that Sturridge has only played one complete league season in his entire career, for us in the second finish, earning him a £7.5m a year contract, worth £37.5m.

His ability has never been in question, his application has. His entourage is legendary, and when you have a guaranteed £37.5m coming in on top of the many millions you have already earned just managing the money becomes a job in itself unless you are very focussed on your sport, and I don't think there has ever been any evidence that he has that( and he is not alone,nor is it confined to LFC).Swansea and Scion away, frankly, get in the way of life.

Maybe Klopp will revitalise him? But my fear is that all this gegenpressingwill seem too much like hard work. You can hear his advisors now pointing out that JayZ and Will Smith don't have to do any gegenpressing...

If he does not want it then i think this manager will Jib him without hesitation.

I was watching some video on YouTube recently. I can't remember who it was, but the American TV presenter (Liverpool fan) said something along the lines of. "it's known if you offered daniel Sturridge the couch before the game, he'd sit on it every time"

He was employing he's a lazy shit basically.

Ah well if the American TV presenter said it it must be true.

• Upvote 4

i can't imagine any player is ever 100% fit during the season. Playing with tweaks and knocks is still part of the game. We all know what can happen when you get doubts in your head.

Hopefully Sturridge can get a good run of games, being out for short periods regularly is not too bad. One month on then six months off is not so manageable.

I was watching some video on YouTube recently. I can't remember who it was, but the American TV presenter (Liverpool fan) said something along the lines of. "it's known if you offered daniel Sturridge the couch before the game, he'd sit on it every time"

He was employing he's a lazy shit basically.

He was implying -- the club is employing.

To be fair it must effect him mentally considering the long term injuries that he's had throughout his career. He must just think that if he plays with a slight knock then it will lead to something else so rather than missing 1 or 2 games he'll be out for 10.

Sturridge is a very good player and we have persisted with him through his injuries, so now is not the time to lose patience. I don't think he will be a main man for us in the sense that we can count on him week in and week out, but if we get 20-25 games a season out of him and 12-15 goals then I'd take that, at least for the time being. 

There are loads of permutations up front. It will be interesting to see what Klopp makes of Benteke and Origi, and if he has any other strikers in mind if we are going to let anyone go. But I think we will stick with what we have up front while Klopp assesses things thoroughly. 

I can see us sign that young Portuguese midfielder as he looks like he could go on to be world class. And we might sign another central defender. But for the time being I think Klopp will make the team more solid and take his time assessing his options up front.