You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2015

RobbieOR

I can't see us doing much in January, the onus should surely be on Brendan to get the best out of what he has bought?

IF we are still in the LC and CL there may be a case, but if we are not then I think the kitty will rightly be kept shut. Then it is a case in the summer of whether we can offer CL football next season.

To be fair to FSG, they backed Brendan heavily this time around, he needs to deliver.

This is about right for me. I think sometime people lose track of how much we have spent, an absolute fortune. We seem to be in a situation where we have spent 215 million and people are calling for Lucas to man the midfield and Toure to be the cb.

Cut our losses. Get rid of the shite before their stock falls further.

Spend big on Pedro and Isco. job done.

I think OUR stock has fallen rather then the players, to attract big players you need consistency in qualifying for the CL, we just look totally like Suarez was the main man rather the it having been Rodgers who directed us to 2nd. The only way to change that before the jan window is for rodgers to get to grips with this team which so far he has failed miserably at.

If we are still floundering around end of next month then last years finish will be seen as a flash in the pan rather then us building.

Mike Mcglynn, Alan Harper and someone else. To be fair they're the ones I always bin on Footy Manager as well.

hah, Harper was the advance scout, scouting the opposition, Owl-faced cunt appointment, clearly shite at his job. Liverpool also sacked Mel Johnson, south-east regional scout. Southampton area, what a fucking surprise.. And McGlynn has been marginalized by Hunter & Fallows if I recall, no loss.

hah, Harper was the advance scout, scouting the opposition, Owl-faced cunt appointment, clearly shite at his job. Liverpool also sacked Mel Johnson, south-east regional scout. Southampton area, what a fucking surprise.. And McGlynn has been marginalized by Hunter & Fallows if I recall, no loss.

No he was not anything to do with the Southampton region, stop making  shit up, ta. His job role was to do with younger players, not players that everyone can see playing on MOTD like Lovren, Lallana and Lambert.

It's like saying a London scout bought Keane or a Midlands scout bought Barry, behave.

I think OUR stock has fallen rather then the players, to attract big players you need consistency in qualifying for the CL, we just look totally like Suarez was the main man rather the it having been Rodgers who directed us to 2nd. The only way to change that before the jan window is for rodgers to get to grips with this team which so far he has failed miserably at.

If we are still floundering around end of next month then last years finish will be seen as a flash in the pan rather then us building.

A good post in full.

We superficially are still looking good, yet could also crash down the precipice. Bournemouth away in a LC competition which guarantees a Euro spot all of a sudden looks pretty tricky as they power their way to the top of the Champ. We didn't exactly steamroller Ludogorets at Anfield, the away leg cannot be taken for granted, and Basle are a far more experienced CL side than us in recent years. All those games are a Harry Styles situation - they could go either way.

In January we could be setting ourselves up for the CL knock out stages, LC semi finals and a top four place with Sturridge back and Super Mario settled in, the sort of team most players would be happy to join. Or we could be out of the CL, LC and adrift of the top four, with few suitable to join us.

I am still optimistic, but the focus is on Brendan to do his job.

• Upvote 2

I think you can still attract top players to Liverpool, they're all motivated by different things, some money, some success, some both. The mancs managed to land some stars despite not being in the CL, I'm not saying we should go down that route but it's still possible. I'm not trying to sound a twat but I think the biggest reason we'd struggle to attract top players is Rodgers, he's got no pedigree in European football and no standing in world football, that is something LVG has got, mentalist that he is, and Wenger to a lesser extent, Mourinho too obviously. No coincidence that Rafa, a well respected manager in Spain with trophies under his belt, was always able to attract top players from the Spanish league. Players follow football too.