You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Autumn Internationals

Lee909

Start Saturday,some great games over the next few weeks.Anyone else looking forward to some egg chasing

Saturday, 10 November 2012

International Match

England v Fiji, 14:30

France v Australia, 20:00

Ireland v South Africa, 17:30

Italy v Tonga, 14:00

Wales v Argentina, 14:30

Sunday, 11 November 2012

International Match

Scotland v New Zealand, 14:30

Friday, 16 November 2012

International Match

Wales v Samoa, 19:30

Saturday, 17 November 2012

International Match

England v Australia, 14:30

France v Argentina, 20:00

Ireland A v Fiji, 17:30

Italy v New Zealand, 14:00

Scotland v South Africa, 14:30

Saturday, 24 November 2012

International Match

England v South Africa, 14:30

France v Samoa, 17:00

Ireland v Argentina, 14:00

Italy v Australia, 18:00

Scotland v Tonga, 15:00

Wales v New Zealand, 17:15

Saturday, 1 December 2012

International Match

England v New Zealand, 14:30

Wales v Australia, 14:30

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised there has been no mention of the All Blacks game yesterday.

Absolutely brilliant performance, particularly on the back of the criticism from the last 2 games.

England seem to have a potentially brilliant pack, but still questions as to the make-up and personnel in the backs.If they can get that right ( I don't rate Flood at all & hope to never see him again ) we could be a force to reckon with going forward.

Guest Pistonbroke

I missed the win against the all Blacks but watched the highlights on-line. Things are looking good for this England time if they are given time to mature as a team. Looking forward to the six nations next year. Some very tasty fixtures this Autumn.

I'm not sure about Farrell. He is very good at kicking the penalties, however I think Flood is a better all round player. The kicking by Farrell out of hand was poor yesterday, luckily New Zealand werr even worse.

Glad England have stopped playing Botha, thought he was crap. The pack is good, but England have always had a good pack. The problem with England over the years has been scoring tries.

Tuilangi is the key, he is the threat and he was brilliant yesterday.

Wales have dropped into third seeding group. Nobody is gonna want them in their group!

I'm a bit pissed off at that, as we've gone from a team playing scintillating, attacking rugby in the Six Nations, to a team that is lacking in confidence this Autumn, devoid of ideas and invention. This seasons Six Nations should be a blinder though.

I don't think Wales have played scintillating rugby for a while now. The sat World Cup and six nations success was built on great defending, high fitness levels and picking the biggest backline possible to bash their way up the field. This past while you were found out, if the fitness levels and defence is not up to it then teams will get in and Wales do not really have the firepower to take teams on in running rugby.

I don't think Wales have played scintillating rugby for a while now. The sat World Cup and six nations success was built on great defending, high fitness levels and picking the biggest backline possible to bash their way up the field. This past while you were found out, if the fitness levels and defence is not up to it then teams will get in and Wales do not really have the firepower to take teams on in running rugby.

That's an interesting perspective. I think we do have enough fire power to take teams on at running rugby, but Priestland's confidence is lower at the moment, so he's not using the ball correctly to release the backline. What we do lack is a skilful, tricky winger, like Shane Williams, as the brute strength will get found out eventually as you have stated.

What Wales really need is a 10 with confidence and a brain as you said and an actual 13, not some extra first centre thrown in as another runner off 10. But that is just the opinion of a lumbering lock with no pace!

How many of your players will go to Australia do you reckon? Actually I might start a lions thread! Although it may be a bit early!

Ha ha, I was a prop forward, with no pace whatsoever, but I still play touch rugby on a Tuesday night, so the backs are a foreign lot to me. If only we could transport Jonathan Davies back in time, he'd fit that no 10 role a treat.

For the Lions selection, I think a lot will depend on what happens in the Six Nations, but with Gatland being in charge, you can expect a heavy welsh influence in the squad as he will know the players. I just hope that Warburton finds some form as on his day he is an absolute gem, but we've missed Lydiate in the last few games.

Whatever squad is selected for the Lions, I think they'll beat Australia in all 3 tests.

I think Hook is a good fly half. Has he been injured?

Some positions for the Lions the competition is stiff!

