You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

I'm going to be fair to Joe Cole here in addressing a wider issue that annoys me a bit, we've heard numerous players allude to the propaganda that the club comes out when it comes to signings and sales, so it's fair enough that he came out and gave his views like this. I actually wish the club wouldn't do it. I don't need to know that every player we sign was a boyhood red. My fragile ego could cope with the fact that a player we love today, may actually have supported someone other than us as his voice was breaking and his balls were dropping.

However, I really have no idea what it's supposed to achieve. Is he passionate about Aston Villa? Was he really passionate about Lille? He's a little mong who was shit. He should be embarrassed about ever mentioning his time here at all, never mind to have a dig at us but he's hardly the first or only footballer to have a complete lack of self awareness..

Meanwhile back in transfer land, reading a bunch of shite, from shite sources, that the Moreno deal is a) hit a snag b/c Sevilla want more money or B) (edit: it's "B )" not 'smiley with glasses you emoticon loving auto-correcting-fuck) the structuring of payment isn't to their liking (this one sounds familiar). 

Anyone else read/heard anything from a credible source?

• Downvote 1

Meanwhile back in transfer land, reading a bunch of shite, from shite sources, that the Moreno deal is a) hit a snag b/c Sevilla want more money or B) the structuring of payment isn't to their liking (this one sounds familiar). 

Who or what is credible? The Telegraph are saying as much but then they go on to say we were gazumped by Chelsea after we announced Willian was having a medical at ours after we agreed a fee with Anzhi.

Which is obviously bullshit. We don't agree fees with anyone.

Joe Cole was an expensive failure here who appears to have apportioned little of the blame for that to himself, which may or may not be why he then failed at the club that reared him.

A fool* unto himself who was barely a Liverpool player in body, let alone spirit. Seeing him flounder at Villa will be a nice reminder of what we're not doing anymore. Ridiculous decision by them.

* albeit a very, very rich one.

Villa fans strangely up for signing Cole. Poor bastards talking about regaining his form. Wait till they see him in 'action.'

One or two of the smarter ones are covering their eyes and shaking their heads.

The one Villa fan I've spoken to, had the following reaction, "Fuck sake, I thought he'd retired"

If we really want Moreno and think he's going to be top class, then surely it's a no brainer that we pay Sevilla the way they want and/or give them 22/23 million rather than 16/17 million. People can say we're being shrewd, but we run the risk of another club coming in, all because we're trying to be too smart with the cash.6 million is nothing in the long term if it sorts out a problem position and he's as good as they say he is.

While I will give Fenway credit for many things, I can't help but think that they would gladly take us finishing fourth every year to maximise their profit, rather than push the boat out to take us to the holy grail of winning the league. I'm very hopeful that we will win the league in the coming seasons, but that's more down to Brendan and the team, rather than any conviction that Fenway will throw 60 million at the team this summer.

• Upvote 1

While I will give Fenway credit for many things, I can't help but think that they would gladly take us finishing fourth every year to maximise their profit, rather than push the boat out to take us to the holy grail of winning the league.

I actually agree with Fenway though, I think a good left back can be found for £15m rather than £22m. I'd like Moreno, don't get me wrong, but I think we're being led around by our cock here, and I don't blame FSG if they object to clubs just bleeding £7m-£10m extra out of us just because we're impatient or can't be arsed to look harder for a good left back.

We work damn hard for that £10m, merchandising people, tv rights, shirt sales, branding, and just throwing it at Sevilla is all a bit crass. There are no guarantees, and if Moreno is anything less than Roberto Carlos standard then I'll be furious that we paid over £20m for him. A left back won't win us the league, but £20m spent sensibly just might make the difference.

I'm not going to advocate spending £20m on a left back who didn't even make the Spanish World Cup squad. Juanfran and Azpilicueta made the squad ahead of him, are they worth £25m then?

How much would it cost to buy Sevilla outright?

Meanwhile back in transfer land, reading a bunch of shite, from shite sources, that the Moreno deal is a) hit a snag b/c Sevilla want more money or B) (edit: it's "B )" not 'smiley with glasses you emoticon loving auto-correcting-fuck) the structuring of payment isn't to their liking (this one sounds familiar). 

You may be as honest as they come mate and it appears that you are being however.... I just can't take that risk....

NeggedGif.gif

• Upvote 4

Joe Cole is an out and out cunt. It was as much as I could do to stop myself running on the pitch and kicking his face in when we were knocked out of the league cup (by Reading, poss?). 10 minutes in, he's wandering round the centre circle and resting his hands on his knees, puffing for air. The useless, fat, smoking, mercenary, overrated, wage-stealing, two-faced, window-licking wanker.

• Upvote 4