You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reina

Johnson – Skrtel – Agger –Enrique

Allen – Lucas – Shelvey

Gerrard – Carroll - Suarez

subs; Borini, Kelly, Sterling, Coates, Henderson

Adam, Cole & Downing- elsewhere

Is that our team?

Reina

Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

Lucas

Allen Shelvey

Gerrard Borini Suarez

That would be mine. With probably only Sterling and Suso the only players at the club I'd be comfortable seeing coming in for any of those midfielders or forwards. Oh, and Pacheco if he's still here. We need to sign another three or four attacking players.

I agree with the concept of 'picking our battles' when it comes to using our Captain. It's been put forward by some, that we don't have the depth of quality to replace him, but I argue that we really don't know WHAT we've got until we try to find out.

Personally, I think Shelvey's time has arrived. He may not appear to have the quality to be Gerrard's replacement, but he shows the potential, and only regular time in the first eleven, will allow him the opportunity to develop.

The same goes for other up-and-coming young talent we have. IF we're going to get twatted by the likes of West Brom, I'd rather see a young, dynamic team of players who've been waiting for their chance to shine.

A case in point: We may have been beaten by Roma in that pre-season match Stateside, but I thought the youngsters played VERY well, and were highly competitive against a team that was arguably much closer to it's target lineup for their new season, and certainly are no slouches at the game of footy.

Guest San Don
I agree with the concept of 'picking our battles' when it comes to using our Captain. It's been put forward by some, that we don't have the depth of quality to replace him, but I argue that we really don't know WHAT we've got until we try to find out.

Personally, I think Shelvey's time has arrived. He may not appear to have the quality to be Gerrard's replacement, but he shows the potential, and only regular time in the first eleven, will allow him the opportunity to develop.

The same goes for other up-and-coming young talent we have. IF we're going to get twatted by the likes of West Brom, I'd rather see a young, dynamic team of players who've been waiting for their chance to shine.

A case in point: We may have been beaten by Roma in that pre-season match Stateside, but I thought the youngsters played VERY well, and were highly competitive against a team that was arguably much closer to it's target lineup for their new season, and certainly are no slouches at the game of footy.

Never ceases to amaze me the number of people who say we dont know what we've got until he doesnt play.

We have seen a number of times last season what we are like without even a half fit Gerrard in the side. We are pretty toothless without him.

But, people can see for themselves what we are like without him and see 'what we've got' as he wont be travelling to Edinburgh tomorrow night.

Never ceases to amaze me the number of people who say we dont know what we've got until he doesnt play.

We have seen a number of times last season what we are like without even a half fit Gerrard in the side. We are pretty toothless without him.

But, people can see for themselves what we are like without him and see 'what we've got' as he wont be travelling to Edinburgh tomorrow night.

Gerrard played 18 league games last season. He didn't play in 20 league games last season. How many did we win with him and without him?

Our record with him in the team last season was actually appalling in the league, so it's not quite true that he still carries the team when he plays and we fall to pieces without him. He was poor last season bar the odd game.

Thank god people are starting to realise. Gerrard has been consistently our WORST player over the last 2 years. and yet hendo ( was brilliant last night) and others get the blame. it seems that Liverpools fans are living in the past thinking we are still up there and that Gerrard is still worldclass. might i remind you that the entire team keeps changing around him and the result is the same- therefore something else is the problem and I know its gerrard. even legends grow old.

Thank god people are starting to realise. Gerrard has been consistently our WORST player over the last 2 years. and yet hendo ( was brilliant last night) and others get the blame. it seems that Liverpools fans are living in the past thinking we are still up there and that Gerrard is still worldclass. might i remind you that the entire team keeps changing around him and the result is the same- therefore something else is the problem and I know its gerrard. even legends grow old.

This post is so bad that im this close to buying a tlw season ticket right now and negging the fuck out of you. I cant however since im dirt poor.

But seriously, consistently our worst player? Are you out of your mind? Admittedly, Gerrard has had mares but so has every single fucking player, christ sake. And even if he has had a bad game, hes never the worst. And you seemingly forget the amount of good contributions he has done the past two years. Hat tricks against napoli, everton, numerous assists, even when torres was being a fucking shitcunt, motm performances against city in the carling cup last year, not to forget that most of the time he was out injured.

Fuck off.

Kindly blow your own face off with a shotgun.

Thanks.

This post is so bad that im this close to buying a tlw season ticket right now and negging the fuck out of you. I cant however since im dirt poor.

But seriously, consistently our worst player? Are you out of your mind? Admittedly, Gerrard has had mares but so has every single fucking player, christ sake. And even if he has had a bad game, hes never the worst. And you seemingly forget the amount of good contributions he has done the past two years. Hat tricks against napoli, everton, numerous assists, even when torres was being a fucking shitcunt, motm performances against city in the carling cup last year, not to forget that most of the time he was out injured.

Fuck off.

Some people forget, others remember and show respect:

[YOUTUBE]cTVcQPx4o_4[/YOUTUBE]

That's the worst first post I've ever seen. The plus side is it can only get better from such a low starting point.