You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Guest Numero Veinticinco
He's 23, that's Nigerian young, should he not have had a head start given the manager knew him so well? Swansea are a better team without Sinclair and Allen this season, what does that tell you?

They have EXACTLY the same amount of points at the same point last season. Hmn. I wouldn't go mad about their improvement. It tells me they've bought new players, yet haven't improved the amount of points they've got. Maybe if they'd got new players and kept Sinclair and Allen they might have had more points. Your insinuation that those players actually made them worse and getting their bodies out of the club actually improved it is fucking pathetic.

Which doesn't prove they're a better team. We won more than Man Utd last season' date=' after all.[/quote']

Swansea like us were guilty of switching off after league cup final, before the final truth be known, they are much better than last season, it's very naive to say they aren't. Sinclair is a very average player, and a very stupid young lad to move to city last year, he'll never be good enough for a team that has aspersions of CL football

The latest thing this forum has taught me is that winning trophies is not a sign of improvement. If a team wins a trophy it is merely a random occurrence.

When we won the champions league in 2005 were we the best team in Europe?

We won't be selling Downing and I definitely don't see us signing Ben Arfa. We might go for Ince again if he's cheap enough. Eriksen and Mertens will probably have better offers, unfortunately.

I wouldn't be surprised if we moved for Gameiro because he is versatile and Rodgers appears to be a fan.

What the fuck has that got to do with the price of fish??!!!

Often the team that wins isn't the team you'd expect to win. Winning shit is the best thing you can do in football, the point of the game is to win trophies. But winning one trophy in isolation doesn't make you a great team. We won the biggest trophy in the world in 2005 yet were only the 5th best team in England over a 38 game league season.

Based on what? He's been shite in the top flight and Ince has been every bit as good (at least) in the Championship. For me Ince is a much more versatile player and actually creates as many chances as he scores, which Sinclair doesn't.

Often the team that wins isn't the team you'd expect to win. Winning shit is the best thing you can do in football, the point of the game is to win trophies. But winning one trophy in isolation doesn't make you a great team. We won the biggest trophy in the world in 2005 yet were only the 5th best team in England over a 38 game league season.

As I said before, what the fuck has this shit got to do with anything? Who said Swansea were a great team? The point me and trucker paddy were making is that it is absolutely clear that swansea are a better team than last season. They won the league cup beating us at anfield and chelsea over 2 legs. You and numero argumentative think that the amount of points they have in the league is a better indicator of their improvement, despite the fact that they were playing reserve sides leading up to the cup final.

Sinclair's not anywhere near good enough. Weren't 7 of his goals last year pens? not good enough when he's not a creative player.

Would massively prefer Ince tbh.

Yea if its between the two id take ince

Sinclair is a bit shit, been at a few clubs only had one "decent season" plus will be rusty aving not played with confidence low

Ince is younger, hungry, more versatlie as podge said. Still not great but more to is game than sinclair

Edited by jsims

Guest Numero Veinticinco
As I said before, what the fuck has this shit got to do with anything? Who said Swansea were a great team? The point me and trucker paddy were making is that it is absolutely clear that swansea are a better team than last season. They won the league cup beating us at anfield and chelsea over 2 legs. You and numero argumentative think that the amount of points they have in the league is a better indicator of their improvement, despite the fact that they were playing reserve sides leading up to the cup final.

I'm not sure pointing out that a league season is a better indicator of a team's quality is argumentative than a league cup run. It's more common sense. I think Swansea managed to get some good players through the door last summer, but that's not what I was debating. It was this ludicrous notion that Allen and Sinclair are so debilitatingly shit that they've improved just by the sheer act of getting rid of them. Like they were some how a massive hinderance to the team.

Michu has made a big difference, or he was. I'd wager they'd have done better if they had a deeper squad of players, with Allen and Sinclair in there. Still, that's just an opinion. A common sense, blatantly obvious opinion. Anyway, I don't want Sinclair. I want players who are able to contribute significantly in attacking areas on a consistent basis.