You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

8 hours ago, Remmie said:

Been watching some Brian Ortega clips - he looks brilliant, fantastic Ju Jitsu.

Who is his biggest competition in that weight category?

He could be the next big talent in the sport. Well rounded and has the slickest ground game going. Also pretty long and rangy so there’s plenty of scope for him to go up the weight divisions. If Holloway can get back to his best, that’s a crazy fight 

7 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, I like watching Ortega. His jujitsu is ridiculous, and he is clearly tough, but I feel an elite striker would fuck him up. 

Aye, that’s what makes the Holloway match up so fascinating; to see if he can hang with a top, top level guy on the feet. At the moment his best win is against Edgar, a high level guy but not an elite striker. There’s a world of difference between him and the likes of Holloway or McGregor or even Aldo

Exciting talent though, can’t wait to see his next fight 

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Ive got close mates who are beak heads. They talk and act like this. Ask them the time and they give you this. wow. 

So, how’s he getting it past the drug testers? Not just the ones used by the sport but the ones his opponents like Mayweather forced him to take? 

9 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Was Conor shitfaced here?

He's always shitfaced. 

The first presser he turned up looking reasonably fresh, cracked open a bottle of his whiskey and 5 minutes later he started talking slower and had a slightly lost look on his face. 

Even with the mayweather ones, first presser sober, second one tipsy, third completely rat arsed and fourth hungover. 

Add to that his antics at Aintree last year, and rumours of him going to clubs around Dublin dragging tables into the disabled bogs and racking up fat stripes for anyone who walked past. 

It'll catch up with him eventually, it's the wrong profession to be doing shit like that. He's a good fighter now but he's never going to last long, he's either gonna retire young, or burn out and end up getting battered about until there's no legacy left. 

Hope he batters kebab though, his forehead is too hairy for my liking. 

Really intriguing fight this. Head says Khabib but I don't think you can ever write McGregor off (Well apart from the boxing sideshow), he's great at mind games and may have got into Khabibs head, added to the fact he's a fantastic striker that is capable of landing a bomb at any point. I still fancy Khabib to win on points but you never know.

• Upvote 1

I’m interested to see how Khabib copes with the pressure. We know Conor has ice in his veins, and Khabib looks a bit out of sorts when he’s near him and has to face off and all that shite. His biggest fight was against Al Iaquinta, so this is an entirely different stratosphere compared to what he’s used to. I think both men are unique, and obviously ridiculously talented fighters. Can’t wait to see how it goes 

Just now, moof said:

I’m interested to see how Khabib copes with the pressure. We know Conor has ice in his veins, and Khabib looks a bit out of sorts when he’s near him and has to face off and all that shite. His biggest fight was against Al Iaquinta, so this is an entirely different stratosphere compared to what he’s used to. I think both men are unique, and obviously ridiculously talented fighters. Can’t wait to see how it goes 

He has got to Khabib, as he gets to most people. It's how he deals with it once the fight starts, he'll never have had anywhere near the amount of pressure he's under now.

The ‘blue lips’ stuff is quite revealing. Firstly, how Conor observes and analyses his opponent in the moment, which I think surpasses anyone else in the the game. And Khabib holding his breath when they came face to face, which is really out of the norm for him. I think McGregor senses fear, whether or not that manifests on the night. I see it, too, in his body language and demeanour. 

2 hours ago, moof said:

The ‘blue lips’ stuff is quite revealing. Firstly, how Conor observes and analyses his opponent in the moment, which I think surpasses anyone else in the the game. And Khabib holding his breath when they came face to face, which is really out of the norm for him. I think McGregor senses fear, whether or not that manifests on the night. I see it, too, in his body language and demeanour. 

Yeah, something like that is more than just acting the hard man, you can't fake something like that under pressure and face to face with an opponent. 

Khabib biting his lip a little bit immediately afterwards too, so it definitely got to him.