You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

If people want to see actual rise in prices they should check out hotel rooms in Liverpool the weekend for the Spurs and Wolves games, thats greed!

A three night stay in the Adelphi for the cost of a season ticket, you have to laugh!

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I still think Klopp was being honest about his reasons for calling it a day.

Me too, I understand it even more after the United game. Stressful for us can't think what it must be like for him.

15 minutes ago, Code said:

If people want to see actual rise in prices they should check out hotel rooms in Liverpool the weekend for the Spurs and Wolves games, thats greed!

A three night stay in the Adelphi for the cost of a season ticket, you have to laugh!

How much is it to get out of the Adelphi 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Code said:

2% is an actual price rise.

I can't speak for other Football supporters but I've been worse off every year for the past three years due to the cost of living. Something has to give at some point & you're going to have a more and more genuine supporters priced out of their club.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mook said:

2% is an actual price rise.

I can't speak for other Football supporters but I've been worse off every year for the past three years due to the cost of living. Something has to give at some point & you're going to have a more and more genuine supporters priced out of their club.

No you will not, thats basically a loads of fuckin bollocks.

There are 19 PL home games, a rise of £1 per game is £19 per year, that does not price you out of anything. 

Tickets for Liverpool games have been at a freeze for many years now, its not the rise of the prices for football tickets that price you out, its the inflation and rise in prices for everything else. 

• Downvote 1

I thought the point was FSG put fans on the board to speak and consult over things like this and they didn't bother.

Either way 2 percent isn't a lot but 2 percent last year, this year, next year, the year after it all adds up. 

Honestly though the end of Klopps reign, 7 games and we can win the league, we need fans in full voice flags the lot. Its the end of an era.

11 minutes ago, Code said:

There are 19 PL home games, a rise of £1 per game is £19 per year, that does not price you out of anything. 

Tickets for Liverpool games have been at a freeze for many years now, its not the rise of the prices for football tickets that price you out, its the inflation and rise in prices for everything else. 

I don't go to the Football since they completely ruined the game with VAR but I have had to tighten my belt on any subscriptions I had and a couple of other little things in my life have had to go recently too.

It's not just £19 a year, it's the cost of food, drink, clothes, travel & any hobbies, it has all shot up in the last few years and Football isn't an essential, which is what I mean when I say something has to give for people near the breadline.

You keep sticking up for some billionaires in Boston though & I'll stay on the side of the wee guy.

51 minutes ago, Code said:

The Adelphi should pay you to stay there if it’s like when I lived back in Liverpool.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Mook said:

I don't go to the Football since they completely ruined the game with VAR but I have had to tighten my belt on any subscriptions I had and a couple of other little things in my life have had to go recently too.

It's not just £19 a year, it's the cost of food, drink, clothes, travel & any hobbies, it has all shot up in the last few years and Football isn't an essential, which is what I mean when I say something has to give for people near the breadline.

You keep sticking up for some billionaires in Boston though & I'll stay on the side of the wee guy.

Im not sticking up for anyone, but what Im saying is 100% correct.

You basically admitted so yourself. 

Just now, Code said:

Im not sticking up for anyone, but what Im saying is 100% correct.

You basically admitted so yourself. 

You missed my point, which is why there is a misunderstanding.

13 minutes ago, The wanderer said:

The Adelphi should pay you to stay there if it’s like when I lived back in Liverpool.

Its shite, cant remember last time I stayed there, must be more than 10 years ago I think. 

2 minutes ago, Mook said:

You missed my point, which is why there is a misunderstanding.

Yes I agree the costs have gone up at an alarming rate, but not the actual match tickets from the club though, that is my only point, and thats why I think its a bit strange to hold a protest against this. 

There have been other changes far more worthy of a protest than this the last few years. 

Got to pay for Annyroad somehow and if I remember before it was built FSG mentioned about the fans funding it. 

Absolute shitshow announcing it now though. Really turned the fans against them. Last night needed to be full flag euroean night. Instead it had the atmosphere of a pre season game. 

5 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Got to pay for Annyroad somehow and if I remember before it was built FSG mentioned about the fans funding it. 

Absolute shitshow announcing it now though. Really turned the fans against them. Last night needed to be full flag euroean night. Instead it had the atmosphere of a pre season game. 

Isn't this the period price increases are always announced in line with renewals?

