You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The XBMC thread - What it is, how it works etc...

Sugar Ape

Yo, Sportsmania gimps. Has the On Demand/Catch Up section improved of late? It had gone to shit last time I had a sub but it's flawless on the other one I use at the minute. I much prefer to watch boxing in the morning as opposed to staying up all night so I think this is the issue that'll decide if I switch back to SM or not.

• Upvote 1

Yo, Sportsmania gimps. Has the On Demand/Catch Up section improved of late? It had gone to shit last time I had a sub but it's flawless on the other one I use at the minute. I much prefer to watch boxing in the morning as opposed to staying up all night so I think this is the issue that'll decide if I switch back to SM or not.

Watched UFC 214 on the on demand section of SM and while it was fine, it wasn't the same HD quality I was used to from them. Can't complain at £4.50 a month. Oh wait I can. Sort it out SportsMania. I want ALL OF THE PIXELS!

• Upvote 1

Watched UFC 214 on the on demand section of SM and while it was fine, it wasn't the same HD quality I was used to from them. Can't complain at £4.50 a month. Oh wait I can. Sort it out SportsMania. I want ALL OF THE PIXELS!

Cheers mate. I watched the UFC yesterday morning in glorious HD. It even let me skip past the bits in between fights that I had no interest in.

The sub I'm using keeps everything that airs on the sports channels for seven days. Seems I've got a decision to make.

Just ordered two of these...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H96-Pro-Plus-Octa-Core-Android-7-1-3GB-32GB-tv-box-4K-Amlogic-912-2-4G-5GHz/282570749330?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

...one for me and one for my Ma for her birthday.

I've got my old Minix box in the loft running MyGica Kodi 17.3 fork on Android 4.41 and it's struggling tbh. The specs on this H96 Pro are the dogs bollocks though, Android 7.1.1 and 32 gb internal memory, 4 usb ports, fast as fuck...and only £55 !

I'll upload my own build to it, should arrive Friday.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H96-Pro-Plus-Octa-Core-Android-7-1-3GB-32GB-tv-box-4K-Amlogic-912-2-4G-5GHz/282570749330?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I've got my old Minix box in the loft running MyGica Kodi 17.3 fork on Android 4.41 and it's struggling tbh. The specs on this H96 Pro are the dogs bollocks though, Android 7.1.1 and 32 gb internal memory, 4 usb ports, fast as fuck...and only £55 !

Looks nice that, mate. Not trying to piss on your chips at all but I've read stories of cheap shite boxes being sent from China sold as the real thing on eBay. I tried to make sure I went through a reputable seller when I bought my t95z+ and ended up getting it from Gearbest. It's made by Sunvell and the one you posted is made by Sundely and I'm probably way off but that set an alarm ringing. Seems like a bit of a rip-off name.

Like I said, I'm probably way off and I haven't taken the time to find out if Sundely are reputable or not but I did a quick search and found that box going for under £50 on a legit site. They're only on offer for the next 16 hours though.

http://m.geekbuying.com/item/H96PRO--3G-32G-Amlogic-S912-TV-BOX-374230.html?Currency=GBP&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7JG7ne6z1QIVY7XtCh2jVQLYEAQYBCABEgLhRvD_BwE

Which Minix box would that be as a few are being updated to Lollipop from Kitkat

have a check on the forum

http://www.minixforum.com

Was going to buy the box that CD posted above, but I bought a Amazon Fire 4k box instead. It's fucking awesome.

Have Kodi 17.3 on it and runs pretty good.

Have a Prime account so free video/music.

Amazon remote back up on my iPhone.

Voice activated and linked to my Logitech harmony and Amazon Dot.

Also installed Terrarium TV, which is a Kodi killer.

Did I say I love tech shit?

• Upvote 1

I'd never heard of Terrarium before. Just installed it now and it's nice! Cheers for the heads up. I've just read that you can sync your Trakt 'collection' of TV shows to show up in the favourites on Terrarium so I'll be doing that later on when I get the remote back. She's nabbed it to watch fucking Teen Mom and that's my cue to read a book in the bath for a bit. The only downside to the Trakt sync with Terrarium is that it doesn't mark the episodes watched but I can live with that.

I wouldn't call it a Kodi killer because I use that for sports and documentaries as well but it's a great little app to go alongside it. It works fine with the remote too unlike some other android apps that make you fuck around with the mouse feature.

I'd never heard of Terrarium before. Just installed it now and it's nice! Cheers for the heads up. I've just read that you can sync your Trakt 'collection' of TV shows to show up in the favourites on Terrarium so I'll be doing that later on when I get the remote back. She's nabbed it to watch fucking Teen Mom and that's my cue to read a book in the bath for a bit. The only downside to the Trakt sync with Terrarium is that it doesn't mark the episodes watched but I can live with that.

I wouldn't call it a Kodi killer because I use that for sports and documentaries as well but it's a great little app to go alongside it. It works fine with the remote too unlike some other android apps that make you fuck around with the mouse feature.

Yeah that's what it's been labelled as.

For movies and TV shows, it's ace. For sports/footy, I'll be using Kodi for Sportsmania.

I've added all my TV shows to watch into my favorites.

I use VLC player with it as MX player didn't work for me as it kept asking for a codec.

You can change which player to use under settings (far top right corner).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZadnjliSEQ

Yeah that's what it's been labelled as.

For movies and TV shows, it's ace. For sports/footy, I'll be using Kodi for Sportsmania.

I've added all my TV shows to watch into my favorites.

I use VLC player with it as MX player didn't work for me as it kept asking for a codec.

You can change which player to use under settings (far top right corner).

Set it up with MX Player without any problems mate. Cheers.

• Upvote 1

Best add ons at the minute chaps?

Covenant is great but Elysium has seemingly gone tits up.

Get on Terrarium mate, you won't regret it. It's much faster to navigate around. I installed it on a Fire stick today and even though it's a tad slower than it is on my android box it's still very good. If you are on a Fire stick you'll need to install VLC as well like 1892- posted further up. Or MX Player for non-Amazon devices.

Kodi wise, I only use Covenant, Specto and Elysium for telly/films. It's a shame about Elysium because that seemed the best of the three.

Get on Terrarium mate, you won't regret it. It's much faster to navigate around. I installed it on a Fire stick today and even though it's a tad slower than it is on my android box it's still very good. If you are on a Fire stick you'll need to install VLC as well like 1892- posted further up. Or MX Player for non-Amazon devices.

Kodi wise, I only use Covenant, Specto and Elysium for telly/films. It's a shame about Elysium because that seemed the best of the three.

I'll have a gander at that tomoz.

Alternatives to Sports Mania?

I'm using StreamCenter. It's close to £60 for a six month sub but it has loads of channels, not just sports, and mostly in HD. You can also scroll back a full seven days on all the major sports channels as well as having a sports catch-up feature. You can scroll back on a fair few of the non sports channels too.

• Upvote 1

I'm currently using SmoothStreams as my paid IPTV sorts app.

Quite expensive but the quality is good. Great guide and also allows you to switch between several servers if you're having buffering issues. Dead handy.

How much? Just watched a YouTube clip of it and it looks good.

Does it allow multiple IP addresses?

How much? Just watched a YouTube clip of it and it looks good.

Does it allow multiple IP addresses?

It's no longer accepting new subscribers as it's at capacity.

I am looking for a good one as the one I was going to use no longer exists so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk