You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pub thread — Where shall I watch the game?

Oh Buoy

Sadly, not all of us can afford season tickets and enjoying the game at home is often beyond dire. 

So, in a poor attempt to gather some TLW folk to watch the games with, I thought I'd ask where your choice of destination is — and more importantly, fancy a pint? 

I've been warming to the Camp and Furnace atmosphere of late: 

http://www.campandfurnace.com/events/ars-v-liv/

• Upvote 1

Sadly, not all of us can afford season tickets and enjoying the game at home is often beyond dire. 

So, in a poor attempt to gather some TLW folk to watch the games with, I thought I'd ask where your choice of destination is — and more importantly, fancy a pint? 

Will no-one have a drink and watch the game with the poor bloke?

• Upvote 1

I'm in the same boat, albeit in Edinburgh. All the reds I've watched the games with over the years have either moved away, had babies, gotten married or ended up in prison for genocide (long story), now I sit in my local myself speaking to & pointing at the telly like a fucking maniac. Sometimes I turn round making a comment about a passage of play & remember there's no-one there.

I've been threatening to take my cat but the wife isn't having any of it.

I'm in the same boat, albeit in Edinburgh. All the reds I've watched the games with over the years have either moved away, had babies, gotten married or ended up in prison for genocide (long story), now I sit in my local myself speaking to & pointing at the telly like a fucking maniac. Sometimes I turn round making a comment about a passage of play & remember there's no-one there.

I've been threatening to take my cat but the wife isn't having any of it.

Have you ever been in contact with the Supporters Club? I dont think they're very active but that'd be worth a go.

Me and the boy were in Glasgow a while back and watched the game in a back room in a pub a short walk from the city centre, where the Glasgow supporters meet up. It was brilliant

Have you ever been in contact with the Supporters Club? I dont think they're very active but that'd be worth a go.

Me and the boy were in Glasgow a while back and watched the game in a back room in a pub a short walk from the city centre, where the Glasgow supporters meet up. It was brilliant

I'll keep that in mind but I'm never really in Glasgow other than for work because I can't stand the place. It's only been this season I've been watching on my own because my mate's wife had a baby in November, I don't really mind sitting in the boozer myself to be totally honest.

I do scenes from The Sweeney for half time entertainment.

"Get your trousers on, you're nicked." etc.

I'll keep that in mind but I'm never really in Glasgow other than for work because I can't stand the place. It's only been this season I've been watching on my own because my mate's wife had a baby in November, I don't really mind sitting in the boozer myself to be totally honest.

Dont say I'm not good to you....

http://www.auldreekiereds.com/

• Upvote 1

Camp and Furnace was apparently amazing last season to watch it, has a absolutly massive screen aswell.

If ever i dont go the game i tend to just get a taxi up to by the ground and watch it in one of the local places, the atmosphere before and after games can be great up there.

I once watched a game as the only person in a pub.

I was in Majorca with the family when we played Chelsea in the FA Cup semi.

I found this bar with a load of English people in and thought I'd rather not watch it than have to watch it with them.

I went round the corner, down some steps and into a bar with one person in it - stood behind the bar.

He opened up these folding doors which led to another room and put the footy on.  It was great.

He came through a few times to check I was ok as I had screamed at the top of my voice (both goals obviously, but maybe the odd contentious decision).

Caught up with the family later full of the joys of spring.

Best afternoon of my holiday.
  • Upvote 4

Liverpool, mate.

So have you made you selection from the hundred of pubs showing the game ?.

Personally I shall be at home so that I can be alone after abusing my nearest and dearest should my fears be realised . I will also have the added advantage of being able to hit the off button should the pain level exceed safe levels,