You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

How much are you placing down for this bet that nobody has been calling people fundamentalists? Or apologists?

Put up your money or accept you're wrong.

If you want to make an actual point about why the bookmakers not expecting us to be in the top four is not a relevant point when talking to someone about expectations then make it.

Ah right.

What were the bookies saying about our odds on beating villa to reach the fa cup final?

What odds would they give rodgers that sturridge would stay fit for an entire season or that mario could replace suarezs goals and assists?

Maybe put your expectation up for inspection by others when it goes the other way too and it will help you appear less clownesque when making desperate explainings away in future posts?

Im always here if you have any further questions. Do not be fraid

Even just praising Flanno is apparently unacceptable now.

What a total cunt. Building up a lad whose knee has just gone on him. 

Oh do fuck off.

I want him to be given a fucking contract, but that isn't certain at the moment.

He's the fucking manager if he wants him to stay and rates him that highly put the fucking contract in front of him, not give him meaningless platitudes.

Oh do fuck off.

I want him to be given a fucking contract, but that isn't certain at the moment.

He's the fucking manager if he wants him to stay and rates him that highly put the fucking contract in front of him, not give him meaningless platitudes.

Maybe he doesn't rate him that highly but still wants to build the lad up? Maybe either way everything he says shouldn't be used as another stick to beat him with?

Pretty standard managerial stuff really.

Oh do fuck off.

Were you not the one criticising the club earlier for giving Sturridge a new deal without knowing the extent of injury first?

If it wasn't you, apologies.

Either way, Rodgers can't win. He'll get it in the neck from one angle or another from a restless native.

Maybe he doesn't rate him that highly but still wants to build the lad up? Maybe either way everything he says shouldn't be used as another stick to beat him with?

Rodgers does give agents more leverage in negotiations for players. "Best young player in Europe" about Sterling has bit us on the arse ever since because his agent expects him to be paid accordingly to Rodgers' hyperbole.

True.

But I'd really like to see the lad looked after and he's out of contract this summer.

The question is - if we start the season badly next year, FSG will be forced to sack him. So do they cut their losses now or have faith in Rodgers for the new season?

If I were them I would contact Benitez and Klopp to see what they had to say. If they are forced into sacking Rodgers then they have less control over who gets appointed next. Nobody will blame them for swapping managers now, but they will get the blame if they swap managers during the season.

Bollocks get it right.

I wouldnt blame fsg had they appointed a manager with a proven track record befitting one of the biggest clubs in the world and failed. No they appointed a man who hath never won a conker to manage the club. And they had three non winning managers on a shortlist.

We had a shortlist lambert rodgers and martinez and got our 2nd choice.

Maybe in john henrys world you fail to prepare prepare to win. Back on earth even the blame apportioned to rodgers is a quarter of their mess ah well it seems our fans have an out of sight out of mind attitude, gentlemen these are your enemies the enemies of football. Rodgers is a paragraph lfc a page in their portfolio. A convenient lamb to sacrifice if things get tricky. A startled lamb out of its depth that must go as should never have been put in charge yet these clowns will only appoint another rabbit at the controls as long as theyre here.

H and g would not have gotten away with sacking kenny and/or appointing rodgers and messing about our top men like ste g with contract talks etc they really are a problem that will haunt our progress for a long time but our fans have little appetite for another campaign to remove them at least until we drop to the bottom.

Were you not the one criticising the club earlier for giving Sturridge a new deal without knowing the extent of injury first?

Either way, Rodgers can't win. He'll get it in the neck from one angle or another from a restless native.

If he cant win sack him i think thats been the main issue in his career.

His wedge says he can win. Unless his detractors make more money than him.

Its lfc we want to win. Remember them?

Rodgers does give agents more leverage in negotiations for players. "Best young player in Europe" about Sterling has bit us on the arse ever since because his agent expects him to be paid accordingly to Rodgers' hyperbole.

