You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

I was thinking of doing a skydive for charity. I'm scared of heights and I can assure you jumping out of a plane at whatever thousand feet is not on my 'want to do list'. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there'll be adrenaline from it. But if someone offered me a free ticket to do it now I'd tell them to get fucked.

I actually have an email say in my inbox from a charity setting out the details if a skydive.

I asked about it for exactky the reasons that pissed of the original complainant though. I really want to do a ducking sky dive but I'll be Ballard if I'm paying £200-300 quid for it, if I could just raise half and pay the other half myself I'd be ok with that.

The problem I have is that I hate sponsoring people for almost everything with few exceptions and people are well aware of that, so if I asked to be sponsored I have a feeling I'll raise about a fiver from my own family and everyone else will tell me to fuck myself.

I actually have an email say in my inbox from a charity setting out the details if a skydive.

I asked about it for exactky the reasons that pissed of the original complainant though. I really want to do a ducking sky dive but I'll be Ballard if I'm paying £200-300 quid for it, if I could just raise half and pay the other half myself I'd be ok with that.

The problem I have is that I hate sponsoring people for almost everything with few exceptions and people are well aware of that, so if I asked to be sponsored I have a feeling I'll raise about a fiver from my own family and everyone else will tell me to fuck myself.

Word to the wise. Don't let your ex pack your chute.

Schoolboy error that.

• Upvote 1

I mentioned earlier the death of conversation and I have trouble putting into words exactly what it is that winds me up

I spoke to Ben off the forum a few months back about the death of conversation and the the shortcuts to thinking that people have developed.  Almost like word association or the limited knowledge you pick up of a foreign language, just a few words to get you by.  Think of a subject like strikes, the NHS, BBC, etc and think of all the lazy assumptions people make about it and you get what I am saying. A lot of the thinking on the subjects mentioned are definitely influenced by the media.

But it goes a bit deeper than that, I get fed up of hearing holiday reports from people that basically read 'nice weather apart one day, nice people, food was good, would recommend it'.  People are going all over the world and they cannot tell you anything more than that.  It is the dumbing down of people

Lads in the friend zone - just accept your place and move on, following them around and trying to impress them will not fool anyone.

Also people who think that anyone who doesn't do their type of work is a gobshite and doesn't know what a hard days graft entails, namely builders and outdoor types 

Don't get me wrong. I buy discounted food from those sections regularly enough, and you'll be hard pressed to find a man more pleased to find a bargain, but it doesn't mean you have to lose control of your faculties.

I was near that section today. There was a scrimmage going on as always and my daughter was starting to get a bit stroppy so I'd decided in advance to skip it this time completely. So I stand to give way to a late middle aged woman, a bit on the big side, and she even nods a thank you as she starts to pass.

The she realises it's the discount bin so does a sharp turn to her left, trolley at right angles in front of my own, while she walks rapidly away from the trolley and starts fighting over a discounted bit of scotch egg.

I had to say, erm excuse me, three times before she realised what shed done and came back to move her trolley.

Haha, fair enough

Quite agree; these people should be soundly beaten for their impertinence 

I used to work evenings arranging the reduced section of a supermarket when I was at college, same time every night the same middle-aged oddballs would be in there following your every move in the hope of buying 50 packs of Battenburg slices for a penny each, all of which were going out of date the following day.  The start of a Grand Prix had nothing on the way they used to jockey for position and barge each other with their trolleys while hanging out of my arse like a dirty piece of Andrex.  Knew exactly what times the markdowns happened and would be at me straight away; "You're supposed to drop the price to a penny now as there are only 10 minutes of store time left".  Obviously I would then refuse, out of pure spite.

Got nothing against people who do it for their budget, makes perfect sense and I'm always happy to snap up a decent bit of meat or the like for a fraction of it's usual cost, but being plagued constantly by these vultures, who would usually need a trolley boy to help them fill their car up with all their swag once they'd got their sweaty hands on it, constantly asking you when you would be marking stuff down further and trying to draw you into a debate as to whether a packet of bread with 1 day left on it's shelf life should really be as expensive as 5p still, did leave me with some lasting prejudices which I try manfully to overcome.

I don't want to say anything sweeping or submit to bigotry, but essentially, they are all paedophiles to a man.

People who put their washing on the line when it's obviously going to rain and then, when it does rain, just leave it there. Also people who leave their washing on the line for days. So my neighbours basically.

Mine too; subhuman they are.

• Upvote 1

The apparent popularity of cricket as a mainstream UK sport.

Whenever you watch the news there is ALWAYS a cricket bit keeping us updated on some shitty test match against one of the 4 teams England seem to play every other fucking week, along with the standard controversy about whether player 'x' is finished or not.

I just don't get it.

I don't buy that people want to know about the cricket as much as the people in charge of the media seem to think we do.

Feels as though it's pushed on us by posh twats from Surrey in high positions. Is it as popular as Boxing? No way.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

People who put their washing on the line when it's obviously going to rain and then, when it does rain, just leave it there. Also people who leave their washing on the line for days. So my neighbours basically.

If its out there it cant be calling me to iron it. 

Stuff dried on the line is a million times better than stuff dried inside or in the tumble dryer...the only exceptions being jeans and towels which get done in the dryer

The bloke who lives upstairs from me hangs his pants out on the line & it's right outside our living room window, just what you want to see when you're eating your tea, some blokes pants.

I would catapult the prick into the sun if it was up to me.

The bloke who lives upstairs from me hangs his pants out on the line & it's right outside our living room window, just what you want to see when you're eating your tea, some blokes pants.

I would catapult the prick into the sun if it was up to me.

Haha. The new bloke next door (not the decking people) has those massive white pants. You can only imagine what it does for them both

If its out there it cant be calling me to iron it. 

Stuff dried on the line is a million times better than stuff dried inside or in the tumble dryer...the only exceptions being jeans and towels which get done in the dryer

Dried on the line after it's got soaked with rain water? Fuck that, you must smell like a dog that's run though damp, long grass.

Dried on the line after it's got soaked with rain water? Fuck that, you must smell like a dog that's run though damp, long grass.

I have been known to rinse it and hang it out again. Anything is preferable to drying stuff inside

Tightness, my boss has just gone out to a busy bank at lunchtime to cash a dividend cheque for 44p. I know it doesn't affect me at all but what a tight bastard she is.

I said I'd just chuck it in the bin if it was mine & she looked at me like I was a Cylon.

battlestar-galactica-10.jpg?w=1000&h=750

• Upvote 1