You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Again. More stupid refereeing decisions cost. If it stays the same here, rather than 2-2, that can be vital at the end of the season. Talking £10s of millions.

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

I've no idea what any of the scores are, how did the mancs get on.

Every single result has gone the wrong way so far. Well, there's City who's drawing at Stoke, but I would rather they win. But, given that I consider us to have fuck all chance of winning the league, I'm guessing our pick be default would be City. Unfortunately, I'm rapidly losing hope on that. They've been the least convincing of the big teams so far, and they've had arguably by far the easiest run of games so far.

The league on the whole looks really shit outside the top six.  I've been very unimpressed with City up to this point too.  Haven't see their game today so can't comment on that one, but in the rest of them it's down the line, cross the ball, rinse and repeat.  Boring predictable football which the likes of Stoke love to defend against.

Every team I've seen so far has been shit aside from us.

Aside from stoke we've not looked great, dogged definitely been able to grind it out defensively, we seem to gas very quickly which doesn't bode well long terms. Most the game against villa we were the worse side and second half against the mancs we dissapeared. dont get me wrong im made up with how it turned out but we dont look like we are a step above anybody at least enough to make me think we could waltz into top 4. Who knows these new signings giving us more options should certainly improve the situation. Looking forward to see how we do Monday and if the momentum is still there.

• Upvote 2

Aside from stoke we've not looked great, dogged definitely been able to grind it out defensively, we seem to gas very quickly which doesn't bode well long terms. Most the game against villa we were the worse side and second half against the mancs we dissapeared. dont get me wrong im made up with how it turned out but we dont look like we are a step above anybody at least enough to make me think we could waltz into top 4. Who knows these new signings giving us more options should certainly improve the situation. Looking forward to see how we do Monday and if the momentum is still there.

Yep, agree word for word with that. We haven't been anywhere near as good as the table might suggest. A win and two draws would probably have been a fairer reflection of the three game sofar, but as you said, glad it turned out the way it has. But, overall, I still don't see top 4 quality in us.

Think we might learn more about real credentials from Monday's game than any of our previous games so far.