You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nuri Sahin

WhiskeyJar

Guest Numero Veinticinco

So whilst he's looked excellent against Norwich and Udinese

He was also superb against West Brom. He wasn't ready against Arsenal - scrap that match. He wasn't at the races vs Stoke either, but the ball was going over his head. That's it.

He was also superb against West Brom. He wasn't ready against Arsenal - scrap that match. He wasn't at the races vs Stoke either, but the ball was going over his head. That's it.

He wasn't ready against Arsenal, sure, but I think that was his first start for us so it means nothing. I can't say I particularly remember his performance against West Brom I'm afraid, but from what I remember it was not an overtly physical contest.

In his last two starts, against Stoke and Reading who play a physical, defensive style, the game has largely passed him by and he looked tired when he was withdrawn after sixty minutes. In my opinion, Shelvey should get the start against Everton.

I realise that's not going to convince you, but it seems to be the prevailing opinion in the thread, so you'll either have to rail against the injustice of it all or simpy agree to disagree, I'm afraid. Either way, I've said my piece.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I don't agree against Reading. I'd be surprised to see Shelvey start, regardless of what a small number of people on this thread think.

I think Jonjo was much worse against Reading than Sahin. We started to come under real pressure when he came on.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It's not a small number' date=' it's the majority of respondents, but if it makes you feel better to say so ...[/quote']

It's both, but if it makes you feel better to be inaccurate...

;)

He has beenable to get into more goal scoring positions in 5 games than Lucas have in 5 years, I like him and for me he was among our best players on Saturday, we fell apart when he went off like Numero Moody suggested earlier.

Numero is wrong most of the time but this time he is right.

Personally, I'm excited at the prospect of a midfield three with Lucas anchoring and Suso and Allen being busy and tidy further upfield, clever passes, clever movement.

Another kiss of death, this one from Unfunnneeeeeeeeee, who is closing in on Codey, lebron, Antynwa and co for being wrong about almost everything, all of the time

Sahin looks a proper player for most of the match. Once he settles and gains more fitness i think we'll see more moments of brilliance (like that awesome ball to Sterling) and more late runs in the box.

That being said, i wouldn't be adverse to seeing a midield 3 of Allen, Lucas and Shelvey.

Allen in particular is a delight to watch. Excellent control, rarely misplaces a pass, not bad in a tackle, and is deceptively quick. He's everything I hoped Spearing would be.

Another kiss of death, this one from Unfunnneeeeeeeeee, who is closing in on Codey, lebron, Antynwa and co for being wrong about almost everything, all of the time

Love that you've packed me in along the thousands of posts from the others in that group. Must mean that we fundamentally disagree on things (which iis something you can't handle). As I think you're wrong about just about everything regarding football and LFC, I take every insulting post and neg from you as a compliment:yes: