You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

Seen that earlier and the guy who posted it says he didn't want to post it because he knew he'd get shit for it, reckons he's said a few other things that were "ITK" and got shit for them also so fuck knows if it is actually true or not but it's definitely believable, Coutinho I could cope with leaving but not Klopp. He's still our biggest asset and the sole reason Van Dijk and Keita were even interested in us in the first place, FSG should be doing all they can to keep him sweet. If I had no affinity towards Liverpool Football Club there's not a chance I'd even entertain signing for us over City or Chelsea, we don't offer anything they don't apart from Klopp.

From a FSG point of view the 150ml to shell out for VVD and Keita doesn't make sense. They'd not make that back from a top 4 finish compared to a Europa run next year if we miss out. Sadly thats the way they'll think. I dont honestly ever think they intended to buy them two for the increased fees (on the 80-90ml they thought it would cost) without finding a way to balance the books by getting top dollar on Sakho,Markovic,Moreno etc.

Oh look, here we go again, some random bloke off Twitter spouting shit that may or may not be true and people deciding whether it is or isn't true based on whether they would or would not like to be true. It's all a load of fucking shite.

I'm deciding it's bullocks based off of lack of evidence and logical reasoning.

From a FSG point of view the 150ml to shell out for VVD and Keita doesn't make sense. They'd not make that back from a top 4 finish compared to a Europa run next year if we miss out. Sadly thats the way they'll think. I dont honestly ever think they intended to buy them two for the increased fees (on the 80-90ml they thought it would cost) without finding a way to balance the books by getting top dollar on Sakho,Markovic,Moreno etc.

Good point. Our utter incompetence at bringng players in has masked the fact that we seem utterly incapable of selling players too. How have we still not managed to shift markovic or sakho? Surely there must be suitors out there? Who the fuck is Michael Edwards anyway? And what the fuck is EA sports chops up to?

I agree that spending that kind of money is unnecessary on just 2 players,but not buying alternatives for those 2 positions which obviously needs strengthening is tantamount to negligence.

I agree that spending that kind of money is unnecessary on just 2 players,but not buying alternatives for those 2 positions which obviously needs strengthening is tantamount to negligence.

The point, though, is that we all know the 2 players Klopp has identified as his main targets and the owners have thus far spectacularly failed at bringing them in. If Klopp has been told that we're getting Van Dijk and Keita then why would he be looking to bring anyone else in? 

Clearly signs there that not all is well between Klopp and FSG. However, those owners could be greedy but wouldn't be so stupid as to disappoint Klopp and precipitate his departure, not at this time. They know damn well how popular Klopp is with the fans as well as how vital for their own success. They cannot afford to fuck with Klopp at this stage unless they have decided to fuck off at this stage.