You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

If they offer the money we will sell to them and there has been absolutely nothing from the club to say different.

Rodgers said before the last match, all bids received were nowhere near his value and even if the club did receive a bid that matched his value we didn't have to sell.

Think you are jumping to conclusions.

Buying a few good players for starting 11 might do that, not squad players as Rodgers has called his signings so far.

Basically, show some ambition to back your words about wanting to be a top team again.

We tried that already, we lost upwards of 50 million as soon as those players landed that summer. We have been trying to get rid ever since at huge losses

Can you blame FSG for not going nutts in the transfer market again?

They all get their way in the end, Paul.

Any examples where they haven't? Something to base your opinions on? Something for us to hold onto!

gerrard to chavski * 2.

but i accept that this is a poor model, as i said on the day that he signed that suarez would be gone within 21/2 years.

expected it to be to poisonous madrid though.

if it happens we must get top price for him - and then use the money effectively, not let it be stolen by stock market pirates.

would prefer him to stay.

would be very disappointed if he left for an ingerlish club.

Can you stop pretending you know more than everyone one else Tapas. You might be interpreting press reports and Rodgers comments differently to other people. Doesn't mean you're right.

And don't you ever sleep? I don't think you've gone an hour without making a post on Suarez in the last 3 days.

Guest San Don
This is the problem though. Once he agrees his wages with Arsenal, the club don't hold all of the cards as Arsenal will tell him to put a transfer request in, not to worry about losing his bonuses as they will add it onto his wages. At that point, they will try to force the price down.

And if we have a watered down clause, then why didn't we water it down further and specify that it was only for clubs abroad??

LOL! So you think arse will offer a lower bid once they get to talk to him?

I think you'll find the opposite will happen. If they agree wages with suarez (which let's face it, reports suggest they already have hence the bid), the club still holds the cards and say, if you want him, 50m, 55m or do one.

Under EU law, I dont think any contract of employment can stipulate he cant move \ work in one country ie UK but can go to Europe. That as I understand is a restriction on the free movement of trade \ employment.

Rodgers said before the last match, all bids received were nowhere near his value and even if the club did receive a bid that matched his value we didn't have to sell.

Think you are jumping to conclusions.

No we don't have to sell at all but the club or Brendan has backed so far back from the intitail hes going nowere and also what the club has alleged to of leaked out and also as there the only club in for him. Nothing there to say we wont and also we would have said theres no way we will sell to another English club and we haven't.

The club want a auction for him but that isn't looking likely up to now. I think myself a £45 million offer would see us accept it.

The club I think have done nothing also about how he might of been viewed by the fans either to suggest him staying.

He will be so hard to replace but he is going to do something again no matter what club he is at. The crazy part is it seems it was him who wanted to play today and I don't know why as anybody who seen it knows that was not a happy player by any means.

If we sell Suarez for 55 million to Arsenal, whilst sorting out deals for Soldado, Eriksen and Bernard behind the scenes, it might improve us. That'll be the biggest transfer fee any club will get for Suarez as he will only agitate for a move abroad in a couple of seasons anyway. That's some serious money being offered for one player and can be spread around a number of positions to strengthen us. You have to remember Suarez's disciplinary record and his mental disposition as well when you cater that into the equation, you'd have to consider letting him go.

Can you stop pretending you know more than everyone one else Tapas. You might be interpreting press reports and Rodgers comments differently to other people. Doesn't mean you're right.

Indeed!

And don't you ever sleep? I don't think you've gone an hour without making a post on Suarez in the last 3 days.

Easily to change have fun.

LOL! So you think arse will offer a lower bid once they get to talk to him?

I think you'll find the opposite will happen. If they agree wages with suarez (which let's face it, reports suggest they already have hence the bid), the club still holds the cards and say, if you want him, 50m, 55m or do one.

Under EU law, I dont think any contract of employment can stipulate he cant move \ work in one country ie UK but can go to Europe. That as I understand is a restriction on the free movement of trade \ employment.