3 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Isn't this the period price increases are always announced in line with renewals?

Yes it is, a club cant sell tickets without giving the price, its a ridiculous argument. 

Anytime to announce an increase is a bad time, I don't have an issue at all with the timing. 

It's more that an institution who pay people like Thiago hundreds of thousands of pounds a week want to squeeze more out of the punters, who are already paying through the fucking nose.

The whole thing is a giant pile of shite & free market capitalism on PEDs.

I support the protest

BUT the big issue here has always been and always will be supply and demand. Not withstanding the great job that has taken place with renovating Anfield, I really do think it was and is short sighted not have to built at least an 80k seater stadium.

The waiting list for home games for members was for me at one point about 40,000 it's absolutely obscene. I  am hugely fortunate to have access to a season ticket, and a network of people I can use tickets at face value but very conscious this is not a privilege shared by most. 

I am hoping The Kop and Centenary are looked at soon to increase capacity because that's the only way to alleviate  the demand. 

3 hours ago, Code said:

tickets went up last season too. which because they'd been frozen i think most people let slide. they also communicated with fan groups prior to doing this and despite the fan groups saying they thought it wrong in such economic times, they put the prices up anyway. this time they didn't even both communicating with the fan groups. 

one of the main reasons the club have given is to cover the increase in bills. so we as fans are supposed to pay for that every time. but this is not the only income line to the club. for instance a few years back we installed additional flood lights because TV demanded it. regardless of weather, time or day or any other conditions, we run the flood lights because TV demanded it. Then when it comes to pay for all this, get the dickheads in the ground to pay. 

The price off football is fucking disgusting. Those cunts in Boston market us as their "12th man". The support is part of the appeal to both sponsors and TV and the singing of YNWA is a centre piece for TV games globally, where it is normal practice for the TV commentary team to be cut off from talking while it is being sung. They have no product without us. 

Finally, this is nothing more than a price fixing cartel. The clubs get together to discuss the rises and release them pretty much together. It's a proper cunts trick. What we've done isn't even the worst of it. The OAP thing at Spurs is a fucking disgrace. 

Bottom line - the PL is absolutely fuck all without the fans in the ground. We are part of the product, there's absolutely no need to keep charging more and more to the fan in the ground, there are loads of income streams to exploit, which in turn exploits the fan base. Enough is enough. 

• Upvote 3

Also this was going back pre-covid but one of the TV deals was so lucrative that they could let everyone in for free and still make the same money they did before.

Tickets just aren't the biggest revenue stream for a club like Liverpool

Tickets were frozen for a few years.  The 2% increase is below inflation, below the rise in average UK earnings and well below the rise in ticket prices at other Premier League clubs.

I really am struggling to cast FSG as the bad guys this time.

7 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Tickets were frozen for a few years.  The 2% increase is below inflation, below the rise in average UK earnings and well below the rise in ticket prices at other Premier League clubs.

I really am struggling to cast FSG as the bad guys this time.

I don't think they're the bad guys, I just think this is symbiotic of an issue that is hugely complex.

I do think however it's un-acceptable to just shrug your shoulders about it and go, "well it's capitalism". There are a multitude of things I can think of that would increase revenue on a match day that don't involve ticket price rises.  

I don't go to games so it's easy as it doesn't effect me but 2% is nothing really. And many of the same people moaning about it will then be moaning that a club that tries to be self sustaining won't spend money to compete. The increase will probably be used to help pay for non paying staff most people want to get a decent level of pay.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Antynwa said:

I don't think they're the bad guys, I just think this is symbiotic of an issue that is hugely complex.

I do think however it's un-acceptable to just shrug your shoulders about it and go, "well it's capitalism". There are a multitude of things I can think of that would increase revenue on a match day that don't involve ticket price rises.  

Yeah, I get it, Premier League football stinks.  If anyone wants to organise a protest against that, count me in.

Last night's protest was specifically targeted against Liverpool Football Club. That's the bit I'm struggling to get onboard with.

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I don't go to games so it's easy as it doesn't effect me but 2% is nothing really. And many of the same people moaning about it will then be moaning that a club that tries to be self sustaining won't spend money to compete. The increase will probably be used to help pay for non paying staff most people want to get a decent level of pay.

It isn't nothing

And there is no guarantees on that.