You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

10 minutes ago, Code said:

No, never been, never will be. 

so don't moan about what they do or don't do. They are there to represent the interests of their members. The agenda is only as broad is its membership. If you think they should be representing your point of view, join and have your voice. 

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

so don't moan about what they do or don't do. They are there to represent the interests of their members. The agenda is only as broad is its membership. If you think they should be representing your point of view, join and have your voice. 

My problem is that they make out the speak for all the fans, but they don’t. It’s not possible to find out how many members they have either, they say they have 300.000 followers online , but in reality that means nothing.

1 minute ago, Code said:

My problem is that they make out the speak for all the fans, but they don’t. It’s not possible to find out how many members they have either, they say they have 300.000 followers online , but in reality that means nothing.

followers will be socials of course. but they have thousands of members. i don't think they make out they represent anything but their members. how can they represent anyone else?

honestly, if you think they should be making more representation around membership costs or sales or the price of the adelphi, contact them. ask them about it. they might say - come, join the committee, be the voice of that point of view. 

https://spiritofshankly.com/contact/

Haha I’ll let the market decide the prices for rooms at the Adelphi.

I’ll await their protests to when the club decide that if your season ticket fail to register at the gate/ gets forwarded to another person/ sold on the clubs ticket exachange five times combined during the season you will lose your ticket. 

5 minutes ago, Code said:

Haha I’ll let the market decide the prices for rooms at the Adelphi.

I’ll await their protests to when the club decide that if your season ticket fail to register at the gate/ gets forwarded to another person/ sold on the clubs ticket exachange five times combined during the season you will lose your ticket. 

You can do that, or as Barry mentions, you could do something positive...

https://spiritofshankly.com/ticketing/

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Mook said:

You can do that, or as Barry mentions, you could do something positive...

https://spiritofshankly.com/ticketing/

I see they fail to mention paying at least £28 just to get the opportunity to buy tickets every season, the changes where if you fail to register your ticket at the gate you will lose the credit, even if you were at the game, if you can’t go but a mate use your ticket you lose your credit, the new system with digital tickets on your phone etc, etc. 

15 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

They know the tickets will be bought though. Up the price and give us the real money, tv money, for transfers. Yeah right.

the tickets will be bought now. give it 5 months with the portugese brendan rodgers or whatever, and the seats won't be quite as easy to fill. people think we have limitless people interested in coming to watch us play. i don't think the demand is that great for a team outside the top 4. klopp proved to be box office and then some, he's a hard act to follow in more than one way. 

9 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

the tickets will be bought now. give it 5 months with the portugese brendan rodgers or whatever, and the seats won't be quite as easy to fill. people think we have limitless people interested in coming to watch us play. i don't think the demand is that great for a team outside the top 4. klopp proved to be box office and then some, he's a hard act to follow in more than one way. 

Suppose w3 will have to wait and see Baz, for me the tickets go whatever, we all paid to watch the shite we played in the 90’s didn’t we.

7 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I still think Klopp was being honest about his reasons for calling it a day.

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. I expect all the bullshit media commitments have contributed to Klopp's tiredness, and who knows what the straw was that broke the camel's back.

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Suppose w3 will have to wait and see Baz, for me the tickets go whatever, we all paid to watch the shite we played in the 90’s didn’t we.

It wasn't sell outs every week and attendances dropped when we were shite. That was the same till they introduced the schemes they have now. They were tailing off under Rodgers and I have no doubt that's why he was fired, because they'd been trying to sell hospitality on the new main stand before it opened and couldn't. Then klopp turned up with his razzmatazz and the rest is history. 

43 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

It wasn't sell outs every week and attendances dropped when we were shite. That was the same till they introduced the schemes they have now. They were tailing off under Rodgers and I have no doubt that's why he was fired, because they'd been trying to sell hospitality on the new main stand before it opened and couldn't. Then klopp turned up with his razzmatazz and the rest is history. 

Indeed. But I think they will still sell. 

9 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Indeed. But I think they will still sell. 

Talking of selling

Wouldn't be shocked if FSG sell at some point fairly soon if FFP all but get fucked off for a luxury tax and they won't spend to compete and only so much you can achieve being clever

6 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Talking of selling

Wouldn't be shocked if FSG sell at some point fairly soon if FFP all but get fucked off for a luxury tax and they won't spend to compete and only so much you can achieve being clever

Probably. Certainly a big change coming for us. I will as always (not Roy) back the manager.

17 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Talking of selling

FFP is getting fucked off for Squad Cost Control, points deductions still form part of the new, unanimously agreed, rules despite rumours last week. There will be more minor fines for minor breaches but the general rules is clubs in Europe cannot spend more than 70% of turnover on wages and the amortised value of transfers/agents fee's. Teams not in Europe can spend 85%.

