You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Jack Butland's agent: "I had a meeting with Liverpool, and Ian Ayre said the only player Gerrard has ever called them to sign was Jack."

Was that before or after he punched the ball into his own net at the Olympics in one of the worst attempts at a save I've ever seen?

He can spot talent.

Definitely a candidate for manager when he retires. Get rid of all this continental "scouting committee" setup and go back to a former top midfielder with a great eye for talent. Worked a treat last time we tried it.

Edit: Just noticed that MajesticSuarez has finally managed to get himself banned, which has to be the best news to come out of this transfer thread over the past day or so.

Spurs are not selling Dembele, move on lads.

Agreed, but he's a very good player nonetheless. With Paulinho in, Spurs do have a good midfield there..

P.S. And unfortunately there will be no more transfer "news" from Majestic, but he promised he will return one day, stronger than ever.

Agreed, but he's a very good player nonetheless. With Paulinho in, Spurs do have a good midfield there..

P.S. And unfortunately there will be no more transfer "news" from Majestic, but he promised he will return one day, stronger than ever.

TLW version of the herpes,shit that stays for life

I dont get the Atsu thing, it looks like we've gone and looked at him, negotiated the transfer for £3m but somewhere its been blocked, I reckon the committee had agreed on him and the owners blocked it, presumably because he will be free next summer, not sure if thats being prudent or just plain stupid, we need a crack at the top 4 next year, putting him off might mean losing him to another club as well. He was clearly wanted, then it went quiet we were going in for Miky and dropped then Rogers comes out going on about Sterling and Ibe as if that PR bullshit foolin anyone, they've been there the whole time, you knew Atsu's contract situation before you got into it, so what changed? Clearly been rebuffed and I could have seen him doing very well for us a very handy player who is a real thorn in the paw of any Lion. Raar a lion bar!!!

So as it is, we are penny pinchin, whether it will bear fruit remains to be seen its gonna take longer for us to get back in the top 4 their way and meanwhile we lose prestige, lose money and lose potential world class players ala Arsenal and then it risks undermining the whole process again when we have to re rebuild.Not to mention losing out on the likes of Miky and Atsu which hasnt happend in either case yet to be fair.

Time will tell, thus far we have no evidence to suggest we can challenge for the top 4 under Rogers but this season should tell us more, Ive a feeling our soft underbelly under Rogers will continue to hound us until we get a top consistently successful manager with exprenece in.

It seems our whole set up lacks experience from the top of the club to the bottom.

He would do well over here, strong, powerful, we need more big players, I think he would weigh in with 15 goals from a wide position. I think he would tip the balance in our favour especially if we got Miky as well.

Still think we could do with a classic Hamaan style player to compete with Lucas, we need a Souness and the likes of Allen, Hendo dont have that steel required in their DNA.

I dont get the Atsu thing, it looks like we've gone and looked at him, negotiated the transfer for £3m but somewhere its been blocked, I reckon the committee had agreed on him and the owners blocked it, presumably because he will be free next summer, not sure if thats being prudent or just plain stupid, we need a crack at the top 4 next year, putting him off might mean losing him to another club as well. He was clearly wanted, then it went quiet we were going in for Miky and dropped then Rogers comes out going on about Sterling and Ibe as if that PR bullshit foolin anyone, they've been there the whole time, you knew Atsu's contract situation before you got into it, so what changed? Clearly been rebuffed and I could have seen him doing very well for us a very handy player who is a real thorn in the paw of any Lion. Raar a lion bar!!!

So as it is, we are penny pinchin, whether it will bear fruit remains to be seen its gonna take longer for us to get back in the top 4 their way and meanwhile we lose prestige, lose money and lose potential world class players ala Arsenal and then it risks undermining the whole process again when we have to re rebuild.Not to mention losing out on the likes of Miky and Atsu which hasnt happend in either case yet to be fair.

Time will tell, thus far we have no evidence to suggest we can challenge for the top 4 under Rogers but this season should tell us more, Ive a feeling our soft underbelly under Rogers will continue to hound us until we get a top consistently successful manager with exprenece in.

It seems our whole set up lacks experience from the top of the club to the bottom.

I think its more an issue with FSG shitting their pants when they have to spend their own money. Since we have broken even the purchases have PRried up and the r machine is full swing, funny that. How long are they going to live in fear of doing a Carroll/Downing again. Either shit or get off the pot.

Guest San Don

Arse bid 30m for Suarez.

Arsenal rebuffed after audacious £30m offer for Liverpool striker Luis Suárez - Telegraph

In one of the most audacious moves of the summer so far, Arsenal representatives made a direct approach to the Merseyside club for Suárez last week and were immediately rebuffed.

Liverpool insist that the South American is not for sale, and the Arsenal valuation – believed to be less than the £35 million fee Merseyside club paid for Andy Carroll two years ago – has taken many by surprise.

Liverpool have been braced for such approaches since the end of last season, although it was expected that Real Madrid would lead the chase particularly given the player’s claims of unhappiness in English football.

