You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

2 minutes ago, Red74 said:

What’s changed since the summer? He wouldn’t have a bad word said about them or entertain questions like this. 

I'd say with Klopp it will be down to just the footballing side.

He now realises and accepts the gambles on likes of keita and oxlade staying fit did not pay off, he realises that Thiago is only going to play about half the minutes we clock up in a season and he realises he can't wring any more out of Hendo/Milner.

He was probably happy to take chances on these things/probably even out of his loyal nature wanted them to come off, but now he can see they simply haven't and won't come off he is quite rightly pointing out that he needs backing to put things right/kick us on.

38 minutes ago, an tha said:

He is of course dead on in both those quotes above.

He simply has to be backed - if they don't back him then they should fuck off and frankly i would not blame him if he did either.

Well we don't know what was discussed when he signed up again. He's the biggest asset if them all, I wouldn't be amazed if part of him signing on again was to help them sell and he knew that. But the process will take time and any company going through sale/refinancing or pretty much anything that will look closely at the health of the balance sheet, normally shuts up shop and cuts everything they can before it happens. 

36 minutes ago, Red74 said:

What’s changed since the summer? He wouldn’t have a bad word said about them or entertain questions like this. 

In the summer he was saying he wished they'd take more risk. The thing about the midfield now it's got a.little beyond a joke. I'm wondering if the "and not 35" comment is a bit of a reference to we effectively replaced Gini with a player 6 months younger as thiago is the only genuine midfield signing we've made since keita & fab almost 5 years ago. 

1 hour ago, Red74 said:

I'm trying to figure out if that message was for our current owners or our next.

I noticed klopp also said the other day that whilst everything is going on with the seeking of new investment, we have to keep things during the 'in between' time. I was wondering if that meant he expects to be backed in January regardless of any sale.

Whatever happens in the league, CL, FA cup and League cups this season isn’t that important to me, anymore.

The cancer that has rotted away at our institutions, philosophy and solidarity will be gone shortly.

Listening to people defend, minimise and even celebrate absentee American hedge fund owners has been one of the most sobering things I’ve ever experienced as a fan of this club and I’m so thrilled the end is finally in sight.

The day these people leave and I never have to read Boston, Linda, Werner and John Henry will be like the first time I saw Gerrard jump into a 50/50 tackle.

When I heard the news on Monday, I thought the reality of negotiations would temper my joy, but I’m just absolutely delighted we have our football club back.

• Downvote 1

8 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

On the other hand, you could say. We've earned our right to be able to compete, financially with these other clubs. 

And are now willing to sacrifice everything we as a fanbase make original and unique? The ground will still be filled whoever takes over but never again can LFC claim that uniqueness and working class nature of its fans and club. Hypocrisy will abound.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

And are now willing to sacrifice everything we as a fanbase make original and unique? The ground will still be filled whoever takes over but never again can LFC claim that uniqueness and working class nature of its fans and club. Hypocrisy will abound.

I'm not entirely disagreeing with you by the way, but I do think your vision of us is slightly tinted through rose tinted glasses. 

We've spent big in the past, don't think we didn't. 

The likes of Kenny Dalglish, Mark Lawrenson, fuck, even Phil babb and Stan collymore, its only really since utd won their first premiership has the gap between spending gotten so far. 

In an ideal world we'd generate enough money to compete with the spending power of city, Newcastle etc..... But that's simply not possible, and of all the clubs that have been taken over by mega rich billionaires or sovereign states, we are without doubt, the most deserving of them all to be given a boost up in financial might. 

That's just my opinion. Maybe it's a way for me to justify it. 

But what can you do

6 hours ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Don’t be so touchy man I’m just having a laugh. It’s all fun and games in here, my username is frencheyeglass for fucks sake and I don’t even know why. 

Shit I always thought you were French mate, live and learn as they say.

2 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Whatever happens in the league, CL, FA cup and League cups this season isn’t that important to me, anymore.

The cancer that has rotted away at our institutions, philosophy and solidarity will be gone shortly.

