You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

It seems to me that your life would be much better if you either, purged most of your facebook friends or closed your account altogether.

I just dont know how people can get so wound up by it myself. I simply ignore anybody on it who posts meaningless shite.

Maybe its a generational thing.

Fully see where you are coming from but I don't think that it is giving me too much grief that would give me need to close it.  There is an option to unfollow them so a few have had that treatment, but closing it is not really an option, the good people on there make it worthwhile and organising things is a lot easier on there.

Trying to get a lads trip together for June and all the lads being on there means you can get a private group going and all post ideas in there. Also I have worked and studied abroad, so quite a few decent people on there who I like to keep in touch with.

It doesn't wind me up that much, maybe the posts come across like they wind me up more than they do.  I think it is more a whinge about the times we live in. Doctor Troy often complains about it but from speaking to him I think he shares a similar view

I don't actually post pictures or status updates on it and nobody can see mine, hope that clears it up

Fully see where you are coming from but I don't think that it is giving me too much grief that would give me need to close it. There is an option to unfollow them so a few have had that treatment, but closing it is not really an option, the good people on there make it worthwhile and organising things is a lot easier on there.

Trying to get a lads trip together for June and all the lads being on there means you can get a private group going and all post ideas in there. Also I have worked and studied abroad, so quite a few decent people on there who I like to keep in touch with.

It doesn't wind me up that much, maybe the posts come across like they wind me up more than they do. I think it is more a whinge about the times we live in. Doctor Troy often complains about it but from speaking to him I think he shares a similar view

I don't actually post pictures or status updates on it and nobody can see mine, hope that clears it up

Fair enough.

The unfollow option is obviously your best friend.

• Upvote 1

Guest davelfc

People that know they're going to have to pass through airport security and yet dress like Mr T. Then spend 15 minutes having the security have to tell them to remove each item. Especially the arseholes that do this in the fast track queue when you've also got fast track and the slow lines are moving quicker. 

Flying is painful enough without the brainless morons that make the process even worse. I absolutely hate everyone else on the plane, the person in front and the person behind even more. I could at times strangle them with the cheap headphone wire or smother them with the tiny pillow. If the person behind is not punching the in flight entertainment screen in my headrest, then they're pulling themselves up using my headrest, use your fucking legs you lazy cunt. These must be the same lazy twats that think a travelator means they don't have to walk. It's designed to move people through the airport faster. The same pricks that are wandering around the duty free stores looking at shit that costs much more than the high street while ignoring the regular calls for them to board their flight. 

• Upvote 2

People that know they're going to have to pass through airport security and yet dress like Mr T. Then spend 15 minutes having the security have to tell them to remove each item. Especially the arseholes that do this in the fast track queue when you've also got fast track and the slow lines are moving quicker. 

Flying is painful enough without the brainless morons that make the process even worse. I absolutely hate everyone else on the plane, the person in front and the person behind even more. I could at times strangle them with the cheap headphone wire or smother them with the tiny pillow. If the person behind is not punching the in flight entertainment screen in my headrest, then they're pulling themselves up using my headrest, use your fucking legs you lazy cunt. These must be the same lazy twats that think a travelator means they don't have to walk. It's designed to move people through the airport faster. The same pricks that are wandering around the duty free stores looking at shit that costs much more than the high street while ignoring the regular calls for them to board their flight.

There is an aeroplane wankers thread on this but you are right, I fly aboot fifteen times a year and the fucking meffs and scruffs they let on planes these days rival anyhting a bus or metro has.

Althought to be fair I have yet to see someone lick a window on an Airbus.

People that like to point out things that are not right. Yorkshire people are particularly good at this I have found.

Taking Ms Reds friend back to the train station in the car, shes sat in front passenger seat and suddenly shouts "THE WING MIRROR IS CRACKED!"

Yes I fucking know, its not new to me nor is it the end of the world. Yes I will get it fixed when I have less important things to do, like getting you out of my life and on the fucking train!

People that like to point out things that are not right. Yorkshire people are particularly good at this I have found.

Taking Ms Reds friend back to the train station in the car, shes sat in front passenger seat and suddenly shouts "THE WING MIRROR IS CRACKED!"

Yes I fucking know, its not new to me nor is it the end of the world. Yes I will get it fixed when I have less important things to do, like getting you out of my life and on the fucking train!

You should have screamed and bailed out, leaving the car to continue driverless until it found its way into the nearest ditch or busy intersection.