Yet again.... You spectacularly miss the point.

There is absolutely nothing to stop them withdrawing the bid of 40 +1 and offering 35 - when he has already talked to them. So you reckon he will need permission to talk again??? Transfer requests usually bring the bid down.

As far as the Contract situation. There are ways around this. Some players have clauses to say that a certain bid must be accepted from a top 4 club etc. You cant get more restrictive than that

If we are bidding for Soldado it suggests we are preparing for life without Suarez. If he goes to Arsenal then he is a bad, bad tit. It'd be hilarious if they got knocked out in the preliminary round or something.

If we sell Suarez for 55 million to Arsenal, whilst sorting out deals for Soldado, Eriksen and Bernard behind the scenes, it might improve us. That'll be the biggest transfer fee any club will get for Suarez as he will only agitate for a move abroad in a couple of seasons anyway. That's some serious money being offered for one player and can be spread around a number of positions to strengthen us. You have to remember Suarez's disciplinary record and his mental disposition as well when you cater that into the equation, you'd have to consider letting him go.

Agree with all of that. Were it not for his disciplinary record we could sell him for about 70 million. We could get Soldado, Erriksson and possibly a large chunk of the cost of a centre half target paid for by selling him and we don't have to worry about the next moment of madness happening.

Yet again.... You spectacularly miss the point.

There is absolutely nothing to stop them withdrawing the bid of 40 +1 and offering 35 - when he has already talked to them. So you reckon he will need permission to talk again??? Transfer requests usually bring the bid down.

As far as the Contract situation. There are ways around this. Some players have clauses to say that a certain bid must be accepted from a top 4 club etc. You cant get more restrictive than that

I'll admit i may not be the font of all transfer knowledge, but can you highlight any cases where a club has turned down an offer, only to then accpeted a lower offer from the same club due to a transfer request being handed in?

I'm not being arsey, just interested.

I dont think signing them 3 would make us better than Suarez staying.

Spot on, been saying the same thing for ages on here.

Higuain was passing his medical(along with Pepe) at Napoli.

Soldado is hilariously over-rated, they're asking 30m euros for him. he is 28 years old and Spurs are in talks with them. Eriksen is a good player. Bernard is shit, who will be playing for Portsmouth or Wigan next summer.

There are simply no alternatives to Suarez. Sell him and we'll struggle to finish top 10.

All of our signings so far this summer have been squad players. How can you convince a top player to sign or stay with Liverpool?

He wants out,so we need to get as much as we can for him quickly,would love him to have stayed,but nobody's bigger than the club,and if you don't want to wear the red shirt then bye bye.

Totally agree, however, he owes this club big time for standing by him during his wanker phase.

He should now man up, grow some, and stand by the club that stood by him and pay back the man/manager who through his childish attitude assisted in losing a club legend his job. (yes I know there is more to it, but it didnt help)

If we sell him to arse or another prem side, then he and the club talk bollocks, if we sell him abroad, then fine, as long as we get a fair price.

Higuain was passing his medical(along with Pepe) at Napoli.

Soldado is hilariously over-rated, they're asking 30m euros for him. he is 28 years old and Spurs are in talks with them. Eriksen is a good player. Bernard is shit, who will be playing for Portsmouth or Wigan next summer.

There are simply no alternatives to Suarez. Sell him and we'll struggle to finish top 10.

All of our signings so far this summer have been squad players. How can you convince a top player to sign or stay with Liverpool?

1) I bet you've seen precious little of Bernard.

2) We'd still have finished seventh without Suarez' goals last year, so your hysterical "struggle to make top 10" is ridiculous.

3) Like the rest of us, you're not an international scout and likely have precious little idea of who's about that might be able to fill the void. Nobody saw Michu as a leading CF this time last year.

Losing Suarez will be a pisser, and we may not be able to replace like for like, but making out we'd struggle to get top 10 and there are only a few decent footballers about is hysterical wank.