You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is it time to get on board with FSG?

snez1

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I hate to agree with him but it does look like they haven't a clue what they're doing.

Only if you distort reality and select only the bits of information which support your argument. That's what Xerxes has done on this thread.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only if you distort reality and select only the bits of information which support your argument. That's what Xerxes has done on this thread.

Sorry, but even with all the facts on board and they still don't look like they know what they are doing.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
What have they done well except get sponsorship deals?

Well, they've put the club in a financially sound position, backed the manager with the money made available by doing that, and are in the middle of a full-scale modernisation of the club's staff.

That's enough for five minutes.

People keep referring to FSG having a plan. I used to share that view but not any more.

What is the evidence? They have objectives and goals - but a plan on how to achieve it?

I am sure that they are astute financial investors but that does not make them well suited to running LFC. Who is guiding their hand from a football perspective?

A number of posters on here suggest that they were "forced" to sign Kenny but didn't really want him. If that is true (which I do not believe for one second) how did it fit with their plan? If it did - why sack him after one full season - but if it didn't - what the hell were they thinking? Did they change the plan at that point? Have they changed it again now that Rodgers is here?

There is no plan. They are just stumbling from one mistake to the next and learning on the job. All they know is what they don't want but do not appear to have a clue as to what they really need.

Will I support Rodgers and LFC next season? Of course I will because mine is an emotional investment not a financial one. Do I think we will make a massive step forward next season - I really doubt it. I think Rodgers is trying to re-create the Swansea culture at Anfield and hoping that with a better squad of players that his approach will be more successful. But will that approach work with a squad full of multi-millionaire players who would have a string of Europes top clubs happy to offer them employment?

Only time will tell.

Joel A. Barker:

"Vision without action is merely a dream. Action without vision just passes the time. Vision with action can change the world."

Well, they've put the club in a financially sound position

The very least expected. Sorry, but that doesn't count as a pro.

backed the manager with the money made available by doing that

So, a 6 month period, spending 40m NET, in tandem with a DoF constitutes as backing these days? How standards have slipped.

and are in the middle of a full-scale modernisation of the club's staff.

We've hired a couple of PR men. Anyone else?

That's enough for five minutes.

Well, at least you're giving FSG more time than you did Dalglish.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
The very least expected. Sorry, but that doesn't count as a pro.

The least you expected - the 'very least' - was for them to pay out nearly 300m for them to save our club from administration? Like most things you say, that's utterly preposterous and ill-thought claptrap.

So, a 6 month period, spending 40m NET, in tandem with a DoF constitutes as backing these days? How standards have slipped.

Standards have slipped, that's for sure. However, you're not doing them justice in their support for the manager. Maybe I should bring out some quote from Kenny?

We've hired a couple of PR men. Anyone else?

Erm, yes.

Well, at least you're giving FSG more time than you did Dalglish.

You see, this is what it's all about for you. It's about Kenny. It's not actually about the owner's ability to run the club, it's about them sacking Kenny. That's it. That's the bottom line.

I don't get to give Dalglish time, I never called for him to be sacked, and I still think he made many, many fuck-ups which lead a 'slipping of standards'.

The least you expected - the 'very least' - was for them to pay out nearly 300m for them to save our club from administration? Like most things you say, that's utterly preposterous and ill-thought claptrap.

They'll make that back no problem, otherwise they wouldn't have bought the club. They're businessmen, not rich Samaritans. You're incredibly naive.

This great modernisation of the club. Please expand.

Don't whittle things down to your usual level of pettiness. No, this isn't about Dalglish in particular, this is about the football club i support.

You weren't willing to give the manager any benefit of the doubt last season but here you are affording it to FSG who have thus far done fuck all to merit it.

That's preposterous and more than a little perverse.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
They'll make that back no problem, otherwise they wouldn't have bought the club. They're businessmen, not rich Samaritans. You're incredibly naive.

I'm not naïve at all. I understand all of those things. However, stating that it's the 'very least' to expect is mind-numbingly simplistic.

This great modernisation of the club. Please expand.

I didn't say 'great' modernisation of the 'club', so I won't expand on something I've not said. I said 'full-scale modernisation of the club's staff', which it quite obviously is.

Don't whittle things down to your usual level of pettiness. No, this isn't about Dalglish in particular, this is about the football club i support.

Of course it's about Dalglish. It's so fucking obvious. They sacked Dalglish, you didn't like it, and now you're nursing a sore head. Diddums.

You weren't willing to give the manager any benefit of the doubt last season but here you are affording it to FSG who have thus far done fuck all to merit it.

That's preposterous and more than a little perverse.

I'm not giving FSG the benefit of anything. I'm saying I'd be doing many of the same things. The difference between you and I is that I've held my opinion longer than the end of the season when Kenny got sacked. I've been saying these things for decades. Not weeks, not months, but decades.

I'm not naïve at all. I understand all of those things. However, stating that it's the 'very least' to expect is mind-numbingly simplistic.

I didn't say 'great' modernisation of the 'club', so I won't expand on something I've not said. I said 'full-scale modernisation of the club's staff', which it quite obviously is.

Of course it's about Dalglish. It's so fucking obvious. They sacked Dalglish, you didn't like it, and now you're nursing a sore head. Diddums.

I'm not giving FSG the benefit of anything. I'm saying I'd be doing many of the same things. The difference between you and I is that I've held my opinion longer than the end of the season when Kenny got sacked. I've been saying these things for decades. Not weeks, not months, but decades.

The idea of someone buying the club and NOT putting it into debt as being the least to expect is simplistic? Why?

Oh, so sorry. So they've hired a couple of PR men thus far which equates to a 'full-scale modernisation of the club's staff'. Silly me. No exaggeration there, aye. Please expand.

