You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"Luis Suarez - intentionally diabolical"

dave u

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I don't think it's that simple, I don't really see him as a Balotelli or an Ince, but there's undoubted bad blood there, not just with existing players but many fans too.

I don't see this as a winning mentality either, he's just a cunt. Sadio Mane has a winning mentality and he builds schools, Suarez bites people. Fuck would i want him around any young players either.

Besides, why do we need his reputed winning mentality anyway? We're winning already, I don’t see any Neil Ruddocks in this side.

Also, for a club that's trying to market itself as a 'family' with virtuous players, someone like Suarez would be a fucking minefield. 

I get that people rate him, but we're not also rans anymore who should act grateful to get a decent player in the bag, we're world and premier league champions. He tried to engineer a move to arse, engineered one to barca, acted a cunt in our CL match. We can do better than this fuckhead.

I did chuckle when you mentioned Balotelli, Ince, Ruddock etc. 

Suarez is the best striker of his generation and was second only to CR and Messi as the best player in the world a couple of years ago. He's still one of the most effective players in the world, has pedigree, and would literally guarantee goals and assists.

The one thing to remember is that he'd be joining a club where he is not the boss. At Barca all of his managers have been nobodies. At Liverpool he was the star of the team and our manager was Brendan.

He'd be working under a manager who wouldn't be bullied by anybody, and a team full of European/World/English champions. I think he'd give us two years, play his role and shut his mouth. He won't be angling for any moves or any of that crap, that's for sure.

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

If he didn't want pathetic wages and was happy being on the bench quite a lot then fucking right get him back. far better option off the bench than anything we have up-front. Get Torres, Fowler and Henchoz back as well. 

Fowler could still do a job if Ayre where still here. We need a piggyback rider.

4 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

I did chuckle when you mentioned Balotelli, Ince, Ruddock etc. 

Suarez is the best striker of his generation and was second only to CR and Messi as the best player in the world a couple of years ago. He's still one of the most effective players in the world, has pedigree, and would literally guarantee goals and assists.

The one thing to remember is that he'd be joining a club where he is not the boss. At Barca all of his managers have been nobodies. At Liverpool he was the star of the team and our manager was Brendan.

He'd be working under a manager who wouldn't be bullied by anybody, and a team full of European/World/English champions. I think he'd give us two years, play his role and shut his mouth. He won't be angling for any moves or any of that crap, that's for sure.

Where the fuck could he go at his age apart from China?

He’s a fucking gobshite. He joins the list of others that would/would have/could come back and improve us that I wouldn’t want here. Others include mascherano, coutinho, 

torres etc. All dead to me and I’d never accept them back. They can fuck off.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I love him  FEG, I just dont like hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy's a bit of a strong word when Robertson's worst offense is probably giving Messi a light tap on the back of the head, smiling like a psycho in opposing players' faces and fouling maybe a bit harder than other players do. It's not exactly biting other players repeatedly is it? Robertson hasn't asked to leave to a league rival either. 

16 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

We're a baffling fanbase at times, people foam at the mouth when you mention Michael Owen yet would have the likes of Suarez back in a heartbeat.

One went to play for the mancs and always seemed to love the whole Ingerlund thing - much worse than the others 'crimes'

Although they can both do one in my book anyway.

He isn't close to the player that left. 

Better than Origi off the bench but it's not going to happen. We need a wide forward anyway not a central striker. Miamino, Salah, Mane, Origi can all play through the middle no depth out wide 

39 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I don't think it's that simple, I don't really see him as a Balotelli or an Ince, but there's undoubted bad blood there, not just with existing players but many fans too.

I don't see this as a winning mentality either, he's just a cunt. Sadio Mane has a winning mentality and he builds schools, Suarez bites people. Fuck would i want him around any young players either.

Besides, why do we need his reputed winning mentality anyway? We're winning already, I don’t see any Neil Ruddocks in this side.

Also, for a club that's trying to market itself as a 'family' with virtuous players, someone like Suarez would be a fucking minefield. 

I get that people rate him, but we're not also rans anymore who should act grateful to get a decent player in the bag, we're world and premier league champions. He tried to engineer a move to arse, engineered one to barca, acted a cunt in our CL match. We can do better than this fuckhead.

Killer of dreams, destroyer of worlds.

39 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Killer of dreams, destroyer of worlds.

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

He isn't close to the player that left. 

Better than Origi off the bench but it's not going to happen. We need a wide forward anyway not a central striker. Miamino, Salah, Mane, Origi can all play through the middle no depth out wide 

I disagree - I think we definitely need someone to offer serious competition/back up through the middle.

I hope we are doing what we did with Virgil with M’Bappe and waiting for him

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I'll take the easy bit first, I'm not arsed at all what happened in the semi, all fair in love and war and all that, but it's personal choice and it's an emotional game, so I understand why some fans wouldn't like him back because of that. 

I don't think there'd be bad blood with the players..if you mean the likes of robbo, I think that just wouldn't be an issue. Again with the fans, I can see some wouldn't want him back for the reasons in the last paragraph. 

I don't particularly want him because of his winning mentality, but I don't see a downside to it. You can't have enough winners. I want him because I think this coming season will give us fixture challenges unlike anything we've had to deal with before, he's still a brilliant player and would be an enormous upgrade on Brewster/origi/minamino in terms of the drop off from the front 3. 

I want us to have the best possible chance to win this league again and go back to Istanbul and bring big ears back. Suarez for me would increase our chances of doing that. I'd prefer us to go for a more long term solution, but it seems as a club we're not willing to make those sorts of investments in this uncertainty (if at all without selling). So while you're right, because we're champions and because of klopp we should be able to attract better, we aren't willing to finance those sorts of deals and players (see Werner, havertz, Sancho etc). Suarez appears affordable and will improve our squad in a season where squads will be put to the test. 

• Upvote 6

35 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

We're a baffling fanbase at times, people foam at the mouth when you mention Michael Owen yet would have the likes of Suarez back in a heartbeat.

Suarez never went to Man Utd. Lets not forget we have two true enemies.

In more recent years it may have been Chelsea and City but the two true enemies of this football club deserve nothing but contempt. Man Utd and the fuckin Judean Peoples Front. 

Splitters 

33 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I'd have him back in a heart beat if he would improve the squad. He won't though, injuries, VAR and probably a loss of desire have finished him. He's slow now, he can't use the dark arts off the ball to create space for himself and he appears to be satisfied with his lot. He's not even angry anymore, his next club will be about the paycheck because he's done caring about winning.

• Upvote 1