You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

He could learn a lot from this whole issue as a person and a player if he stays, and maybe tells his agent to fuck off too? The only way I can see him moving is if the Rooney deal breaks down completely and we're sending our best striker off to Chelsea again for around 50mil.

He would still get in Uruguays side ,no matter what.

And that's even presuming they qualify(which they may well not)

Would he after not having played antyhing for an entire season? But more importantly, would Luis think it was worth it in the end? I think not.

And they most likely will qualify, they are currently fifth with a game in hand, and will play the fifth placed team from Asia, which will be a laugh, most likely.

Maybe yall disagree, but i dont think we should sell to Arsenal under any circumstances, especially not considering how they have went about all this. Unless of course they offer ridiculous money well over £50 million.

As for the price of Tevez to Juventus, he's turning 30 this season, City were not too fussed about keeping him either.

If Suarez genuinely believes Rodgers lied to him about being able to leave and Rodgers can't stomach Suarez calling him a bullshitter they can't work together again can they?.

I have to admit I'm one of the few who thinks there may be some truth in we said he could leave, but it is the clubs right to change their mind, if it doesn't suit them. Which is what we have rightly done in this instance (Arsenal) but for obvious reasons we could never admit it publicly.

Not sure how this gets resolved now apart from being in the horrible position of waiting for a bid to come in from overseas. Whilst the club and Suarez chuck shit around playing games. I expect next week we will be hearing about Suarez buying out his contract.

In all fairness to Tevez, he never caused anywhere near the problems Suarez has - and Mancini was far less amiable than Rodgers.

Personally I think that refusing to go on the pitch when Mancini tried to sub him on was up there with anything Suarez has done.

I've been quite shocked at how he has behaved considering the support, even after yesterday his interview with Marca is pretty much a reiteration of what he said on Tuesday! I want him out of the club, as I don't think he will offer us anything next year other than trouble - and a year of him causing trouble will seriously hinder our chances of getting a fair fee next season.

He won't miss the world cup, he doesn't play for Spain, Uruguay can't afford to leave him out.

In all fairness to Tevez, he never caused anywhere near the problems Suarez has - and Mancini was far less amiable than Rodgers. This isn't Rafa, or Ged who he fell out with Rodgers is a really good man manager by all accounts. And City could afford to write off the fee - which is what they did, he still left for a fraction of what he was worth - we simply cannot afford to do that.

If Suarez leaves then we need the money to replace him. We can't afford any other option - he has only been at the club for 2 and half seasons and look at how much trouble he has caused us! Him at the club for a season of punishment is not going to do us any good.

I asume you mean the Evra and Ivanovic incidents, which is fair enough. But Tevez did go on strike, refused to go on as a substitute and fucked off home to Argentina. I do think that is near the problems Suarez has caused, infact i think it was worse.

Personally I think that refusing to go on the pitch when Mancini tried to sub him on was up there with anything Suarez has done.

Yeah I can't disagree with that to be fair, you and Evil are righ that is worse!

But Suarez isn't far off now (refusing to play in the freindlys and apparently not bothering with training). Then add on the rest of the shit, consistently caused problems is probably a better way of saying it.

Suarez is threatening to take the club to court and has publicly called the manager a liar.

Suarez is threatening to take the club to court and has publicly called the manager a liar.

Yeah, I think they're both pretty similar when it comes down to it. It's just fortunate that we haven't seen him arguing with Rodgers at the side of the pitch like we saw several times with Tevez and Mancini. No idea how they put up with each other for so long.

Yeah, I think they're both pretty similar when it comes down to it. It's just fortunate that we haven't seen him arguing with Rodgers at the side of the pitch like we saw several times with Tevez and Mancini. No idea how they put up with each other for so long.

Even this morning I was expecting Suarez to calm things down - keep his mouth shut, or offer an apology - but no, he arranges another interview with a Spanish newspaper and basically says the same thing again!

He doesn't think anything through - he's nothing more than a malcontent, he'll never be happy - no different to Stan Collymore, Arsenal will last a year or two then he'll be agitating for a move from them.

Even this morning I was expecting Suarez to calm things down - keep his mouth shut, or offer an apology - but no, he arranges another interview with a Spanish newspaper and basically says the same thing again!

