You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

There's absolutely fuck all to suggest we'd be in for Sinclair.

The conversation stemmed from this comment.

Will we be in for Scott sinclair?

So fuck off with your boring shite you complete cunt.

I don't think we will sign a first team player this summer that has worked under Rogers (I'm not counting players that may or may not have worked with him while he was a youth coach as I have no idea where, when, how many players he worked with).

I'd be happy with Coutinho, Sterling, Downing and Ince as our wide options. And Assaidi if he sticks around.

Really? That leaves us incredibly short IMO. Sterling still isn't ready, Downing and Ince are not good enough and Coutinho is better through the centre. I'm hoping for at least one really good wide player in the summer.

Really? That leaves us incredibly short IMO. Sterling still isn't ready, Downing and Ince are not good enough and Coutinho is better through the centre. I'm hoping for at least one really good wide player in the summer.

I think he majority of transfer money should be spent on the defence.

So 17% of our signings have been from Swansea directly, 33% played at swansea at one point. You're right, we're entirely dependent on that club!!!!

Is the % based on height, weight, transfer fee or cock size?

Dunno, was trying to communicate with our resident numbers man in a way he'd understand, it was either that or speaking louder and more slowly .

You'd have to use grunting noises. I've seen them do it on tele with chimps

I think you will be disappointed in that case. Downing isn't leaving, and has actually been quite good this season. Sterling will definitely be in and around the first team. I don't see us spending big money on a wide player unless we manage to get decent money for the likes of Carroll and Spearing. Otherwise I imagine we'll sell Assaidi and bring in maybe Ince and someone like Gameiro.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Gameiro is about five steps better than anything we have at the moment. He'd be a quality addition, assuming we're not able to attract the likes of Mertens at the moment.

From the Express...

Liverpool are keeping an eye on Barcelona right-back Martin Montoya ahead of the transfer window.

Montoya has been kept out of the first team by Daniel Alves, and may search for first team football elsewhere.

The Reds are thought to be inching closer to a deal for La Masia graduate Sergi Canos as well as Isaac Cuenca, who is currently on loan at Ajax, but seems to be happy at the Dutch giants.

Montoya is believed to be one of a handful of players who have been scouted this season, as Liverpool look to firm up their transfer targets.

Rodgers will have to make an offer Montoya can't refuse, as the right-back told Spanish paper Marca recently: "I have played here for 12 years now, and I have never wanted to leave. Barca are the team of my dreams.

"Training with the first team means working at a high rhythm, and always giving everything. You learn a lot in a short period of time."

Montoya has made 15 appearances for the Catalan giants this season.

Right back does seem strange though considering thats our most well stocked position.

Rodgers wanting to raid Barcas younger players who can't get in the first team does make a lot of sense though.

Maybe he wants to convert Kelly to centre back.