You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

It’s genuinely unbelievable how much the Saudis have fucked golf. All of the PGA Tour players have accepted it basically for their share of the $1.5bn pie and the knowledge that they’ll end up with some of that lovely Saudi money themselves anyway in the not too distant future. 

Theo Epstein was the Red Sox general manager when they broke their decades-long World Series drought in 2004, and later was the Cubs' GM when they broke their even longer World Series drought in 2016. Baseball GMs tend to oversee organisational structure as well as leading contract negotiations, so I would think Epstein's experience with overseeing organisational structure, plus his familiarity with working with Henry, Werner and Gordon is what FSG want to tap into here. He will advise on how the structure at Liverpool fits into the whole rather than be hands-on with Liverpool specifically. Same with Michael Edwards. I believe the story about Gordon also speaking with Edwards about our sporting director role, but I don't think it was with a view to asking him back. Edwards' analytics company has been set up specifically to provide expertise across sport and even in business, so I highly doubt he would want to go back to a more limited role working with just one club.

7 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Interesting article. The departure of all the staff with Klopp makes me wonder if a takeover has already taken place and Klopp doesnt want to part of it? Speculation,I know but it makes you wonder. I just hope they make a decent fist of a replacement is all I ask.

• 1 month later...

Was up at the ground today with my daughter and we went in the megastore. Place was absolutely heaving and people were buying 4 or 5 shirts a time. The shirt printers were fucking busy on the upstairs floor. FSG hit the jackpot with that store.

Loads of fans from all round the country and the world round the ground and all the stadium tours were sold out as well as the museum being busy too. 

It almost felt like a match day and not a random cold rainy Wednesday afternoon. 

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

Was up at the ground today with my daughter and we went in the megastore. Place was absolutely heaving and people were buying 4 or 5 shirts a time. The shirt printers were fucking busy on the upstairs floor. FSG hit the jackpot with that store.

Loads of fans from all round the country and the world round the ground and all the stadium tours were sold out as well as the museum being busy too. 

It almost felt like a match day and not a random cold rainy Wednesday afternoon. 

They are horrible Capitalist pigs, but they're our horrible Capitalist pigs - and they're fucking good at it.

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

I was at the ground for a charity event a couple of weeks back on a Friday. My taxi driver was a bloo. He said the ground is like that all the time, said he gets loads of fares up and down to town. Shame there's not a few decent local places for the visitors to go and keep them in the area. 

2 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Probably because the game was moved to Thursday really late, my brother and his daughter have been in Liverpool since Monday and was going the game tonight. I

Had to book new flights because the game as moved, then the train they had booked to London got cancelled Friday morning because of strike, so they needed to rent a car to get to London on time or book new flights again.

Fuckin TV companies I say. 

1 minute ago, Code said:

Probably because the game was moved to Thursday really late, my brother and his daughter have been in Liverpool since Monday and was going the game tonight. I

Had to book new flights, then the train to London got cancelled Friday morning because of strike, so they needed to rent a car to get to London on time or book new flights again.

That's shite. But it's always the same with TV these days. They haven't scheduled the TV for the games in may yet have they? 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

That's shite. But it's always the same with TV these days. They haven't scheduled the TV for the games in may yet have they? 

There is always a risk, but PL games on a Thursday is pretty unusual, so they have been really unlucky.

No, nothing about the May games yet, at least we know when the last game will be played. 

Just now, Code said:

There is always a risk, but PL games on a Thursday is pretty unusual, so they have been really unlucky.

No, nothing about the May games yet, at least we know when the last game will be played. 

I think it's the norm now for these scheduled midweek fixtures. Or at least there will be some. For the UK TV, all this week's games are on TNT, there was another round a little while back the same and 2 Amazon had at boxing day and earlier in December. They stretch the fixtures across 3 days. And have staggered KO times so the second games kick off at half time of the 1st games. 

Next season there's 5 of them (one being in the slot that was the 5th round of the fa cup this year) and sky have them all. But I think the same principle of days and times applies. 

17 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think it's the norm now for these scheduled midweek fixtures. Or at least there will be some. For the UK TV, all this week's games are on TNT, there was another round a little while back the same and 2 Amazon had at boxing day and earlier in December. They stretch the fixtures across 3 days. And have staggered KO times so the second games kick off at half time of the 1st games. 

Next season there's 5 of them (one being in the slot that was the 5th round of the fa cup this year) and sky have them all. But I think the same principle of days and times applies. 

I might not have noticed since its our first Thursday game, but its really shite, same goes for Friday games.

From a egoistical point of view though, I should be all up for it, as it would make it easier to get two games in one trip without too many days off, but its a no from me.