He doesn't think anything through - he's nothing more than a malcontent, he'll never be happy - no different to Stan Collymore, Arsenal will last a year or two then he'll be agitating for a move from them.

This has all the hallmarks of being well thought through. Deliberate escalation, each step designed to agitate a little more to push us over the brink while sacrificing as little goodwill / signing on fee / loyalty bonus as possible. It's not like his team haven't had experience with this kind of thing before.

I'm currently changing my mind by the hour.

At the moment I can't see any club stumping up over £45m for him - if they thought he was trouble before, he's really gone for it this week. Brilliant footballer, but who wants that lunatic on their books?

The thing that really annoys me is how I stood up for him against people from outside the club/city. I feel like a right stupid **** now.

As it stands I'd sell him to Arsenal for £45m. They're the only club to show any interest. He's a ****, they're all *****, so they'll suit each other. Hopefully they'll implode and we'll nip into the top four with our rebuilt and happy strikeforce.

I'll have changed my mind in an hour though I'm sure.

This has all the hallmarks of being well thought through. Deliberate escalation, each step designed to agitate a little more to push us over the brink while sacrificing as little goodwill / signing on fee / loyalty bonus as possible. It's not like his team haven't had experience with this kind of thing before.

I think it is certainly deliberate, and you're right it is designed to agitate - but, not sure it is well thought out. They have either misunderstood or miscalculated the response to the 'buy out clause' - and his shifting, contradictory arguments starting with persecution and need to move abroad (broadly accepted) to agitation for a move to a champions league team, seems illconceived. He is going to have to put in a transfer request, he won't get any loyalty bonus - and I suspect any goodwill has disapeared.

Steve Nichol is the only person I can see who has sympathy for him, and that is primarily because Steve Nichol is a fucking retard.

Very much so. Its a game, and one in which Arsenal have happily played their part. Unfortunately for Arsenal and Suarez, Arsenal aren't very experienced at game playing, and, judging by FSG's reaction, that overconfident attempt at transfer bullying by making a £40,000,001 bid has exploded in their faces.

I think it is certainly deliberate, and you're right it is designed to agitate - but, not sure it is well thought out. They have either misunderstood or miscalculated the response to the 'buy out clause' - and his shifting, contradictory arguments starting with persecution and need to move abroad (broadly accepted) to agitation for a move to a champions league team, seems illconceived. He is going to have to put in a transfer request, he won't get any loyalty bonus - and I suspect any goodwill has disapeared.

Steve Nichol is the only person I can see who has sympathy for him, and that is primarily because Steve Nichol is a fucking retard.

Ah, I see what you mean. Don't think they're that bothered about the details, it's just another sprinkle of salt on the wound. Football exists in an unreality bubble where impossible narratives are par for the course.

Well, at this stage, if it was my decision, I'd just sit the dude down and tell him that he will not be sold, period. Then ask how do you like them apples. And by the way, we have more lawyers than you got (well, I hope we do, but that's an easy bluff). The rest of the team needs to get the same message. If they have a contract, they will respect it. Yes, we'd lose money in the short term, but would gain it back in the long term by being seen as a serious club.

Ah, I see what you mean. Don't think they're that bothered about the details, it's just another sprinkle of salt on the wound. Football exists in an unreality bubble where impossible narratives are par for the course.

I don't know if you agree - but I suspect that the story released on Friday evening was done by Arsenal to put pressure on Suarez for the testimonial - my guess is that they thought he would be booed and hasten his entrance (allowing Suarez to play the victim and blame the club) but that backfired - which led to the pathetic interviews on Tuesday!

Arsenal have certainly played their part - they have released all of these stories to the press as well, I am convinced the story released on Friday was by them.

Top, top post RedPaul. It's not a conspiracy theory if it keeps happening. The club repeatedly makes empty promises to foreign players, then finds a way to turn the fanbase against the player before selling. First it was Masch 'refusing to play' Torres 'downing tools', now it's, 'Suarez has disrespected the fans'. All horseshit but our deluded fans continue to buy it to avoid the harsh reality that successive owners have no ambition to invest and take the next step.