You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Arsenal fans have been irritating me since Charlie fucking George made me cry.  I know loads of them, and they're fucking deluded.  But, but - they were all moaning like fuck over the close season, and after the first game, they were baying for the Frenchman's blood, so it's great to ram that right back down their throats at  moments like this.  Rank hypocrisy demonstrated over the course of a few short weeks.  As bad as some of the melts we have following us.  

Arsenal fans have been irritating me since Charlie fucking George made me cry.  I know loads of them, and they're fucking deluded.  But, but - they were all moaning like fuck over the close season, and after the first game, they were baying for the Frenchman's blood, so it's great to ram that right back down their throats at  moments like this.  Rank hypocrisy demonstrated over the course of a few short weeks.  As bad as some of the melts we have following us.  

Same. There are definitely beauts out there who would have been ringing 606 less than 6 weeks ago calling for Wenger's head who'll now be patting themselves on their backs for their loyalty to the manager and how they never doubted him (when in reality if the berks had any influence, Wenger wouldn't have made it to the start of the season).

Dickheads.

• Upvote 1

meh it'll be fine, they still have the exact same weaknesses they have had for the last 8 years, Ozil may cover up a few of their deficiences with extra goals and chances but at the end of the day they are still only a couple of injuries away from playing the likes of Bendtner

I'd have been far more concerned had they got a couple like Mascherano and Chiellini instead of Ozil

Fans are fans, some prone to hyperbole, some not. You can look on any forum, after a great win, and all the strengths are finally starting to pay off, then after a bad defeat, the weaknesses have been obvious for months.

Arsenal look good, and at the moment, they are looking like an 8/10 team week in week out. The likes of City (say) look 9/10 one week, and 5/10 the next.

But it's very early days... barely October.

All of that said, sometimes a club's image rubs off on the fans, and influences them en masse. Arsenal have gone for the 'upmarket/classy' image (even thought it's actually still a football club, and not the Ritz-Carlton). Because of that, a fair few of their fans like to think they're discerning connoisseurs of 'the beautiful game' and financial prudence is simply another example of sophisticated (superior) business. For that reason, a little pain wont do them any harm. 2-3 years out of CL should be enough.

That sounds very bitter, I know, but I think it does ALL fans some good to sample a bit of mediocrity.

I know United fans who genuinely (and it's no their fault) have absolutely no idea of what it's like not to win things. It's not healthy.