You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dejan Lovren

WhiskeyJar

I fucking hate this twat so much. Cannot understand this decision at all, the guy has cost us so many points and last weekend was just another example. Absolutely​ never good enough for any team with Champions League ambitions.

I love Klopp but he is far too loyal to shit players.

• Upvote 2

I fucking hate this twat so much. Cannot understand this decision at all, the guy has cost us so many points and last weekend was just another example. Absolutely​ never good enough for any team with Champions League ambitions.

I love Klopp but he is far too loyal to shit players.

Been a while since I really personally disliked one of our players but I agree, Lovren comes pretty close to tripping that particular trigger.

Every time he has a half-decent game he's off to give interviews about how he's "showing his quality" and "proving himself," but then 3 games later he's back to giving away goals while shouting at everyone around him for not doing his job.  Really a dislikeable character.

Contrast to Lucas, who is another perfect example of the mediocrity in parts of our squad.  The Brazilian is at least very likeable, keeps his mouth shut and does his best (even if it's not quite good enough).  I would be a lot happier with Lovren if he pursued this strategy instead of pretending he's Beckenbauer in disguise who's always "just had a couple of off games recently."

Been a while since I really personally disliked one of our players but I agree, Lovren comes pretty close to tripping that particular trigger.

Every time he has a half-decent game he's off to give interviews about how he's "showing his quality" and "proving himself," but then 3 games later he's back to giving away goals while shouting at everyone around him for not doing his job.  Really a dislikeable character.

Contrast to Lucas, who is another perfect example of the mediocrity in parts of our squad.  The Brazilian is at least very likeable, keeps his mouth shut and does his best (even if it's not quite good enough).  I would be a lot happier with Lovren if he pursued this strategy instead of pretending he's Beckenbauer in disguise who's always "just had a couple of off games recently."

He should get the equivalent of the Ballon d'Or for that particular disguise.

I don't think that these contracts being thrown about are "protecting value" anymore. I think they're because we're going to be stuck with these pansy, shit bird players because we're not going to replace them with quality

I totally disagree. Klopp rates him.

Look like we again attracted a manager that is hopeless with transfers, rewarding shithouses with new contracts, no one can say that Rodgers is at fault for our poor squad when hes throwing new contracts to all the shit. But he showed strong charcter with Sakho some will say. Shit stains all over the club, top to bottom.

• Upvote 1

Look like we again attracted a manager that is hopeless with transfers, rewarding shithouses with new contracts, no one can say that Rodgers is at fault for our poor squad when hes throwing new contracts to all the shit. But he showed strong charcter with Sakho some will say. Shit stains all over the club, top to bottom.

Congratulations on the league win, Brendan.

I don't share the antipathy towards Lovren. I think our CBs are made to look worse than they are by the paucity of protection they're offered. That said, Lovren had a mare last time out

I agree that it's more of a system failure than down to the individuals. Should be great fun on here when we break the bank for Van Dijk and still concede soft goals in the autumn.

That said, Lovren had cut out a lot of the silly personal errors. Shame that he's fallen back in recent times.

Im not sure how you implement a system where a single longball can make our whole backline run around like headless chickens, or i dont think it has anything to do with having two players shielding infront of them.

They often don't seem to know what they're doing in any pressure situation, so the manager needs to simplify the system or the instructions.

I don't share the antipathy towards Lovren. I think our CBs are made to look worse than they are by the paucity of protection they're offered. That said, Lovren had a mare last time out

This is true, but even so, Lovren has shown nothing throughout his career to justify this kind of faith. He's had more bad seasons than good. 

• Upvote 1