You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Are you single?

silverlining

Is it by choice?

And what's the longest time you have spent single?

I've done virtually no time at all as a proper single person. Up to the age of 18 I was single, but looked about 14, so that wasn't very successful. Got a girlfriend at University and that lasted maybe 6 years (a bit on and off, but anyway).

After that straight into another relationship, which has turned into marriage (with one 12 month hiatus, and even that was filled by a (fit) interim) so I've essentially never been single for long at all. Admittedly there have been some other dalliances, but let's ignore those.

I feel like I've missed out a bit.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not been single for more than 2 months since I was 17.

Kim - 8 turbulent but sexual months

Zoe - 3 initially good but ended up hating the twat years

Meghan - a fling that went on for 3 years too long and got too serious

Mercedes - 3 years - she moved out 3 weeks ago whilst we were planning to get engaged and have a baby.

single as fuck now then

and congratulations sponge lad

Single with occasional bouts of intense, border-line legal smashing.

I don't like being in a relationship as I am selfish and love my independence. I'd like someone platonic to travel with but that's about it.

I like my own company to an extent, but then get lonely really quickly.

So I don't mind being in a room in my house on my own, doing whatever, but I like knowing there's other people in other rooms.

Single for over 9 years and happy about it aswell.

Boils done to me being both pretty boring and selfish with my time.

I like to do my own thing and mostly by myself. I work shifts and am around people all day and want my own time to myself after that.

I was for a while but no longer.

I was stuck in a relationship for over 4 years, then about 22 I split up and stayed single until this February. It was through choice as I went on loads of boss holidays, away trips, piss ups and played loads of footy. My current girlfriend has been a fixture in my life for about 2 years but it was only recently that I decided to properly go for it and it seems to be working out okay.

I probably stayed single for so long as it was off the back of a relationship that was pretty shit to be fair. It was great fun for the first 70% of it then it turned out to be not what I wanted. Probably a result of two people growing apart, with the last 18 months overshadowing the good times we had. In the end it became a fucking nightmare with her keeping score on everything and finding something to complain about all the time. With her being so close to my mum I couldn't just tell her to fuck off, could I?

Off the back of being with a joy thief whose mother was definitely trying to right the wrongs of her past by interfering, I found that doing my own thing was a lot better. The only reason I have decided to settle down with my girlfriend is because she actually makes my life better.

With the greatest of respect to people who are forever in proper relationships and move from one to other with ease, I think that you need to have time along to find out what you like and what you want from it all.

I also got fed up of people asking me when I was going to get a girlfriend as well, used to fuck me right out. It also fucked me off when I was not invited to fucking couples get togethers.

Mercedes? Not having a pop lad, but what were her parents thinking?

Not been single since uni days and now married, ah well...

When I was a student I worked with a girl who called her kid Porsche. Mixing it up with Portia.

Another called her kid Alisha Jade. That spelling.

The lowest I have ever been paid, for the hardest job i have ever had and surrounded by the thickest people ever.

This was in Hull.

When I was a student I worked with a girl who called her kid Porsche. Mixing it up with Portia.

Another called her kid Alisha Jade. That spelling.

The lowest I have ever been paid, for the hardest job i have ever had and surrounded by the thickest people ever.

This was in Hull.

more to the fucking point, are you single? if you are and you live in sweden then either a) you have loads of birds on the go or b) your fucking gay.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQv1IrZ7dRkNRaXxRM092OxXIcoyz9BSaKS51si78S7KuyIptTnv9QGh8Qbvg2726392793_fc6569727a.jpg

which is it? quickly....

more to the fucking point, are you single? if you are and you live in sweden then either a) you have loads of birds on the go or b) your fucking gay.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQv1IrZ7dRkNRaXxRM092OxXIcoyz9BSaKS51si78S7KuyIptTnv9QGh8Qbvg2726392793_fc6569727a.jpg

which is it? quickly....

I'm asexual.

Edited by RedinSweden
Wrote assexual. which sounds like a bum chum

So not many people on here are happy then? Oh yeah I forgot that's not cool.

And some of you on here have the nerve to call me a cunt.

Enjoy looking at birds on the net you'll never get while your actual bird wonders why the fuck she bothered with you in the first place.

So not one person on here is happy then? Oh yeah I forgot that's not cool.

Enjoy looking at birds on the net you'll never get while your actual bird wonders why the fuck she bothered with you in the first place.

hahahahaha

So not many people on here are happy then? Oh yeah I forgot that's not cool.

Calling you a cunt doesn't take nerve, just a basic grasp if things like 'facts' and 'reality'