You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fabio Borini

moof

He has done enough for us not to need to go out and buy a back-up striker for sure. 

he was shit for us when he played but with a bit of game time he got a lot better. 

would much prefer to have brought him on than mongses and arsepas

• Upvote 1

I'd like to see a better back up striker signed, as well as Borini coming back.  Sturridge & Suarez would be still very safe in the team, no matter how shit they're playing with only Fabio as back up.  He's nowhere near their level, even on an off day.

• Upvote 1

I'd have Borini back, but only as a 4th striker. He's looked ok over at Sunderland this year, but we're a big step up from that and he still needs to develop and improve further, which he will with time. I think we need to bring in a 3rd striker who's at a similar level to Suarez and Sturridge as we'll be playing quite a few more games next season and there is no guarantee those two will remain fit and injury free...particularly after a World Cup summer...so for me we need someone else who can step in and create the same kind of havoc those two do. 

• Upvote 1

I'd like to see a better back up striker signed, as well as Borini coming back. Sturridge & Suarez would be still very safe in the team, no matter how shit they're playing with only Fabio as back up. He's nowhere near their level, even on an off day.

You have to be more cute than that, there is always a pecking order, and with age and experience comes feelings of entitlement.

So, Suarez and Sturridge, at their age and standing in the game, would rightfully consider themselves to be top dogs. Borini comes in, a little younger and less goals, considers himself to have earned the third spot. You don't then go signing a lad like Diego Costa and expect it to go down well.

No, the best solution to allow us more depth in our strikers, and not affect squad harmony, is find the best u21 striker money can buy, who will be content to come on occassionally for the last 20 minutes, start cup games, and learn and earn his way for a season or 18 months.

Suggestions:

Viktor Fischer

Heung-Min

Alvaro Morata

Ravel Morrison

Kevin Volland

To be fair, i think we already had this idea when we paid such big money for Yesil, he was set to be this player for us next season IMHO. We might dip back into the 16/17/18 year old market and buy another one to use in 2 seasons time.

You need a player that can play every game not a back up.

Lets say one of Sturridge or Suarez get a injury that keep them out 3 months. You need a play that can come in and carry tbe load until they come back.

You need a player that can play every game not a back up.

Lets say one of Sturridge or Suarez get a injury that keep them out 3 months. You need a play that can come in and carry tbe load until they come back.

The problem is good strikers don't usually accept being subs / back up.

I can see us adding another wide player or body in midfield to be used in rotation and possibly to switch to one up top if either Suarez or Sturridge gets injured.

I'd like to see Remy, too, or someone else who is demonstrably better than either Borini, who I like, or Aspas. The problem is playing time. One reason we did so well this year was there was absolutely zero dissent amongst the subs - at least in public. The success of the team depended on maintaining a tight group of players, without people agitating for playing time and making trouble on the training pitch.

Bring in a big(ger) name to compete with Sturridge and Suarez might bring more headaches than it's worth.

The problem is good strikers don't usually accept being subs / back up.

I can see us adding another wide player or body in midfield to be used in rotation and possibly to switch to one up top if either Suarez or Sturridge gets injured.

So negredo, aguero, Dzeko and jovetic, they all think they should be top dog, but they seem to accept being back up. Same used to apply to utd

The key to us being successful is having a squad which has more than just sturridge and Suarez, if you're a winning side then players will accept that

I'd have Borini back, but only as a 4th striker. He's looked ok over at Sunderland this year, but we're a big step up from that and he still needs to develop and improve further, which he will with time. I think we need to bring in a 3rd striker who's at a similar level to Suarez and Sturridge as we'll be playing quite a few more games next season and there is no guarantee those two will remain fit and injury free...particularly after a World Cup summer...so for me we need someone else who can step in and create the same kind of havoc those two do.

Lambert?

I'd be happy for him to come back.

We need decent players to come in when the injuries and fatigue strike. Maybe he was a bit overwhelmed during his debut season, now he's had a proper season under his belt he could flourish. 22 isnt he?

Get back here Fabio laa

mignolet

jones

flanagan

wisdom

skrtel

sakho

new CB

ilori

enrique

new LB

Gerrard

New MF

Henderson

Allen

Lallana

coutinho

Sterling

Suso

Sturridge

Borini

Suarez

new CF

sell johnson agger lucas aspas reina assaidi toure

loan kelly

Lambert?

I can see why he might appeal to some as he can be difficult to play against and seems to have got better as he's matured, but for me, at 32, he's getting on and would only be a brief stop gap. I'd personally choose Lukaku having seen him develop from his time at Anderlecht, think he's a great player who should get even better under the right manager, but there's no way Mourinho would sell him to us, so someone like Remy maybe. Really do think we need someone decent though as Suarez & co looked knackered the back end of this season and that's only playing the one game a week for a couple of months.