You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

This is a league game and it was the league I was on about. Anyway, point still stands, give me a shit team that wins 21 out of 26 any day. League is the bread and butter. I would take the league anyday over the European Cup/Champions League whatever guise but peoples opinions will obviously differ on that preference.

In any case apart from last season they had reached two out of three finals previous and were thankfully beaten by arguably the best club side ever to grace the game otherwise it could have easily been 5 each on European Cups now too.

Im not saying they are shit, but I disagree that it has anything at all to do with an "art" or style.

The reason they are successful is largely because of two things. (i) They buy good players, repeatedly. Ronaldo, Van Persie, et al. They buy match winners and low and behold - it wins them matches. (ii) Their reputation and authority wins them points every year. Everybody respects and fears them, including the opposition and the referees. The inevitability of their success makes their success inevitable; its a self perpetuating cycle.

Edit: And on the point of buying match winners. I'd bet my left bollock that Gareth Bale is a manc next year.

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Its a depressing will to win that comes from whisky nose they should have won it last season but arse went allowing city in but in summer they go and buy the rapist and effectivly win the league now watch them get gareth bale in the summer and so it goes on

Bale is a typical Man Utd player, direct with pace plus he dives as a bonus, they would be stupid not to get him

I've been watching the game since 1960 and I don't think I have seen such a poor Premier League/First Diviion.

The secret of United's success in more recent years can be attributed as much to their rivals' wretchedness as much as to their own competence. This season has been a prime example of them being the bluebottle on a turd.

I would like to be able to admire their lengthy period of domestic success but whenever I find myself feeling so disposed I catch a sight of Ferguson. The merest glimpse of this graceless, corrupt minded incarnation of loathesome sub-humanity pulls me back from the brink of United appreciation.

Guest davelfc
David Moyes record away at Old Trafford, Emirates, Anfield, and Stamford Bridge: Played 48 won 0.

Ifitadnabeenfernotwinning........

David Moyes, "a winner in every sense." - Jon Champion

I wonder what percentage of fouls end up in yellow cards for United.

Like today, United committed 12 fouls to Everton's 9, yet Everton walk away with 2 yellow cards and United receive none.

Anyway, another day, another United win, Everton with more shots on target as well.

The devil's own luck. Giggs first goal of the season kicked it off. He always finds a gear around this time of year, wins them a couple of games. He'll be 40 in November, fucking 40.

I wish I had access to all the OPTA stats on United. How far they run in a game, how many sprints, the movement based ones. There's either something incredibly simple they are doing, or there's something incredibly complex they are doing, but nobody seems to bother to look into it.

Look at the United players this season, completely unremarkable except for Van Persie, Carrick, and Evra, even Rooney has been quite average. I mean, what the fucking fuck is going on? How can no other team get close to them when they aren't even playing that well on the face of it? What the fuck is happening? 36 points out of 39 at Old Trafford, and 29 points out of 39 away from home. They've outscored everybody home and away.

I've been watching the game since 1960 and I don't think I have seen such a poor Premier League/First Diviion.

Big shout, but I think it's the right one. Even the Blackburn team that won the league, there was an undercurrent of good teams like United and Arsenal, and then the likes of Fowler, Ferdinand, Collymore, Klinsmann, Sheringham and Le Tissier plying their trade outside of those three teams. That said, it was still a pretty weak point, as shown by the wretched England performances of the time.

You look at England now and Gerrard and Lampard still getting in there at their age, and Ferdinand being touted for a comeback to sort things out, and Ashley Cole on 100 caps, the well is drying up. I mean, we're fed the bullshit that Cleverly and Welbeck are the future of England, that's how bad it's got in this country.

I wonder what percentage of fouls end up in yellow cards for United.

Like today, United committed 12 fouls to Everton's 9, yet Everton walk away with 2 yellow cards and United receive none.

Anyway, another day, another United win, Everton with more shots on target as well.

The devil's own luck. Giggs first goal of the season kicked it off. He always finds a gear around this time of year, wins them a couple of games. He'll be 40 in November, fucking 40.

I wish I had access to all the OPTA stats on United. How far they run in a game, how many sprints, the movement based ones. There's either something incredibly simple they are doing, or there's something incredibly complex they are doing, but nobody seems to bother to look into it.

Look at the United players this season, completely unremarkable except for Van Persie, Carrick, and Evra, even Rooney has been quite average. I mean, what the fucking fuck is going on? How can no other team get close to them when they aren't even playing that well on the face of it? What the fuck is happening? 36 points out of 39 at Old Trafford, and 29 points out of 39 away from home. They've outscored everybody home and away.

They are a classic team that is greater than the sum of its parts. Plus a 20 year winning mentality thats been drilled into them by the oul bacon-faced cunt.

I'm afraid nothing is going to change until he goes.

The secret of United's success in more recent years can be attributed as much to their rivals' wretchedness as much as to their own competence. This season has been a prime example of them being the bluebottle on a turd.

I would like to be able to admire their lengthy period of domestic success but whenever I find myself feeling so disposed I catch a sight of Ferguson. The merest glimpse of this graceless, corrupt minded incarnation of loathesome sub-humanity pulls me back from the brink of United appreciation.

As long as this fucking nonsense is peddled and clinged to we'll never progress, I just pray to God Rodgers is switched on to it.

Dion Dublin's commentary of gareth bale's 'goal of the month' (there were better but it's fashionable to wank off over bale at the moment)

Word for word:

"He seemed to receive the ball like he does in his own half a-a-a-and with and score a goal all on his own"

Incredible, moving words there. Thanks Dion.

Well, there was always going to be a silver lining to the Man Utd v Everton game today. I can never be happy with a Man Utd win, but I'm always happy with an Everton loss. If we beat West Brom we are three points behind Everton, and we still have to play them. I thought the barcodes might get something off Spurs but alas, it wasn't to be. Fourth is looking harder as the games go by. Hopefully we win tomorrow and put a decent run together. We might make up a couple more places.

Well, there was always going to be a silver lining to the Man Utd v Everton game today. I can never be happy with a Man Utd win, but I'm always happy with an Everton loss. If we beat West Brom we are three points behind Everton, and we still have to play them. I thought the barcodes might get something off Spurs but alas, it wasn't to be. Fourth is looking harder as the games go by. Hopefully we win tomorrow and put a decent run together. We might make up a couple more places.

Right now its really just 'one game at a time.'. Spurs, arsenal, Chelsea and everton all have to play each other and they all can't/won't win every week. We need to keep picking up points, especially in our six pointers, and we stand half a chance.

Starts today. C'mon you reds!!