Arsenal felt suitably encouraged to contact Anfield officials to register their desire to buy the 26-year-old Uruguayan. It has now emerged that it went beyond an inquiry, and although neither club is prepared to comment on the discussions or clarify the precise amount offered it is clear it was unacceptable to Liverpool.

Liverpool have never wavered from their position that they would not welcome any bid for Suárez, despite his recent proclamations desiring a move abroad.

There is certainly a sense of opportunism and extreme optimism about the Arsenal move given the primary reason Suárez has offered for leaving Anfield is to escape the English media.

Although there is inevitable upset on Merseyside that he began to talk openly about feeling disillusioned in the Premier League as soon as he joined his international squad, his sentiments were not surprising.

Liverpool knew how upset the player was and how mistreated he felt at the hands of the Football Association when he was banned for 10 games for biting Chelsea’s Branislav Ivanovic.

Although Liverpool are still determined to resist his sale and will do everything to try to get him to have one a final year to assist in their top-four efforts, when the dust settled most supporters can sympathise with his wish for Champions League football if he moves to the Bernabéu.

A move to another English club would be unpalatable, however, and contradict every statement the player has made to justify a possible departure.

It should be stated that Liverpool have been given no indication by Suárez or his representatives that he is interested in joining Arsenal or any other English club.

Even before his most recent controversy the Merseysiders recognised Real Madrid and Barcelona as the only clubs with the potential to prompt Suárez to ask for a transfer. That is something he will have to do if he is to leave, although Liverpool could still reject a formal transfer request.

It remains to be seen if Arsenal plan to improve their offer. If they increase a bid to £40 million, Suárez could seek permission to speak to Arsène Wenger. The conspiracy theory might suggest Arsenal made their move to nudge Real Madrid, who have been focusing on Suárez, into completing negotiations with the London club for Gonzalo Higuaín.

It may be no coincidence that in the days since Arsenal’s bid for Suárez, Higuaín’s move to London has edged closer. Their bid also explains why there was a flurry of bets on Suárez joining Arsenal last week, prompting some bookmakers to suspend the betting.

Chelsea are also believed to be pondering a move for Suárez. That is even more distressing to the Merseyside club than the notion of his heading to the Emirates Stadium. After taking the last Liverpool icon, Fernando Torres, from Anfield the idea of Jose Mourinho doing the same with the much more dynamic Suárez revives painful memories.

It is, however, a reflection on how other English clubs perceive Liverpool. For as long as they are struggling in seventh position, the top four believe the best Anfield players can be lured for the right price.

It demonstrates why the season ahead is so critical in restoring Liverpool’s European status. Brendan Rodgers already fears his prime transfer target, Armenian Henrikh Mkhitaryan, has slipped from his grasp because the club can not offer European football.

Suárez is on extended leave and is not due to return to Merseyside until the end of the month. Technically, he should be back at Liverpool for the second leg of their Far East tour, but the club may be relaxed as to whether he joins the squad at that stage because he will not be available at the start of the season due to his ban.

He would do well over here, strong, powerful, we need more big players, I think he would weigh in with 15 goals from a wide position. I think he would tip the balance in our favour especially if we got Miky as well.

Still think we could do with a classic Hamaan style player to compete with Lucas, we need a Souness and the likes of Allen, Hendo dont have that steel required in their DNA.

Unless the lads we have find some balls it looks like we do need another DM, if not to compete with Lucus but to at least take the pressure of him.

Suarez is far too good a player to be finishing fourth every year with Arsenal, challenging for fuck all. When he goes it should be to a team that'll be up there competing for titles every year.

If he gives us one more season, I'll be delighted with it. With any luck he leaves on a high with us back in the top four again.

Suarez is far too good a player to be finishing fourth every year with Arsenal, challenging for fuck all. When he goes it should be to a team that'll be up there competing for titles every year.

If he gives us one more season, I'll be delighted with it. With any luck he leaves on a high with us back in the top four again.

If next season we are in the top four with him, I see no reason why we should let Suarez leave.

no fucking way will Suarez join Arsenal

as for this line

Chelsea are also believed to be pondering a move for Suárez. That is even more distressing to the Merseyside club than the notion of his heading to the Emirates Stadium

whilst Chelsea may be a bunch of huge thundercunts I'd much rather him go there than Arsenal (neither will happen imo), the day the present day Arsenal start taking our best players against our will will be a dark day for us

If next season we are in the top four with him, I see no reason why we should let Suarez leave.

We're miles off competing for the title. I'm sure Suarez didn't grow up dreaming about clinching fourth spot.

I just don't think being in the champions league alone will be enough to keep a player of his quality. Just look at the players Arsenal have lost down the years.

Guest davelfc
Chelsea are also believed to be pondering a move for Suárez. That is even more distressing to the Merseyside club than the notion of his heading to the Emirates Stadium. After taking the last Liverpool icon, Fernando Torres, from Anfield the idea of Jose Mourinho doing the same with the much more dynamic Suárez revives painful memories.

Probably going to use Ivanovic as bait.