I hold FSG more responsible for last seasons on and off the field problems than i do Dalglish. Is that really so hard for you to fathom? If these problems persist then i wont be holding Rodgers responsible, for me the blame will lie squarely with the owners.

You're not making any sense. You're not giving them benefit of the doubt, you'd just be doing many of the same things? What are these 'things' that you've held on to for so long?

You're trying to make out as if you've thought things through, like you have a decent grasp but as ever you coming across as rather shallow and confused whilst also being a tad risible.

It's clear why you get insulted a fair bit.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I hold FSG more responsible for last seasons on and off the field problems than i do Dalglish.

Very little more for us to talk about. There's no reasoning with somebody that blinkered.

Guest davelfc

Arguments can go on for weeks, but until the transfer window closes we won't really know what is happening. Who stays, who goes and who comes in.

This might help to show the direction we are taking, we should also have a few games played by then so have a clearer idea all round.

They sacked Kenny and replaced him with Rodgers, that ballsy/clueless/snidey (depending on your perspective) move now has to be backed up by them supporting the manager. We're a lot of things but we're not stupid.

Pitchforks should be in the cupboard, for now.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
The IRONY is delicious.

Where did the backing go in January?

Nope, cant debate with these sorts of questions. You're fucking with my narrow perspective.

As Kenny said, we had "the option to add players". That said, it was hardly a surprise that purse strings might have been tightened after spending so much on such poor players.

Talking of 'backing' in January, Kenny said in January that "The owners (FSG) have been fantastically supportive". Judging from Kenny's comments before the window it was clear that not spending was something he was considering. He said "We are happy about the strength of the squad we have got' and 'the more players I have to choose from the more difficult my job is'. He wasn't shy in saying "There is a window coming up in January and if we feel the need to use it I am sure we will get full support (from the owners)".

I guess Kenny just thought better of them than you.

Guest davelfc
I want to be convinced of them, i really do. I want to get 'on board' like others have but at the moment, there's too many doubts.

Certainly no suggestion yet of protest or whatever, just concerns.

We should have concerns, snakes come in many disguises. I don't think these are snakes but they are investors and looking pretty clueless at the moment. We've also been bitten in the past, fool me once and all that....

This doesn't mean they are clueless as it might look pretty messy to us but pan out to make a lot of sense in the end.

I really hope by the time the window closes our fears will have been put to rest. Rodgers gets off to a good start with some decent signings, keeps our best players and makes the tweaks on the pitch we needed.

The happy clappy fans worry me, I'd like a little of what they're smoking.

As Kenny said, we had "the option to add players". That said, it was hardly a surprise that purse strings might have been tightened after spending so much on such poor players.

Talking of 'backing' in January, Kenny said that ""The owners (FSG) have been fantastically supportive". Judging from Kenny's comments before the window it was clear that not spending was something he was considering. He said "We are happy about the strength of the squad we have got' and 'the more players I have to choose from the more difficult my job is'. He wasn't shy in saying "There is a window coming up in January and if we feel the need to use it I am sure we will get full support (from the owners)".

I guess Kenny just thought better of them than you.

Meh, Kenny and a few soundbites for the media. Is that all you can muster? Stop being so naive.

Backing is an ongoing thing. So many poor players eh? Do you think it's healthy to reach such conclusions just a few months into a season, new players, new team, new philosophy and all that? And what of the yanks knowledge of football? Who are they to judge at this point? They put Comolli in place but only backed him and the manager some of the way. Strange way of doing things.

The team's form tailed off dramatically post-Suarez fiasco and if you lose a key player, whether it be for the season i.e. Lucas or 9 games there should be a plan in place to compensate for such unforeseeable situations.

I want to get on board with you and your yankee mates but you're just aren't doing much convincing. Soz. Maybe i'm just too blinkered. haha

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Yeah, I thought you'd attempt to bypass what he actually said. As I said, pointless debating somebody so blinkered.

Yeah, I thought you'd attempt to bypass what he actually said. As I said, pointless debating somebody so blinkered.

So, after the past few years of a very public war, you'd expect someone like Dalglish, who has always played his cards close to his chest, to follow down the same path and stoke the flames once again when the club is looking to recover it's image and some semblance of its identity?

I repeat, stop being so utterly naive and give the blinkered something to chew on rather than promising to flounce every time you hit a dead end.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
So, after the past few years of a very public war, you'd expect someone like Dalglish, who has always played his cards close to his chest, to follow down the same path and stoke the flames once again when the club is looking to recover it's image and some semblance of its identity?

I repeat, stop being so utterly naive and give the blinkered something to chew on rather than promising to flounce every time you hit a dead end.

No matter how many times you and your imaginary friends repeat it, it doesn't make it true. Bottom line is that you think FSG are responsible for team performances and that Kenny is less responsible for team performances. You can't reason with somebody like that. You're like a brainwashed jihadist.

Guest ShoePiss

I think the owners and Ayre are to blame for the way the whole Suarez thing was handled and I think this affected the results.

That's not brainwashed.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I think the owners and Ayre are to blame for the way the whole Suarez thing was handled and I think this affected the results.

That's not brainwashed.

Are the owners more responsible for team performances than the manager of the team?

No matter how many times you and your imaginary friends repeat it, it doesn't make it true. Bottom line is that you think FSG are responsible for team performances and that Kenny is less responsible for team performances. You can't reason with somebody like that. You're like a brainwashed jihadist.

Your attempts to undermine are feeble.

You cannot separate off the field from on the field. One depends on the other.

Unless you're feeble minded, that is.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Your attempts to undermine are feeble.

Coming from somebody whose default argument is 'you're stupid', that's quite something.

You cannot separate off the field from on the field. One depends on the other.

Unless you're feeble minded, that is.

Every time John Henry farts in Boston, there's an own goal at Anfield. True story.