You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

The way the announcer on Northern service trains says “Manchester Oxford Road” she says it really stressy and it annoys the shit out of me. 

you must get the same train as me - cant say I have noticed but no doubt will next week when I am in again. On a similar note, on the way home, they seem to have really maxed the volume for Whiston and Wavertree Technology Park when reading the stations out - knocked me out of my kip on the way home yesterday!

2 minutes ago, GR10 LFC said:

you must get the same train as me - cant say I have noticed but no doubt will next week when I am in again. On a similar note, on the way home, they seem to have really maxed the volume for Whiston and Wavertree Technology Park when reading the stations out - knocked me out of my kip on the way home yesterday!

Haven't noticed that I'll keep my ear out! It's only on the Northern Services, listen out for the Oxford Road shout. 

On 31/01/2023 at 19:08, littletedwest said:

When you ask someone how they are and they actually tell you 

I fucking do this. Not always, but every now and again, if someone asks me when I’m in a period of overly-dwelling on some stuff, I just blurt it out. It’s not often, but I hear myself doing it immediately when I do, then get into an awkward point where I’m trying to opt out of the detail I am dishing out while maintaining at least some level of normality, which makes it even weirder for them. 

1DA7092C-EA84-45AA-A5E0-6D417A1B08BB.gif

5 hours ago, No2 said:

People (family members) that change the dial on the toaster.

There's a very precise sweet spot on ours, a fraction either way and it's either anaemic or burnt.

She blames me, but it's her. She puts it in a cupboard when it's cooled and obviously knocks the dial.

Why does she do this? She hates clutter.

One for the World of a Woman thread.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, No2 said:

People (family members) that change the dial on the toaster.

39 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

There's a very precise sweet spot on ours, a fraction either way and it's either anaemic or burnt.

She blames me, but it's her. She puts it in a cupboard when it's cooled and obviously knocks the dial.

Why does she do this? She hates clutter.

One for the World of a Woman thread.

Yes to both of these.

I’ll add toasters that aren’t tall enough to cook a complete piece of bread. I’ve had to work ours out over the last 3 years to set it at about 60% of where I’d want it, so I can turn it over AND round, to make sure it’s even and the top and bottom are cooked. Having written this out I now realise it would probably just have been easier to buy a better toaster. Or grill it

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Curly said:

Yes to both of these.

I’ll add toasters that aren’t tall enough to cook a complete piece of bread. I’ve had to work ours out over the last 3 years to set it at about 60% of where I’d want it, so I can turn it over AND round, to make sure it’s even and the top and bottom are cooked. Having written this out I now realise it would probably just have been easier to buy a better toaster. Or grill it

I buy smaller bread to get around this but you're right, should have invested in a taller toaster.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, No2 said:

I buy smaller bread to get around this but you're right, should have invested in a taller toaster.

Those small loaves, and especially the orange warburtons, need at least half a loaf before they even start to make a dent in even the slightest hunger.

Im going to get a new toaster and kettle today. Might even dress it up as an early birthday present for the wife. She will love that

• Upvote 1

When you come to park your car somewhere and have to pay for the privilege and rather than put some coins in a slot or put your bank card in you can’t do either of those things and instead you either have to download a fucking shit app or phone some automated shite and enter your bank details that way and the whole process takes longer than you need to even park your fucking shitty car in said fucking shithole. 

Fuck off modern life you are shitter than VAR on a fucking shitty football pitch you fucking cunt. 

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Looking for the average price of new windows online. Anything between 800 quid and 40 billion pounds. Okay I'll look per window roughly mid range anything between 300 and 1 million pound per window.

Bill Fucking Gates. Cunt.

• Upvote 1

When there’s a pothole in the road and there’s a car on the opposite side of the road at the exact same spot and no matter what you do you can’t avoid smashing into said cunting pothole. 

Even slowing down, the powers of the universe conspire against you because that car on the opposite side of the road will still be at the exact spot you don’t want it to be.