You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2014

DanDanShaw

I'm actually up in Belfast for the Frampton fight, the atmosphere was electric, but fuck me Belfast is one shit place to go out in. There's literally no night life, we've been stopped for wearing "sports wear", fucking black trainers is sports wear. Can't wait to get back to Dublin. Dump, rant over.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Anyone else watching Maccarinelli tonight?

Never thought he'd be fighting for a world title again after this:

I travelled over to that fight with the Missus for our anniversary, there was 7 good fights on the card, the main one was supposed to be Macklin v Barker until Barker pulled out with injury. Just talking to her earlier about the ko, the whole arena went very quiet, I thought he was fucked. Ref was a disgrace leaving him box on from the first knockdown...his legs were gone. I think Frenkel has only fought once since, I read he got freasked out about the ko, wouldn't blame him.

• Upvote 1

I travelled over to that fight with the Missus for our anniversary, there was 7 good fights on the card, the main one was supposed to be Macklin v Barker until Barker pulled out with injury. Just talking to her earlier about the ko, the whole arena went very quiet, I thought he was fucked. Ref was a disgrace leaving him box on from the first knockdown...his legs were gone. I think Frenkel has only fought once since, I read he got freasked out about the ko, wouldn't blame him.

You romantic old devil! Respect for finding a bird game to do that.

One of the worst decisions to let someone box on I can remember.

You're watching it screaming at the screen for it to be called off, then he goes down so fast the second time the camera can't keep up.

Good fight this. You watching it on that site Lizzie? Great stream. Won't last long this fight.

No, not sorted out paying for that as yet mate.  Just got a stream off Twatter.

He's either cleaning Brahmer out with a haymaker - not impossible, he seems a bit frail when he gets caught - or he's got a round or 2, tops.

You romantic old devil! Respect for finding a bird game to do that.

One of the worst decisions to let someone box on I can remember.

You're watching it screaming at the screen for it to be called off, then he goes down so fast the second time the camera can't keep up.

Ha yeah I done well, she's a red as well.

Horrible eye there, Lockett done well there, gave him his chance and pulled him before it got too serious.

Ha yeah I done well, she's a red as well.

Horrible eye there, Lockett done well there, gave him his chance and pulled him before it got too serious.

For sure.  Gave him a round more than I thought he would.  Be taking some time to heal as it is, let alone more being piled on.

Anyone else watching Maccarinelli tonight?

Never thought he'd be fighting for a world title again after this:

The hardest shot i ever saw him take was in the Haye fight and he took it plush without even going down. It's at 1:40 on the clock in the 2nd round, monstrous punch and he just walks through it, obviously he gets tonked about a minute later, but i could never get round the fact that he didn't buckle from that shot.

Tool though he is in many ways, I did hugely enjoy watching Haye over the years, even right from the start on the BBC when he came through at the same time as Froch.

His power even carried up to heavy, was just always going to be shut out by the likes of Klitschko due to the yawning gap in reach.

• Upvote 1

Tool though he is in many ways, I did hugely enjoy watching Haye over the years, even right from the start on the BBC when he came through at the same time as Froch.

His power even carried up to heavy, was just always going to be shut out by the likes of Klitschko due to the yawning gap in reach.

I went over to Hamburg to watch that fight and the way it's reported made out Klitschko was boxing his head off. Yes he was the clear winner but both fighters defence totally dominated, neither fighter caught the other very much at all for 12 rounds. The atrocious weather played it's part. Still the only boxing card I have ever been to, need to sort this out.

It started well but Bradley just fought stupid for most of the fight. The constant flailing away with the right and stupid posturing cost him any chance of winning. His ego cost him any hope of making it close.

I thought Bradley was winning the early rounds but because the crowd went nuts every time Manny threw a combination it distorted the judging of those early rounds. During the mid portion of the fight Tim looked gassed and got outworked, and towards the end he stopped trying to throw combinations or outwork Pacquio and was just aiming for that haymaker right over the top, hoping for another Marquez vs Pacquio 4 knockout.

Manny's relaxation was the most impressive trait, never once did he panic, his corner were composed in-between rounds, whereas Tim was getting bollocked by Joel Diaz virtually every round. He was too emotional, he fought too emotional as well. The commentary team for Box Nation was a disgrace, it was a closer fight than they gave Tim credit for, most of those early round combinations by Pacquio landed on nothing but thin air but they were acted like they landed flush, Larry Merchant is fucking done as a credible voice in boxing, unbelievably biased.

I thought it was a pretty wide margin win for Pacquaio.

It was very close early(1-3) but Bradley was his own worst enemy going for the big shots all the time,especially considering he isnt a big hitter. 

Pacquiao didnt destroy him but was comfortable after the third up to the 11th imo.

I thought it was a pretty wide margin win for Pacquaio.

It was very close early(1-3) but Bradley was his own worst enemy going for the big shots all the time,especially considering he isnt a big hitter. 

Pacquiao didnt destroy him but was comfortable after the third up to the 11th imo.

Similar to how I saw it. Very comfortable win in the end.