Listening to people defend, minimise and even celebrate absentee American hedge fund owners has been one of the most sobering things I’ve ever experienced as a fan of this club and I’m so thrilled the end is finally in sight.

The day these people leave and I never have to read Boston, Linda, Werner and John Henry will be like the first time I saw Gerrard jump into a 50/50 tackle.

When I heard the news on Monday, I thought the reality of negotiations would temper my joy, but I’m just absolutely delighted we have our football club back.

Brexit: Taking back control

Those quotes from klopp are very forthright unusually so. He basically confirms what most of us have thought. Although I don't believe we are are close to being sold his words could make you think he's already been told how things will be in the future but maybe it's just FSG telling him we need new investors so we can fund the side and hes talking about that. Really they would get new money and just widen their portfolio. 

This is fucking comical. I'm not quite sure how this is news, it's what everyone has been arguing about for years. Yet it never seemed much of a story for our pack journalists till their Boston overlords looked on the way out, in fact quite the opposite they've spent years telling us how clever our owners are. It seems they're getting ready for a change of pace as well as owners. 

IMG_20221112_045747_367.jpg

4 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

I'm not entirely disagreeing with you by the way, but I do think your vision of us is slightly tinted through rose tinted glasses. 

The likes of Kenny Dalglish, Mark Lawrenson, fuck, even Phil babb and Stan collymore, its only really since utd won their first premiership has the gap between spending gotten so far. 

In an ideal world we'd generate enough money to compete with the spending power of city, Newcastle etc..... But that's simply not possible, and of all the clubs that have been taken over by mega rich billionaires or sovereign states, we are without doubt, the most deserving of them all to be given a boost up in financial might. 

But what can you do

We've spent big but done it in a balanced way with money being sourced from ethical sources,relatively speaking,and within certain rules that are ignored elsewhere. While I'm no big fan of the owners at least fan pressure has had an impact on their poorer decisions. Not sure regimes where they behead and imprison objections from their own citizens will take much notice.

25 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

We've spent big but done it in a balanced way with money being sourced from ethical sources,relatively speaking,and within certain rules that are ignored elsewhere. While I'm no big fan of the owners at least fan pressure has had an impact on their poorer decisions. Not sure regimes where they behead and imprison objections from their own citizens will take much notice.

It’s a world apart from being run by murderous regimes but there’s plenty of unethical money running through every club. We’re sponsored by Standard Chartered ffs.

4 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

He's the best manager in the world. He's also practical, not backing him while he is here is negligent it's criminal if we don't maximise his potential I will punch the fucking moon out of its orbit or go on and on about how shit this all is.

Even can't do the job properly if he isn't backed.

He has done an incredible job and so have his players and he and they deserve all the credit in the world - and if it wasn't for the cheats they would have more honours - they have been better than pretty much all championship winning teams in history over last few years...

But the failure to properly strengthen whilst on top and from a position of strength and the reliance on what is now a squad that is ageing in key areas and has too many injury prone players and players who have heavy, heavy miles on the clock is now starting to hurt us and he needs help to refresh and reshape the squad and in midfield he needs to oversee a rebuild....

That is going to cost money and a fair bit and the job is tougher IMO than it would have been had there been a slightly more proactive approach to improving the squad and to strengthening it over last couple of years or so ..... we have wringed every last drop from a few and been arguably not ruthless enough with others - but that is another conversation - we are where we are and Klopp knows what needs to be done....

The big question is are FSG willing to back him or are they taking the money and running?

Klopp's comments are spot on and very pointed in my view - he knows what we need and he is the best man there is to deliver with it, but will he be given it to work with?

5 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

But what can you do

Alun Evans was the first £100000 transfer, enormous sums for those days.

11 hours ago, El Dangerous said:

It’s a world apart from being run by murderous regimes but there’s plenty of unethical money running through every club. We’re sponsored by Standard Chartered ffs.

Well that's alright then! As long as they dont start lopping off the heads of dissenting journalists and chopping them to pieces then we're golden.

What a fuckin mess football has become.