Do you honestly think that makes much difference?

I think the building them up to be confident side of the scales outweighs the fact that an agent that going to be saying the same thing anyway in negotiations throwing it back in your face.

Equally the club can point out to the agent the private conversations with the lads behind closed doors about all the improvements they need to make to be anywhere near the players Rodgers is talking them up to be (for their own benefit).

If Aidy Ward is genuinely going to try and hold what Rodgers says as gospel then maybe we just send the manager out to point out the lad can't strike a ball properly yet and see what that does for his client.

Yes it was me.

But Sturridge this season is no different to Sturridge most seasons if they'd done their job properly they'd have seen his injury record, last season was the aberration in his career really.

It's different with Flanagan he has had one horrendous injury and his treatment so far has led to him having another op.

It's not like he's broke down consistently.

And it's not like they're going to pay him £140k a week and make him the clubs highest earner either.

True.

But I'd really like to see the lad looked after and he's out of contract this summer.

I think a club that is all about winning trophies doesn't give him another deal.

I'd like to see him get some sort of deal, if not a conventional one.

Bollocks get it right etc

Some fair points in there in full.

Not only is there not much of an appetite for a new manager ( mainly due to a lack of confidence that they will appoint a better successor), few have an appetite for taking on FSG too.

And so the drift continues...

The departure of Gerrard in the summer will see the last of those actively involved in the club associated with greatness leave.

I think a club that is all about winning trophies doesn't give him another deal.

I'd like to see him get some sort of deal, if not a conventional one.

Well we are a pretty safe bet to give him a new deal then since we arent all about winning trophies and turned our back on such notions when we appointed rodgers/hodgers.

Bollocks get it right.

I wouldnt blame fsg had they appointed a manager with a proven track record befitting one of the biggest clubs in the world and failed. No they appointed a man who hath never won a conker to manage the club. And they had three non winning managers on a shortlist.

We had a shortlist lambert rodgers and martinez and got our 2nd choice.

Maybe in john henrys world you fail to prepare prepare to win. Back on earth even the blame apportioned to rodgers is a quarter of their mess ah well it seems our fans have an out of sight out of mind attitude, gentlemen these are your enemies the enemies of football. Rodgers is a paragraph lfc a page in their portfolio. A convenient lamb to sacrifice if things get tricky. A startled lamb out of its depth that must go as should never have been put in charge yet these clowns will only appoint another rabbit at the controls as long as theyre here.

H and g would not have gotten away with sacking kenny and/or appointing rodgers and messing about our top men like ste g with contract talks etc they really are a problem that will haunt our progress for a long time but our fans have little appetite for another campaign to remove them at least until we drop to the bottom.

Well you are talking about the past. I am talking about the current situation.

Do we stick or twist?

I do think if Rodgers stays here next season a growing number will start looking at FSG unless there is real success.

Most people acknowledge Rodgers is a rookie and if no shiny shit/real success appears there will be a lot of frustration, so far the situation is calm.

I guess it is calm as the owners got all the bloggers and forums onside and sold them their "project", they are very clever at getting good PR.

People love the idea that we only exist to win trophies.

Less so when you point out that would mean putting ticket prices up to to price supply and demand would allow, fucking off wasting money on community schemes, etc.

Yeah i support lfc so theyll run community schemes.

An efficient use of all that money thrown into lfc on merch and tickets etc by poor people i might add.

People love the idea that we only exist to win trophies.

Less so when you point out that would mean putting ticket prices up to to price supply and demand would allow, fucking off wasting money on community schemes, etc.

Right now Liverpool fans pay the highest season ticket prices outside London and 3rd highest in England.

Not sure what that lazy comment offers other than trying to tell fans to shut up and be good little boys and girls and be grateful.

If they wanted to buy a par team maybe they should have bought Aston Villa.

They bought Liverpool and certain conditions come with that deal. 

• Upvote 2