You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2012/2013 Premiership Fixtures....

navbasi

Due out on Monday 9am...

Swansea away first game of the season I reckon, followed by City away, Utd at home, Chelsea away and Arsenal at home :whistle: after all they are "randomly" selected by the fixture computer....

Really looking forward to the new season can't wait to see what sort of effect Brendan has on the players... Hopefully we get a few early wins on the board so the pressure is off a little and we can build as the season goes on..

Heart says we'll win the league in Brendan's first season but head says we'll finish 4th or 5th....

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due out on Monday 9am...

Thanks for that. Had been thinking of doing a search to check when they were due out...

Feels like a whole lot to happen before the start of the season (hopes so, anyway) but oh, for a win, to get us off to a good start in what does feel like a new chapter

i reckon everyone will keep saying swansea away in the first match and we'll get west brom at home, steve clarke back at anfield on the first day

If the first game of last season we were at home,then this seasons first game will be away.

Thats how it use to work anyway.

Guest San Don

Seeing where we finished, I reckon there's a very good chance we could get city away for the opening game, failing that, one of the other top 4 from last season.

If the first game of last season we were at home,then this seasons first game will be away.

Thats how it use to work anyway.

we've been at home on the first day the past 2 in a row.

i might be wrong but i think we were away first something stupid like 5 or 6 in a row before that, fairly sure it was at least 3 though, spurs 2009, sunderland 2008 and villa 2007

Wigan away i reckon' date=' Martinez vs Rodgers, assuming the former's still there.[/quote']

cant see it, wigan away will be on a miserable shitty weeknight, bad match where we fail to win again, i would think. the only positive i could see when it looked like we were appointing martinez (which im glad we didnt) was he may actually know them so well we'd finally win there

we've been at home on the first day the past 2 in a row.

i might be wrong but i think we were away first something stupid like 5 or 6 in a row before that, fairly sure it was at least 3 though, spurs 2009, sunderland 2008 and villa 2007

Your right, we where away on first day for years before last season.

Anyway seeing as we are not part of the big 4 anymore we will probably get chelsea away.

We'll get something along the lines of Southampton away and the Mancs will get Wigan at home. I'm not complaining of bias. It's just the way of the world. Whelan will want a bumming in the OT broom cupboard beforehand. Everton will get Reading at home and fuck it up completely blaming Spurs for turning Moyes head (even though he won't take the job), Clive Thomas, Heysel and the so on.

Everyone always complains about the schedule before it comes out, expecting bias, but last season we pretty much had a dream end to the season in terms of fixtures and look how that worked out for us. We are the architects of our own misery.

Or good fortune.

The fixtures are done by a man with a laptop not a lucky dip on some machine. There was an article about him on the BBC site a couple of years ago. He was on about how he tries to be fair to everyone and pick as many local matches across the Christmas period etc etc.

Going to be on holiday from Saturday to Saturday in the last week in August so looking for some good fortune when the fixtures are released.

Does anyone know when the TV games are announced?

Guest davelfc
The fixtures are done by a man with a laptop not a lucky dip on some machine. There was an article about him on the BBC site a couple of years ago. He was on about how he tries to be fair to everyone and pick as many local matches across the Christmas period etc etc.

Going to be on holiday from Saturday to Saturday in the last week in August so looking for some good fortune when the fixtures are released.

Does anyone know when the TV games are announced?

sir-alex-ferguson-for-goalkeepermagazine.jpeg

"Aye, home against Blackpool, can you make it the Monday night?"

"Ach, make those barstards doon the m62 play early away ta Southampton"

If people want to predict maybe it would be an idea to look at it from a recent historical perspective and see if there are any patterns emerging.

Personally I think it will be an away game this time around since we have had two home games in a row, both sadly ending with 1-1 draws.

12/13: ?

11/12: Sunderland home

10/11: Arsenal home

09/10: Tottenham away

08/09: Sunderland away

07/08: Aston Villa away

06/07: Sheffield Utd away

05/06: Middlesbrough away

04/05: Tottenham away

03/04: Chelsea home

02/03: Aston Villa away