You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Press coverage and how the mancs are twats

RedinSweden

What's the fuss about really?

We've all seen Fergie's ways. Everybody can see Keane's got issues etc

Is it really any surprise that to sell a book, a few provocative sections are inserted to wind up the media frenzy?

Gerrard's class. The whole world knows it. There's nothing to debate really.

Ferguson was a fantastic dictator. There's nothing to debate there either.

Beckham grew up and stopped being bullied. There's nothing to debate there either.

He's history now.

gotta be honest, I just like to take any excuse to call him a cunt

• Upvote 3

Sam Allardyce writes a column in the Evening Standard on a Friday. It's always good for a laugh, it reads like an extended version of the real fat Sam twitter at times, but he's really gone for it today with his review of Fergie's book (which he hasn't read). My favourite part is

"So far I’ve only read the extracts in the papers but I’m hoping Sir Alex will send me a copy — especially after leaving me out of it! Apparently I did appear in a section but it was omitted from the book. Sir Alex rang me to apologise but I told him not to be silly — the book is probably all the better for not having me in it.

There is no doubt the book will be immensely popular and an absorbing read. I don’t get the time to sit down with a book that often but I will certainly be reading this one."

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/sport-comment/sam-allardyce-the-right-time-for-sir-alex-ferguson-to-write-a-book-and-its-good-that-he-has-been-so-honest-8903409.html

Sam Allardyce writes a column in the Evening Standard on a Friday. It's always good for a laugh, it reads like an extended version of the real fat Sam twitter at times, but he's really gone for it today with his review of Fergie's book (which he hasn't read). My favourite part is

"So far I’ve only read the extracts in the papers but I’m hoping Sir Alex will send me a copy — especially after leaving me out of it! Apparently I did appear in a section but it was omitted from the book. Sir Alex rang me to apologise but I told him not to be silly — the book is probably all the better for not having me in it.

There is no doubt the book will be immensely popular and an absorbing read. I don’t get the time to sit down with a book that often but I will certainly be reading this one."

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/sport-comment/sam-allardyce-the-right-time-for-sir-alex-ferguson-to-write-a-book-and-its-good-that-he-has-been-so-honest-8903409.html

That's the spoof one, its got to be, is it? Don't tell it's real.

I can't tell the difference, i think this ones real..

http://blog.paddypower.com/2013/05/11/sir-alex-hes-got-a-heart-bigger-than-katy-perrys-forehead-and-saved-my-life/

I am equally positive Sir Alex’s book will reflect the joy and the feeling of well-being when you’ve done what you consider to be a good job with your team. 

article-0-004A5F8100000258-871_468x560.j

We should have been good enough to have done what I’m always impressing on the players — if you can’t win, don’t lose.

I have drilled that mantra into their heads like the word ‘BLACKPOOL’ through a stick of rock — and they are still messing it up.

_64435882_allardyce1.png

As the drunken old cunt is still on a £2m retainer by the Dark Side you'd almost think that this is an exercise in destabilization.

Aside from the fact that the Rock of Gibraltar episode which lead to the Glazer takeover is side-skirted in a one paragraph avoidance scam and that he directly profited from the under-investment of the Glazer regime you'd think the cunt wouldn't be so brazen in his own hypocrisy and corruption.

Alas, many of the sycophantic cowards which still dominate our press will still perpetuate the myth of Satan and all his little pixies for evermore.

It's nice to see though that a few are beginning to break ranks.

I got hold of it from an unmentionable source online and I must say the chapter about us is by far the most mental chapter so far. Absolutely obsessed about his relationship, or lack there of, with Rafa. He also seems to think that Houllier was the one who bought Garcia, and according to him the only good signings Rafa made was Pepe and Torres.

He also claims Owen improved as a player while he was with them. I'm guessing his mate Pulis didn't agree though.

Btw, the eight players quote has probably been misinterpreted because it seems to me it was at the start of last season.

Oh and the biggest revelation might be that he actually doesn't drink whiskey. :lol:

Someone made a great point earlier about how Ferguson and the mancs changed how clubs acted and that's 100% spot on. Let's remember that Mr football here single handedly destroyed the mystique of the FA Cup, made the league cup a series of reserve games, and devalued international football too to an extent by constantly pulling his players. The mancs helped turn football from a communal 'game' into a corporation where chasing status and wealth was considered the only worthwhile pursuit. The mancs are the Thatcher of English football.

• Upvote 4

The same Paul Hayward who received two congratulatory letters from Slur about two articles he had written. One of them was a negative one about Rafa.

The fawning over this arl cunt is nauseating.

Good god. The parody one is less ridiculous than the real thing.

His critisisms of Gerrard and Henderson are bizarre to say the least, imagine if Brendan came out in his book and claimed that Rooney was not a top striker or said Phil Jones looked like he had a touch of downs which might affect his playing career in later years. I have said earlier, a whole chapter dedicated to LFC is the bitter man summed up.

If you are going to praise Gerrard, fine, but you don't have to bring down other players to do it. Gerrard never single handidly won the CL, that pisses on the chips of the other players who pulled off the impossible to bring the CL home. Smicer's goal, Dudek in goal, Hamman in the second half.

• Upvote 1

If you are going to praise Gerrard, fine, but you don't have to bring down other players to do it. Gerrard never single handidly won the CL, that pisses on the chips of the other players who pulled off the impossible to bring the CL home. Smicer's goal, Dudek in goal, Hamman in the second half.

Your right of course but gerrard was the most important cog that year re watch many of the games and he dragged that team through that tournament. I still can't quite believe how fucking insanely good and determined he was. He was like the T2000 chasing john occonner. I've one hundred percent no doubt whatsoever without gerrard that year it would of been impossible to get even close to winning it. Everybody made contribution to us finally getting there and winning but gerrard quite rightly stands out. I love him so NA NA NA NA NA leave him alone shurrup I'm telling me ma!