You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nuri Sahin

WhiskeyJar

Love that you've packed me in along the thousands of posts from the others in that group. Must mean that we fundamentally disagree on things (which iis something you can't handle). As I think you're wrong about just about everything regarding football and LFC, I take every insulting post and neg from you as a compliment:yes:

As well you should.

Well, Sahin is slow. Even SL can be right at times. It is painful trying to watch him sprint. Also, if RM have 25 players in the squad, they figure that they have 7-8 more useful midfielders than Sahin. That does not mean that Sahin is a bad player, it just means that he is slow and he is not among the top 7-8 midfielders in RM.

He has amazing control of the ball, he sees passes that others do not, he seems to be able to score, as well. And then he is slow, a defensive liability, and has to learn to put in a better effort. To me he is good for this season, I'd play him a lot especially if Lucas is available. And most definitely against the teams that we are "supposed" to beat.

I think Sahin will flourish playing alongside Allen and Lucas. I'd push Gerrard in to the right forward role, alongside Suarez and Sterling, with Suso and Shelvey rotating for different players depending on injuries.

Henderson and Borini are decent squad players, so I think if we can get rid of Downing, Cole, Spearing, Carroll and bring in two more attacking players we would have a really good depth to our squad.

Well, Sahin is slow. Even SL can be right at times. It is painful trying to watch him sprint. Also, if RM have 25 players in the squad, they figure that they have 7-8 more useful midfielders than Sahin. That does not mean that Sahin is a bad player, it just means that he is slow and he is not among the top 7-8 midfielders in RM.

He has amazing control of the ball, he sees passes that others do not, he seems to be able to score, as well. And then he is slow, a defensive liability, and has to learn to put in a better effort. To me he is good for this season, I'd play him a lot especially if Lucas is available. And most definitely against the teams that we are "supposed" to beat.

Yeah, his pace is a worry. Allen's not really quick, Lucas is painfully slow also, Shelvey is slow. We have a very pedestrian set of midfield players, Gerrard excepted

He's not fit. If he gets fit and can maintain influence on a game' date=' I'm not arsed if he's a bit slow. He's got the game and the technique to be our second best midfielder.

...[/quote']

He's excellent. Im just worried about the price tag... We absolutely need to buy a new leftback, we need to replace Carragher(but Wisdom/Sama/Kelly might be good enough for first team CB duties), we need two senior XI forwards of quality, and we need a Lucas standin (unless we can successfully convert Henderson or bring in Coady and he's good enough).

He might even overhaul Lucas if he stays, he's got time on his side.

They play different roles, he competes more with Allen when all the players are fit. Anyway, it all depends on the match and what Rodgers wants from the team. And definitely he does not have time, for now he has only until the end of the season. Back to RM after that, as it is.

a bit like carroll I find myself micro analysing everything he does in a game to try and find the positives. he had a couple of good lay offs on saturday but apart from that he went missing for long periods and often looks slower than josemi. that said I think BR should be playing him alongside allen with gerrard further forward.

• 3 weeks later...

Perfect example of a 'sytem' player who looked great at Dortmund where he had acres of space and teammates doing all his running for him. Not sure he has the physical tools to make it in England. He could surely win a few over by getting stuck in and not disappearing, which sadly seems beyond him at this point.

Agree with Hades.

We've got too many centre midfielders who want to pick the ball up deep and pass it sideways 5-10 yards over and over, and not enough that can actually beat a man, play a killer pass or score goals for that matter.

Agree with Hades.

We've got too many centre midfielders who want to pick the ball up deep and pass it sideways 5-10 yards over and over, and not enough that can actually beat a man, play a killer pass or score goals for that matter.

That's why in this league, a player like Shelvey is worth sticking with.

Shelvey at least tries to drive the team forward.

Sahin didnt really want to come here and hes playing like it.

Very glad we didn't sign him permanently.

• 1 month later...

Anyone got any idea who broke Nuri Sahin and how it happened?

We fought and fought to get this lad in, and then he turns out to be Igor Biscan crossed with Bruno Cheyrou. Does not compute.

I mean, he comes out and says that Rodgers is playing him in the wrong position.

Nuri Sahin says Brendan Rodgers is playing him out of position | Mail Online

So...why fight and fight to get him in and then try to make him into something he isnt, and then totally erase his existence like a black ops mission?

He used to be quite handy apparently.

Anyone got any idea who broke Nuri Sahin and how it happened?

We fought and fought to get this lad in' date=' and then he turns out to be Igor Biscan crossed with Bruno Cheyrou. Does not compute.

I mean, he comes out and says that Rodgers is playing him in the wrong position.

Nuri Sahin says Brendan Rodgers is playing him out of position | Mail Online

So...why fight and fight to get him in and then try to make him into something he isnt, and then totally erase his existence like a black ops mission?

He used to be quite handy apparently.

Have you read his full interview? His words have been twisted. He was talking more about trying to settle into our league and how different opposing teams styles are.

He's still injured after breaking his nose.