You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Running

Redder Lurtz

When I did Cloud 9 iPods were banned, you could be disqualified for wearing one. I've just got my number for the Wilmslow half and they are banned for that too.

I've got Nike+ on my phone and find it really useful..although Ellie Goulding congratulating me took getting used to.

When I did Cloud 9 iPods were banned, you could be disqualified for wearing one. I've just got my number for the Wilmslow half and they are banned for that too.

I've got Nike+ on my phone and find it really useful..although Ellie Goulding congratulating me took getting used to.

Seriously? It's next SUnday isn't it, a mate of mine in work is doing it and her brother has dropped out, I was going to take his place but don't fancy it without an I.pod.

Seriously? It's next SUnday isn't it, a mate of mine in work is doing it and her brother has dropped out, I was going to take his place but don't fancy it without an I.pod.

Yes, I could kind of understand on Cloud9 because it's pretty rocky and you do have the potential to get lost (if you are thick) but Wilmslow is a road race. I don't suppose the stewards would take it off you though. It's quite a quick race and very flat. Let me know if you decide to do it.

Yes, I could kind of understand on Cloud9 because it's pretty rocky and you do have the potential to get lost (if you are thick) but Wilmslow is a road race. I don't suppose the stewards would take it off you though. It's quite a quick race and very flat. Let me know if you decide to do it.

I will be doing it mate and I'll take my chances with the I.pod. Speak through the week, I'll look out for you.

1:38 good event but people who run in these things really need to judge their finish times better and pick their start place better, the start was a joke.

Excellent time, sir! I've no idea what goes on in some people's heads when it comes to the way some people approach races. Do they think by starting with people much quicker than them is going to drag them round to a faster time. Just start at a realistic time marker. They're about when you'll finish not where you'd like to finish

Excellent time, sir! I've no idea what goes on in some people's heads when it comes to the way some people approach races. Do they think by starting with people much quicker than them is going to drag them round to a faster time. Just start at a realistic time marker. They're about when you'll finish not where you'd like to finish

I reckon in the first 3 miles the ratio of me passing to being passed was about 29:1. Wanted to punch the back of a few heads.

1:38 good event but people who run in these things really need to judge their finish times better and pick their start place better, the start was a joke.

That is a great time.

It seems some people like to be near the front and have no idea of other runners around them.

Or "What is the world record? 58 minutes, well I am quite fit so I will go for 1hr 15".

I believe that headphones are banned in most officially organised races. Not being able to hear other runners or race instructions.

Another win for me brother here smashing it on a atrocious ground a horse wouldnt run on.

National XC under 20, hes three years under age and barely looks like he broke sweat.

Senior Boys English Schools XC 2013 | 2013 English Schools XC Championships | Athleticos | Athletics News

Good achievement that mate its always nice to see young people Doing well in there chosen sport.

Another win for me brother here smashing it on a atrocious ground a horse wouldnt run on.

National XC under 20, hes three years under age and barely looks like he broke sweat.

Senior Boys English Schools XC 2013 | 2013 English Schools XC Championships | Athleticos | Athletics News

That is mightily impressive.

Yes, this man talks sense.

Talking from experience the hardest thing in mass race is to keep calm and collected.

Don't get caught up in the adrenaline rush, keep at the pace you are comfortable with and keep checking your timings each mile. Otherwise trust me you'll burn out soon enough by your body not being used to it.

No matter if there's an annoying twat who you want to get in front of or you feel great to begin with you'll soon start to feel yourself slowing down, keep to your pace and stick to it and you'll soon find yourself overtaking people in the last couple miles.

Always concentrate on your race, not anyone else's.

Good advice that.

Which one are you doing, by the way?

I am also a firm believer in you are fit for what you train for, eg I have got back up to 40k/25 mile cycle rides but could hardly run round the block when I went out for my first run in about 8 months on Tuesday

Im doing Brighton in 3 weeks time.

Did a very slow but moral boosting 18m at the weekend.

So come on then Champ you seem to know a lot about this what's your running story, how many marathons have you done and at what kind of pace?