You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

1 hour ago, Special K said:

Just finished season 2 of The White Lotus.

Great show about horrible people. Seriously, they're all nobheads

Mrs S is watching the finale of series 2. Wouldn't normally be my sort of thing but it's very good.

On 10/12/2022 at 21:50, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Tokyo Vice 

Couple of episodes in, but it's good thus far. Managing to avoid falling into the clichés of Westerner in the East.

Finished this. It was alright, but it didn't really seem like a full season given nothing was brought to a conclusion. The whining and love triangle were a touch neo-noir Dawson's Creek for my liking. Hope they lean into the yakuza angle more for season 2.

Feel like watching Violent Cop now.

Yellowstone s05e06

The storylines in Yellowstone, what little that present themselves at least, are entirely incidental to my enjoyment of this series.

Yellowstone is the most gorgeous program on the telly, easily, and it's magic exists in those quiet moments away from the hustle and bustle and politics and skullduggery.

I'm fully onboard with Senator John Dutton's luddite viewpoint in this season.

9/10

• Upvote 2

Episode 1 of Willow. Holy fuck it was bad, from the weird moments trying to add humour in serious situations and every single character wanting to be a stand up. The clichéd over used scenes "uh has she fallen into the ravine? Oh no there are her hands she just hung on and pulled herself up in time" but mostly more than everything else was Warwick Davies putting in a more wooden performance than his fucking twig wand in the film.  Shit writing, shit acting, shit show.

37 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Yellowstone s05e06

The storylines in Yellowstone, what little that present themselves at least, are entirely incidental to my enjoyment of this series.

Yellowstone is the most gorgeous program on the telly, easily, and it's magic exists in those quiet moments away from the hustle and bustle and politics and skullduggery.

I'm fully onboard with Senator John Dutton's luddite viewpoint in this season.

9/10

I'm saving it so I can watch it all in a block. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Episode 1 of Willow. Holy fuck it was bad, from the weird moments trying to add humour in serious situations and every single character wanting to be a stand up. The clichéd over used scenes "uh has she fallen into the ravine? Oh no there are her hands she just hung on and pulled herself up in time" but mostly more than everything else was Warwick Davies putting in a more wooden performance than his fucking twig wand in the film.  Shit writing, shit acting, shit show.

I saw a funny headline review of that.

"Not bad until Warwick Davis turns up."

24 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Carrie in Banshee is currently wanking in the bath with her shower. I'm so deeply in love it's ridiculous. She's thinking about me. Oh my god she's just got out fully in the scud. 

I can't believe you haven't seen this before, I mean I don't know you but this seems like it would be right up your street.

Just now, manwiththestick said:

I can't believe you haven't seen this before, I mean I don't know you but this seems like it would be right up your street.

To be honest parts of it are too nuts and I've nearly jibbed it. Definite Gangs of London about it but.... tits. More specifically Carrie. Who ironically doesn't have massive tits but I'm not complaining. 

10 hours ago, El Rojo said:

I’m about halfway through Season 3 of Gomorrah. Still very compelling but, Christ, it’s so bleak it makes The Sopranos seem like Happy Days.

thats the point of it though.Thats what it would be like being in that lifestyle. 

I think its utterly phenomanal.

Compare that to say Gangs of london.

15 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

thats the point of it though.Thats what it would be like being in that lifestyle. 

Yeah it removes the glamorous image of the mafia for sure. I spent ages on google maps going around that Scampia neighbourhood, grim in the extreme. 

1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

44 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah it removes the glamorous image of the mafia for sure. I spent ages on google maps going around that Scampia neighbourhood, grim in the extreme. 

Yeah, it certainly removes the glamour. They don't even show the nice parts of Naples. There isn't a character who hasn't done utterly horrible things (except Patrizia so far maybe - no spoilers please). From where I am now in the middle of Season 3, it must only be Ciro and Gennaro left from the start.

Just now, El Rojo said:

Yeah, it certainly removes the glamour. They don't even show the nice parts of Naples. There isn't a character who hasn't done utterly horrible things (except Patrizia so far maybe - no spoilers please). From where I am now in the middle of Season 3, it must only be Ciro and Gennaro left from the start.

Patrizia is lovely

dnh52delamg81.jpg

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

it focuses a lot on the scampia area and they say later on its almost like a city within naples.