You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Mourinho bottled that imo, the game was there for the taking but he didn't want it enough, can understand not wanting to concede another away goal but going to Old Trafford with a 2-1 lead would mean Scum needing to attack and Real would fucking destroy them on the counter, now Scum can start of with the aim of playing like they did tonight and going through on away goals, should've got Kaka on rather than Modric, know he isn't what he used to be but I reckon he could still destroy English teams in his sleep, if there isn't a Hamann/Masch to track him he can do what he wants against English sides

Mourinho bottled that imo' date=' the game was there for the taking but he didn't want it enough, can understand not wanting to concede another away goal but going to Old Trafford with a 2-1 lead would mean Scum needing to attack and Real would fucking destroy them on the counter, now Scum can start of with the aim of playing like they did tonight and going through on away goals, should've got Kaka on rather than Modric, know he isn't what he used to be but I reckon he could still destroy English teams in his sleep, if there isn't a Hamann/Masch to track him he can do what he wants against English sides[/quote']

Kaka? What year is this.

Always thought United would score but I thought Madrid would get at least two. Bit underwhelmed by them really, few decent saves from De Gea but not really that many clearcut chances and Van Persie should really have won it for United. I still think they're capable of winning at Old Trafford though. If they go out then that's surely it for Mourinho there. They've sacked managers who have had much better seasons than he's having this year. It's just depressing watching games like this these days though. A few years ago we were involved in ties like this every year and at the moment I'm wondering if we ever will be again.

Been a good defensive game from the mancs this one, sit back, soak up pressure and try to hit Real madrid on the break.

If we can adopt these kind of tactics away from home we might start to get a few more wins.

That said I think playing at Old Trafford will be in Real madrids favour as they are even better on the counter than the mancs and the mancs will come more forward there leaving space for C.Ronaldo among others.

You complained like fuck when we were doing that

The mancs have some stupid record regarding 0-0 draws that may or may not be league only, but it is a stretch of 90+ games since their last one, I'm not 100%. Either way, they have enough firepower up front to score most games, but also a leaky enough defence to concede at least one regularly. The point being I'll be amazed if this thing remains 0-0 in the return leg, given they almost always score at Old Trafford, as well as Madrid being well-suited to a counter-attacking game, which is almost definitely how it will pan out.

Set up nicely (by which I mean I hope Madrid fucking destroy them and let Barca fuck them off later.)

Guest San Don
Spurs are now completely a 1 man team.

Arsenal Van Persie last season took the piss - but Gareth Hotspur will run them close this year.

1 amazing player can almost single handedly get a team into the Champions League, so lets hope we can keep Suarez.

Despite that, how often are spurs described by sly sports or the wail and wank as a 'one man team'?