Outside centre for example.

Gatland and Howley have preferred Halfpenny at 15 and Priestland at 10, and Hook is never going to displace either of the centres. I do like Hook as he is more adventurous with the ball in hand.

The reason I think we'll beat the aussies is because the competition to get in the Lions test team is going to be intense, as you say, not only for outside centre, but all across the backs. I don't think anybody could call the starting 15 now and get close to what it will be when the 1st test is upon us.

Gatland and Howley have preferred Halfpenny at 15 and Priestland at 10, and Hook is never going to displace either of the centres. I do like Hook as he is more adventurous with the ball in hand.

The reason I think we'll beat the aussies is because the competition to get in the Lions test team is going to be intense, as you say, not only for outside centre, but all across the backs. I don't think anybody could call the starting 15 now and get close to what it will be when the 1st test is upon us.

I think Wales would be better off with Hook at 10. A good all round fly half.

Yep lots of competition and that's good. The difference could be the impact the subs make off the bench.

Although last time we played Australia they injured half the squad before the Tests. I remember O'Gara getting puched in the face numerous time by one guy who then just shrugged his shoulders when he got sent off.

The warm up games for the Aussies will not be about results, it will be about how many key players they can injure.

It is inevitable that Ferris will be rebuilt robocop style just in time to get into the squad. He will then score a few in the warm up, be generally immense in defence and look set to start whe suddenly all the gaffer tape and pritt stick used to reconstruct him fails leading to his knee imploding while eating a pear or something, for some reason Shingler or Strokosch will get the call up and Sean O'B will be left picking his hole in Tullow.

Inevitable, I tells ya.

Group of death it is:

Group A

Australia

England

Wales

Oceania 1

Play off winner

Group B

South Africa

Samoa

Scotland

Asia 1

America 2

Group C

New Zealand

Argentina

Tonga

Europe 1

Africa 1

Pool D

France

Ireland

Italy

America 1

Europe 2

I think Wales would be better off with Hook at 10. A good all round fly half.

Yep lots of competition and that's good. The difference could be the impact the subs make off the bench.

Although last time we played Australia they injured half the squad before the Tests. I remember O'Gara getting puched in the face numerous time by one guy who then just shrugged his shoulders when he got sent off.

The warm up games for the Aussies will not be about results, it will be about how many key players they can injure.

I agree with Hook, as at least he tries to be creative whereas Priestland just looks like he's weighed down with the pressure of the number 10 jersey. Time will tell I guess.

Once again, I agree, the squad will have a massive outcome on the tests and if the Lions can keep everyone fit, and avoid getting beaten up in the warm up games, then they have the players to seriously damage the aussies.

The will target the big game players and go out to hurt them. I can't wait to watch it.

Oceania 1 will be Fiji to add to the group of death. And as its the RWC it will be the actual Fiji team not some dregs that were the ones allowed to play by their clubs. Best Wales in 2007!

Fiji as well!!!! Shit, that's going to be some group. A long time to go though, anything can happen, cliche after cliche, etc, etc.

Loving that group.

Wales/England will all come down to the day & the Australians aren't anything to fear. Long time to go though so we'll see closer to the time who'll be favourites.

A guy was saying on the BBC website that not a single player from England's first match of the 6-nations three years ago played in the win on Saturday, so a 'long time to go' is right.

I think the upcoming 6-nations should be really interesting, I can see any one of four winning it & would be amazed to see a Grand-Slam.

I think the upcoming 6-nations should be really interesting, I can see any one of four winning it & would be amazed to see a Grand-Slam.

I agree with that, it will be a fascinating Six Nations, especially with Lions places up for grabs.

Does anyone know why the draw for RWC2015 has taken place already? It just seems a long way off.

I agree with that, it will be a fascinating Six Nations, especially with Lions places up for grabs.

Does anyone know why the draw for RWC2015 has taken place already? It just seems a long way off.

Seems a bit odd, particularly as I believe it will be another 3 months before they even decide the venues for the matches & some teams haven't even been decided yet.

When you relate it to the Football World Cup which is held a year earlier & won't be drawn for another year yet, it seems even stranger.