You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

On 24/12/2023 at 14:23, TheHowieLama said:

Halved ducks ready to hit the sous vide bath.

image.jpeg

I’ve said before I was tempted to get myself a sous vide machine but never got round to it. 

Missus is at work today and this was just delivered, it’s my birthday Saturday, so hoping I’ll be doing a sirloin of beef on Sunday. 

IMG_6198.jpeg

• Upvote 1

On 01/01/2024 at 23:34, lifetime fan said:

Started the new year with roast pork. 

IMG_6188.jpeg

Crackling rep but you need to use some imagination on the utter disgrace of those carrot discs. 

I cut them in 1\4's lengthways, half-steam them then finish them off sautéing along with some mixed herbs. 

46 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Dublin Coddle 

She’s out so I don’t have to eat vegan and can get rid of some leftover Xmas food. Absolutely stunning. 

7CC5AFBB-6CDA-4242-BF82-8D5266666704.jpeg

0B97E39E-9165-4EC5-96E3-D4D351174BF7.jpeg

Are you saying that now she has gone out you can finally enjoy a mouthful of thick sausage and you’ve been waiting all Christmas for this moment ? Just to be clear. 

Just now, Captain Willard said:

Are you saying that mows she gone out you can finally enjoy a mouthful of thick Irish sausage and you’ve been waiting all Christmas for this moment ? Just to be clear. 

Yes. 

First time I’ve eaten any cow at home in a couple of years.

had a belting day out in Manchester looking at gilded mummified boobs amongst other things and stopped at the garage on my way back from

dropping my daughter off, and just thought fuck it, I’m having a steak.

was cracking.

IMG_6687.jpeg

• Upvote 4

54 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Pork belly slices with coleslaw. 

Made my own sauce to cook the pork in. Ketchup, mustard, soy sauce, garlic…. Phwoar 

E3E47B2D-A3F3-46AB-8B6F-2643958C5826.jpeg

That's the best thing you've ever posted on this forum, in any thread, and that's just the coleslaw.

5 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

That's the best thing you've ever posted on this forum, in any thread, and that's just the coleslaw.

Out of 18 million posts? Fuck me, it was nice but it wasn't that nice 

Holy fucking moly this was tasty. 

That's slow roast lamb shank (3 hours), creamed & mashed potatoes, cabbage carrots and peas sautéed with mixed herbs and a minted red wine gravy.. Double espresso and most of a bottle of shiraz incoming. 

Fuck off *rsenal. 0-2

Result all round. 

20240107_195609.jpg

• Upvote 10

A fairly trivial foody thing, but whilst I'm off sick from work I've tasked myself with streamlining our kitchen utensils and gadgets. Over the years, from multiple homes and house-shares, etc, we've accumulated far too many useless or cheap things and multiple tools to do the same task. 

For example, a modest purchase of a good microplane grater has replaced half a dozen poorer quality items in the drawer, some decent wooden spoons have replaced all the shitty plastic ones. 

A simple but immensely satisfying task that means I enjoy cooking more. Next, ditching the fondue kit, and other gadgets that we've been bought over the years. 

Can anyone recommend a good non-stick, non-toxic frying pan? I've been looking at the GreenPan ones but have never used them.

Oh and I made my first sourdough loaf yesterday since the little one arrived two years ago - I finally have a slither of time for this stuff. Or I need to get back to work.

IMG_20240112_101401.jpg

• Upvote 5

13 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

A fairly trivial foody thing, but whilst I'm off sick from work I've tasked myself with streamlining our kitchen utensils and gadgets. Over the years, from multiple homes and house-shares, etc, we've accumulated far too many useless or cheap things and multiple tools to do the same task. 

For example, a modest purchase of a good microplane grater has replaced half a dozen poorer quality items in the drawer, some decent wooden spoons have replaced all the shitty plastic ones. 

A simple but immensely satisfying task that means I enjoy cooking more. Next, ditching the fondue kit, and other gadgets that we've been bought over the years. 

Can anyone recommend a good non-stick, non-toxic frying pan? I've been looking at the GreenPan ones but have never used them.

Oh and I made my first sourdough loaf yesterday since the little one arrived two years ago - I finally have a slither of time for this stuff. Or I need to get back to work.

IMG_20240112_101401.jpg

Looks like part of the Game of Thrones map 

• Upvote 1