That'd give her something to panic about.

• Upvote 2

You were rattling her weren't you?

• Upvote 1

People in work who whinge about being skint all the time yet point blank refuse to come in and do overtime when it's been available for most of the year. Also when you do actually do it a book a holiday they moan that either

A you are a money grabber or

B it's alright for some

Two women moaning that they are skint already this month yet neither would contemplate coming in of a weekend to earn extra cash.

I did overtime solidly for one full year and booked a round the world holiday taking six weeks off. Cue all the whingers saying "wish I could fuck off to Australia for six weeks". Well you could if you got your fat lazy arse out of bed on a Sunday and came in instead of sitting round your house in your pyjamas watching Tim Lovejoy and Simon Rimmer mince around a kitchen every Sunday.

• Upvote 1

I'm a patient man. I rarely get annoyed by time based things, especially in the car, but there is one that I encountered twice today that gets on my nerves.

At a petrol station waiting behind someone filling up. Then when they finish you watch them walk into the shop, stand in a lengthy queue, don't buy anything else and then pay on card. There's a pay at pump option designed exactly for your needs, and you even had to expressly select not to use it.

My second entry here, is the reason I needed to encounter this twice in one day.

When you wait in a 3 or 4 car queue at a busy petrol station only to find when you eventually get to the pump that there's a little plastic thing over the diesel pump saying 'sorry, none left'.

Make the sign bigger, or employ someone to walk up to all the poor fuckers in that queue telling them there's no fucking diesel.

I'm a patient man. I rarely get annoyed by time based things, especially in the car, but there is one that I encountered twice today that gets on my nerves.

At a petrol station waiting behind someone filling up. Then when they finish you watch them walk into the shop, stand in a lengthy queue, don't buy anything else and then pay on card. There's a pay at pump option designed exactly for your needs, and you even had to expressly select not to use it.

My second entry here, is the reason I needed to encounter this twice in one day.

When you wait in a 3 or 4 car queue at a busy petrol station only to find when you eventually get to the pump that there's a little plastic thing over the diesel pump saying 'sorry, none left'.

Make the sign bigger, or employ someone to walk up to all the poor fuckers in that queue telling them there's no fucking diesel.

Totally agree with the broken petrol pump sign.

Once,in Asda,because the sign was invisible and the last pump before paying,I had to go out of the petrol station and drive all the way round the store's car park and wait at the back of the queue again.

Pretty annoying to say the least.

Here it is.

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/index.php?/topic/96590-have-a-rant-thread/?p=3573848

Petrol stations again.

Not the fact that so many have supermarkets, as I've covered that at length before, but rather the system they have to let drivers know which pumps aren't working. At the moment, the only way you really know this is when you see the plastic cover on the nozzle itself, but you'd have to position you car in such a way while you're waiting that you can see it. The problem is exacerbated by the parallel pump design that petrol stations use because you often get in line before you notice there's a problem.

Earlier, I needed to fill up and there was a bit of a queue at the petrol station. Once you were in, you had to wait as there was no way to back up or just leave. There were 2 cars already filling up in the line that I was in, and there was another car waiting ahead of me. He seemed to be waiting for the car at the front pump to move so I assumed he could tell that person was ready to leave. Sure enough, he moved into place when he could. The guy at the pump behind was taking his time, so much so that the person at the front pump managed to fill up and go pay for it. He then left, so I manoeuvred my car to go to the front pump. That's when I saw that only the diesel pump was working (I couldn't see that the previous person had filled up with diesel because I couldn't see the nozzle from where I was remember).

They need to put a lightbox somewhere above each pump to let drivers further back know which pumps are working BEFORE they get in line. Think about it, in supermarkets when you want to use a checkout, they have a light above the ones that are open. Simple but effective, and something similar can be worked out for notifying drivers which pumps are available or out of order. If it's unlit then it's out of order.

As this is a rant thread, I'll just leave it with 'cunting bastard motherfucking petrol stations'.

• Upvote 1

Guest davelfc

People who turn right at a t-junction, but don't let a car that was at the t-junction out. It drives me fucking crazy, they have generally stopped and the little bit of courtesy costs them nothing.

Even though you'd fail your test for it. There's nothing wrong with courtesy but it has no place when deciding the right of way of the motorist, that way lies madness. 

I ranted a while ago about some idiot that stopped on a main road at every side road and waved cars out. Surely one of the most courteous drivers out there and a massive twat too.