They've exploring MCO's and building a stable of clubs.

56 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

FFP is getting fucked off for Squad Cost Control, points deductions still form part of the new, unanimously agreed, rules despite rumours last week. There will be more minor fines for minor breaches but the general rules is clubs in Europe cannot spend more than 70% of turnover on wages and the amortised value of transfers/agents fee's. Teams not in Europe can spend 85%.

They've exploring MCO's and building a stable of clubs.

All of this will lead to a reduction in transfer costs and then wages and agent fees. The January window just gone was a glimpse at the future. Clubs know they can only spend within their means, in our case it means our expenditure will reduce. We could increase profits by standing still, increasing ticket costs is unnecessary other than for reasons of greed. I'm delighted the flags were withdrawn and the atmosphere was shite. Maybe FSG may value that support at the billions it worth to them rather than an extra £19 a head.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, The wanderer said:

Don’t think you’re old enough to remember Liverpool in 10th in January one season under Sir Bob . They then went on an unbeaten run to win the league , if we sat in 8th now people’s heads would explode on here.

1981 or 82 if I recall. I remember attending the home game where we beat Wolves 2-1 and turned it all around and won the League. Won the League Cup too.

A mate of mine has recently relocated his season ticket from block 109 on the Kop to the new Anfield Road stand with a group of mates he’s gone to the match with for years as they’re getting on and a couple of them have some health issues. In block 109 they were mostly sat next to a group of fans who have sat in the same seats for years. In the new Anfield Road stand they’re sat by a different group of fans every week. My mate said they got talking to a couple of fans sat by them a few weeks back, and they found out these fans had paid almost £500 for their tickets. This included a few extras like access to a lounge, some food was included, a free match programme and travel from town to the stadium and back. It sounds like there’s loads of these packages being sold throughout the stadium. 

Also working from home this week I had Sky News on and on the business news section they had the ceo of a premium ticketing company called Seat Unique on. His business is doing really well charging extortionate amounts for tickets to gigs and sporting events similar to those packages mentioned above. This isn’t a ticket reselling site, they are supplied with the tickets by the venues themselves. I had a look at their site and they are offering tickets for our final matches of the season as below. How much extra is the club creaming in from these deals?

https://www.seatunique.com/sport-tickets/football/liverpool-fc-tickets

IMG_1760.png

12 hours ago, The wanderer said:

Don’t think you’re old enough to remember Liverpool in 10th in January one season under Sir Bob . They then went on an unbeaten run to win the league , if we sat in 8th now people’s heads would explode on here.

Think it was worse than 10th....12th on Boxing Day.

Also I don’t really see why a club that can turnover £560m in a year where performance wasn’t spectacular needs to squeeze an extra £2.5m from their most loyal supporters. It’s a drop in the ocean and hardly seems worth the bad feeling it creates. 

As for people saying it’s only a 2% increase, ticket prices are 1400% higher than back in the early 90s. If season ticket prices had increased in line with inflation since then, a Kop season ticket would be around £200, and not the £700 plus they currently cost. But as the tv money slows down, they obviously feel the need to squeeze the fans again. This will only be the start.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

A mate of mine has recently relocated his season ticket from block 109 on the Kop to the new Anfield Road stand with a group of mates he’s gone to the match with for years as they’re getting on and a couple of them have some health issues. In block 109 they were mostly sat next to a group of fans who have sat in the same seats for years. In the new Anfield Road stand they’re sat by a different group of fans every week. My mate said they got talking to a couple of fans sat by them a few weeks back, and they found out these fans had paid almost £500 for their tickets. This included a few extras like access to a lounge, some food was included, a free match programme and travel from town to the stadium and back. It sounds like there’s loads of these packages being sold throughout the stadium. 

Also working from home this week I had Sky News on and on the business news section they had the ceo of a premium ticketing company called Seat Unique on. His business is doing really well charging extortionate amounts for tickets to gigs and sporting events similar to those packages mentioned above. This isn’t a ticket reselling site, they are supplied with the tickets by the venues themselves. I had a look at their site and they are offering tickets for our final matches of the season as below. How much extra is the club creaming in from these deals?

https://www.seatunique.com/sport-tickets/football/liverpool-fc-tickets

IMG_1760.png

Thats actually reasonable priced compared to other prices I have seen.  Shocking as it is. 

9 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

£2000 for Wolves is reasonable?

I did not look at that game, saw £1000 for Spurs, but Ive heard £3000 quoted for Wolves game. 

Its obviously criminal, but in my mind the changes from the club the last two seasons when it comes to members tickets is part if the reason for the rising tout prices.

Changes that SOS agreed to.