You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

Not annoying as such but I find it odd when people order boring food in the pub.

Eg- pie, with peas and carrots. 

I always associate going out as enjoying yourself and eating food thats generally not that good for you but bloody delicious. With loads of extras.

Not hoping theres enough gravy to make the half cooked veg edible 

On 22/01/2023 at 18:23, Carvalho Diablo said:

The cold and winter more generally.

I'm sick and tired of feeling cold. There is something very wrong about waking up in the cold and the dark and walking to work in the dark, and then walking back home from work in the fucking cold and dark.

You get home, lock the door and draw the curtains and layer and huddle up because you're that fucking sick of being cold and tired.

It's like hibernation for 6 months of the year.

This.

AGAIN!

I'm fucking freezing today. Haven't had the heating on, simply because of the obscene and extortionate cost, sat shivering away with 2 t-shirts, a vest, and fleecy undershirt, a thick hoody, a Snug Pak jacket, fleecy snood, wooly hat, hoody hood, long overcoat and wooly fucking gloves on, in my fucking living room.

Fucking Tory cunts.

One more thing; medication / tablet boxes. They're now almost impossible to open without tearing the bastards completely to smithereens.

Why? They never used to be this fucking awkward and user unfriendly.

Why do people meddle? Arrogant shit heads who think they know best, always intent on reinventing the wheel, only to fuck our shit right the fuck up.

Shithouse cunts.

16 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

One more thing; medication / tablet boxes. They're now almost impossible to open without tearing the bastards completely to smithereens.

Why? They never used to be this fucking awkward and user unfriendly.

Why do people meddle? Arrogant shit heads who think they know best, always intent on reinventing the wheel, only to fuck our shit right the fuck up.

Shithouse cunts.

Our local pharmacy sellotapes the boxes too. Evil bastards.

2 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

This.

AGAIN!

I'm fucking freezing today. Haven't had the heating on, simply because of the obscene and extortionate cost, sat shivering away with 2 t-shirts, a vest, and fleecy undershirt, a thick hoody, a Snug Pak jacket, fleecy snood, wooly hat, hoody hood, long overcoat and wooly fucking gloves on, in my fucking living room.

Fucking Tory cunts.

Have you considered getting a roof?

On 02/03/2023 at 15:05, Captain Turdseye said:

My arse is fine today. Thanks for asking. 

On 02/03/2023 at 15:08, Bjornebye said:

Any top tips? 

On 02/03/2023 at 15:09, Captain Turdseye said:

I had a banana yesterday. I reckon it was that. 

On 02/03/2023 at 15:12, sir roger said:

You do realise you're meant to eat it ?

I think he realised after the fact.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, A Red said:

If I ever use the words woke or gammon, other than now, fucking shoot me. If you haven't a gun, punch me repeatedly in the head until I get some sense.

Agreed, pathetic bandwagon words for people who can't or won't engage their own brain.

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

"Woke" is. Gammon is a perfect term for exactly what they are. Says it all. No frills. 

It's certainly not a word I would ever use.

I find the increasing need to pigeonhole & polarise people extremely tedious.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mook said:

It's certainly not a word I would ever use.

I find the increasing need to pigeonhole & polarise people extremely tedious.

Nobody asked you to use it. "woke" opens up a million if, what's and maybes. Gammon means right wing racist bellend. Oh and gammon of course which is fucking lovely. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Nobody asked you to use it. "woke" opens up a million if, what's and maybes. Gammon means right wing racist bellend. Oh and gammon of course which is fucking lovely. 

Someone can be right wing about one thing and left wing about another though. I certainly am.

These 'catch all' terms are lazy & only move any debate backwards.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Mook said:

Someone can be right wing about one thing and left wing about another though. I certainly am.

Woke and Gammon are worlds apart in meaning. 

5 hours ago, Mook said:

Exactly what they are designed to do by the people who brought them into circulation.

Gammon is quite funny though as it conjures up images of those people that get mad at almost everything while having little understanding of the topic at hand. Like comic strip characters,if you like.

I do agree with your overall sentiment though,but it's how things are 'dumbed down.'

When companies stop making really good products and go on to make shit alternatives.

Our Shark hoover* packed up last week- it was 5 years old- brilliant bit of kit though. My first thought is simply buy it again- or at least as near to it as poss.

Nope- clearly they've evolved in shape and size and the one we now have is no where near as good, it certainly wont last as long.  I dont get it when a company has such a good product that they then stop producing

*(I know its technically a vacuum, not a hoover!) 

6 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

How do people leisurely walk around on shingle and stone and pebble bare feet around a beach, never understood it, I find it virtually impossible, in fact going in the sea is way too much hassle, I'd just fuck beaches off all together if I could.

Don't get me started on Sand.

Never enjoyed the beach- just a faff. 

Correction- I quite like it in the winter, mainly because Im not exposed to all its cunning obstacles to having a relaxing time   

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

How do people leisurely walk around on shingle and stone and pebble bare feet around a beach, never understood it, I find it virtually impossible, in fact going in the sea is way too much hassle, I'd just fuck beaches off all together if I could.

Don't get me started on Sand.

I've never liked the seaside either.

In addition to your points above, it's also usually windy as fuck & about 5 degrees colder than inland.

Only thing the beach is good for is perving.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Never enjoyed the beach- just a faff. 

Correction- I quite like it in the winter, mainly because Im not exposed to all its cunning obstacles to having a relaxing time   

Takes 40 minutes to get everything right before you can sit down, soon as you move everything is fucked.